The Political Lounge

Best Games for Watch Mode (AI vs AI)

vcczar

40 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

AMPU 😉

Also any sports text sim DDS CF,Pro football, College basketball, pro basketball

I'd say just about any of the Paradox games, Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, and some sports game. 

I think the first sports game I used to watch was either Baseball Stars or Baseball Simulator 1.000 on NES. I've found that Basketball and Football AI vs AI games don't tend to lead to realistic results. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I've never been a fan for this mode. Sitting and watching the AI play each other with no input, regardless of how clever or braindead they may be, seems boring to me. Besides, none of my favourite games, except the later iterations of 270soft games, even have such a feature available and functional - they all require at least one human player.

That's understandable. I tend to do it when I'm working on something and just have it in the background. For instance, I'll frequently run Europa Universalis IV to see how the world develops each time. Always surprising results. 

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I'd usually run official music videos on YouTube of some of my favourite rock songs of the '60's-90's to have something running in the background in such cases.

I find music with lyrics distracting when I work. I'll have the game running AI vs AI without sound. I'll occasionally Alt+tab to see how the world has changed and then Alt+tab back. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Crusader Kings 2, with the Game of Thrones mod is probably my favorite.

Madden, back when I used to play (I quit two years ago, when they completely gave up on franchise mode)

Sims 3, with the story progression mod was pretty fun.  I'd create my immediate family,  my extended family members,  and my friends and their spouses/kids, put them in a town along with other random people, and see who married who, who had babies when, what did those babies grow up to become...  

Hands-off mode is actually my favorite mode in most games because it allows me to multitask.  I can watch a Super Bowl game in June while folding laundry.  I can let Robert's Rebellion play out completely differently while figuring out how to automate excel functions for AMPU.  I can watch my daughter grow up to be a 23-year-old retail cashier who marries an 85-year-old con artist.  Fun!  ;c)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Sims 3, with the story progression mod was pretty fun.  I'd create my immediate family,  my extended family members,  and my friends and their spouses/kids, put them in a town along with other random people, and see who married who, who had babies when, what did those babies grow up to become...  

I played the original Sims. It was fun. 

How many people can you create in Sim games now? The original allowed for 8 people in one house and you couldn't create people outside the household.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

How many people can you create in Sim games now? The original allowed for 8 people in one house and you couldn't create people outside the household.

I haven't played in a long time, and never really got into Sims 4 (the current one), but I think the limit might still be 8.  Though that can be modded.  

It's not so much a technical limit as it is a fun limit -- managing more than 8 people in a single house is too stressful.  Ha.  

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I haven’t played Sims 4 recently (since it’s not a great game and requires heaps of DLC to be enjoyable), but it’s still 8 per household. However, you can control/edit as many households as you’d like in the town. Theoretically you could fill an entire town with your custom characters if you’d like. I think. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rezi said:

I haven’t played Sims 4 recently (since it’s not a great game and requires heaps of DLC to be enjoyable), but it’s still 8 per household. However, you can control/edit as many households as you’d like in the town. Theoretically you could fill an entire town with your custom characters if you’d like. I think. 

That sounds kinda cool. Wish I had time to play games. 

25 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Yep, that's what I would do in Sims 3.  I downloaded a town that had a ton of houses, then filled like 60% of them with people I knew in real life, 20% base sims characters, and 20% empty so people had room to move as desired.  Then I'd create a single sim named Wolfrun, which is a cheat that enables your sim to live forever without needing food, sleep, etc.  I'd put him in a tiny room with no door and let the game run on max speed.  I'd get notifications about who married who, career moves, deaths, babies, etc.