The Political Lounge

AMPU Poll

AMPU POLL  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen if a politician dies, and there is not a replacement available from the same party?

• Someone from the opposite party must be chosen
    • The seat should stay empty until the next election
    • A new politician should be randomly generated, given to the person who controlled the dead politician, and the new random politician automatically retires when they aren't needed anymore
    • A new politician should be randomly generated, given to the person who controlled the dead politician, and the new random politician remains in the game until they eventually die or retire like the real life politicians
    • A new politician should be randomly generated, given to the lowest scoring politician of the appropriate party, and the new random politician automatically retires when they aren't needed anymore
    • A new politician should be randomly generated, given to the lowest scoring politician of the appopriate party, and the new random politician remains in the game until they eventually die or retire like the real life politicians
    • You can choose someone on the career track, but they lose the benefit of having been on the career track.
    • You can choose someone on the career track, and they still get the benefits of having been on the career track so far.
    • Other (specify below)

I’m fine with taking someone off the CT as long as they don’t get the benefits. However generating a random politician also works for me. I feel like they should have a 50/50 chance of immediately retiring, and if not, they have the bare minimum stats.

• Like 1

I think the rule should be different for House and Senate Elections.

For House politicians, the seat should remain empty symbolizing the seat being unfilled a special election and making it so deaths in tightly a tightly contested House matter. 

For the Senate, if there is no available politician, then a politician should be randomly generated. I don't see a scenario where a governor would willingly appoint someone of the opposite party. 

• Like 1

Coming from a spectator's point of view, I would lean towards pulling the career track off with no rewards. Otherwise, you could just put all of your pols on the career tracks and hope there aren't enough available pols in a state while still gaining the benefits. On the other hand, I could see it argued for getting the benefits as the career tracks are to represent lower level pols in a state like a Lt. Gov. so they should have some skills from their time on the track. So I see it as a balance of risk/reward gameplay and theme.

Edited by Ich_bin_Tyler
grammar correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1