The Political Lounge

Greatest 21st Century Political Leader (Round 3 - FINAL)

vcczar

Greatest 21st Century Political Leader Poll (ROUND 3-FINAL)   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Of the remaining 21st century leader finalists, who is the greatest?

• Angela Merkel, Germany
    • Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2021 at 05:58 PM

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

If these are the, "greatest," and we're a fifth of the way into the century, it looks like a bleak century that'll go out with a whimper... 😞

Did you vote in any of these polls? I forget. 

There's no denying that Stalin was a very great man, and the country won the war thanks to his iron will. - Pavel Grudinin😝

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

You know, funny thing is, last year, someone I know from New Zealand I was talking to who was moderately left-leaning himself was going on about some flaw of hers that at the time seemed like a deal breaker, but now I'll be damned if I can remember what he was saying, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned in this article. It was likely a short-term botch or dropping of the ball the New Zealand media was all over for a short period, possibly hyperbolically, like most modern politicians suffer at times. It's funny how the mind tricks one like that.

I'd look that article over and any other articles and vote if you want to make sure Merkel doesn't win.

Just now, Patine said:

I don't think Stalin is at all a good comparison, here. In fact, a highly hyperbolic, sensationalist one. A modern U.S. partisan new site clickbait one, in fact...

VcCzar said that he would make a greatest leader of the 20th century poll, so I kinda got light hearted...

1 hour ago, Timur said:

There's no denying that Stalin was a very great man, and the country won the war thanks to his iron will. - Pavel Grudinin😝

Stalin was a murderous psychopat,no doubt,but his contribution to allied forces in WW2 was priceless and made great impact on the final positive outcome.

8 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Stalin was a murderous psychopat,no doubt,but his contribution to allied forces in WW2 was priceless and made great impact on the final positive outcome.

Like getting Korea divided, sure, very positive.

1 minute ago, Timur said:

Like getting Korea divided, sure, very positive.

As i said,he is a murderous tyrant and i hate him,but he helped us beat Hitler in Europe a lot.He was a necessary evil,a deal with the devil that had to be made.

51 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Stalin was actually pretty idiotic when it came to fighting the Nazis, for example, despite Soviet intelligence telling him that the Germans were clearly planning to invade the Soviet Union, Stalin refused to believe the reports, and prepare the Russian army for war with Germany until Operation Barbarossa has already happened. It was through the strategic genius of leaders like Zhukov, Konev, and Vasilevsky, that Europe was saved from Nazism, just as it was Eisenhower, Bradley, and Montgomery, not Churchill, Roosevelt, or Atlee, that led the Western Allies to victory in Europe. Too often political leaders get praise, or admonishment for the successes or failings of the nations military leaders.