The Political Lounge

Star Wars - Age of the Republic

WVProgressive

Build Military 2X: (too long to read version: appoint Farr to lead the committee to organize the new military. Require 10% of each planetary defense forces for the Republic’s armies and fleet. Purchase L8-L9 and SD-Hulk droids for the army. Naboo will serve as the bulk of the honorary First Army and First Fleet, for committing their entire planetary defense force. Look into cloned soldiers at Kamino, Khomm, Lur, Columus, and Arkania. Augment the Judicial Force and planetary defense forces fleets through a massive ship building and purchasing campaign. Train and stage on Vandor-3.)

Valorum let out a sigh. For once, since the beginning of the Naboo incident, it was not a sigh of frustration but of relief. The Military Creation Act had passed, and by no small margin. His fleeting hope to work within the existing system had borne fruit. His ancestor’s mistake was finally put right. An added bonus was that Senator Farr had performed admirably. He would soon be ready to take the reins. Valorum even allowed himself a moment of personnel pleasure in how Farr had shut down the smug Garm Bel Iblis; a perpetual thorn in his side and the reformist movement.

Valorum stoically acknowledged that the good must be balanced with some bad. It was a tragedy to see more systems desert the Republic. It would only make the separatists stronger. As would the Hutts likely alliance with the separatists given the execution of the Republic’s diplomats. That was brazen even by Hutt standards. It would require a counter measure in due time.

His conversation with Master Windu about the return of the Sith had, though, caused his blood to run cold. Nearly a 1,000 years had passed since their defeat and they were somehow rearing their ugly head again. But Valorum had hope, Republican armies had defeated separatists and the Sith before. This time would be no different. He cut off his train of thought and turned to the Rodian seated across his desk from him.

Farr, good work on the Military Creation Act. Your speech may have saved the Republic. Now comes the difficult part of actually building a Republic wide military nearly from scratch. I am appointing you to head the executive committee that will stand up and organize new army and fleet. The rest of the members will be strong reformists and loyalists. Aside from preparing the Republic for war, your success here will set you up nicely for your run for Supreme Chancellor.

My basic stratagem for the Republic’s new military is an ‘all of the above’ approach. We need to field a military as competent as possible, as large as possible, as quickly as possible. The bulk of experienced military forces lay in the planetary defense forces; although their competence varies widely by planet. The most expedient thing to do would be to nationalize every man and starship they have, however we would never survive the political backlash. We will start with them turning over 10% of their forces, and hope this coming war does not require any more. As both the Humans and Gungans of Naboo have pledged their entire force to the Republic’s defense, I want them honored as the base of the First Army and First Fleet of our new military.

Next, we need to look at droid creation. Thanks to our efforts with the Colicoids the Republican Army will have a solid core of deadly Droideka. However, they cannot be produced in the quantities we need to augment our army, so contact TaggeCo and see if the L8-L9 model can do this for us. The SD-6 Hulk has always been reliable in the Republic’s Judicial Forces and would make an excellent mainstay for our new army. And they both far outperform the B1 battle droids used by the separatists.

I have heard rumblings from Senators Palpatine’s office about clone soldiers. I know there are ethical considerations for clones, they would basically be slave soldiers and the Republic’s view on slavery is well known, but do look into this. I believe he is recommending Kamino soley, but look into Khomm, Lur, Columus, and Arkania as well. This may not be a viable option for the present as these clones could take years to grow, but if this is a long war we may need the additional manpower.

We will have to build the fleet from near scratch. The Judicial Forces have their Consular-class cruiser fleet, however they pale in comparison with the Munificent-class ships. And most planets just did not maintain the kinds of ships we will need for our fleets. Though they can provide numerous fight and bomber squadrons. We need a vast production effort of every class of star ship, most especially the Acclimator class assault ship and the Venator class star destroyer.  

Farr, I do not have to tell you we are in a bind here. We cannot afford to turn away or look down on any species in the Republic’s hour of need. They will need training though. I recommend Vandor-3 as our training and staging planet. Closs by Coruscant, but not an ecumenopolis like Coruscant. This will be one of the greatest logistical undertakings in the last 1,000 years. Good luck.

One last thing, leadership for this military. Though we have not always seen eye to eye, Wilhuff Tarkin is a must for Supreme Admiral of the Fleet. We do not have a more experienced or competent man. I have my agents working on who will take over all command of the army. I will update you once those plans are complete. But for other top leadership positions in the army the Jedi have always borne the burden of leading Republic forces…

Diplomacy: Valorum will send a diplomatic mission to the Bothans. While long time allies of the Republic, Valorum hopes to secure their active participation against the separatists should they attack. Their fleet, and more importantly their vast spy network could aid the Republic in a number of ways in the coming war.

Candidate Announcement: Valorum glanced at Senator Farr, and gave him nod. This would hopefully be the start of Farr’s march to fill his position. Valorum had briefly toyed with the idea of suspending his term limit to deal with the crisis. But the man who restored the Republic’s military could not be seen as a dictator. In these troubled times the peaceful transfer of power was more important than his crusade. As his last year in office wound down, it was time to begin formally building support to elect Farr as chancellor.

Farr would give a passionate speech before the Senate declaring his candidacy for the Supreme Chancellor position and how the Republic needs strong leadership to survive this crisis and root out corruption. Valorum will then give a speech fully endorsing him as the man who can continue the reforms.

Diplomacy: Valorum now turned to the matter of a Supreme General for the Army. He had heard of the exploits of a particularly capable, if ruthless, military leader amongst the Kaleesh in Wild Space. The Republic was leaning towards siding with the Yam’rii in the Huk War; despite the Yam’rii’s slave raids that started the war. Now, however, almost all the pro-Yam’rii Senators (chief of them the trade federation) had abandoned the Republic. Valorum had an opportunity to side with the Kaleesh. He would send a delegation that offered the Kaleesh harsh sanctions on the Yam’rii as well as the aid of Republican Judicial Forces. He would also put an opportunity for the Kaleesh to join to the Republic on the table, if they so chose. While he would like the Kaleesh to commit their fleet to the Republics cause, what he really wanted was Qymaen jai Sheelal to lead the Republic’s Army in the coming struggle with the separatists.

Edited by Richard

1. Obi Wan Kenobi will face the trials of knighthood.

2-3. Qui Gon will meet with Shmi and Anakin Skywalker looking to build a relationship so he can begin training the boy.

4. Mace Windu will be tasked guarding Senator Palpatine and will keep an eye out for any unusual behavior.

5. Grand Master Yoda will train the younglings.

1. The Separatists will attempt to convince more planets in the Rim to join them through more intense propaganda. They focus on the idea that in the Republic, the Core calls the shots and everyone else adjusts to it. They hone in on the fact that a 'Coruscanti bureaucrat' rules the Republic, rather than someone from actual planets out there in the real world. 

2. The Separatists will attempt to engineer a fake attack (bomb) on one of the Separatist homeworlds (led by Dooku's machinations) and blame it on the Republic by attempting to strike fear into the hearts of those who join the Confederacy.

3. Count Dooku will make a trip to Corellia, attempting to gain the support of local gangsters and criminals, hoping to sow discord in a Core planet.

4. Senator Bonteri will deliver a speech to be televised throughout the galaxy focusing on the plight of ordinary people - the plight that has been ignored in Coruscant for generations.

5. In order to stay up to date with military preparations, Dooku will go from Corellia to meet with the Trade Federation on the status of the battle droids and ships they were attempting to secure. 

Across The Stars

Kenobi Knight: 20

Death Watch Recruitment: 4

Smoke rose into the bloodied skies of Mandalore, clouding Obi-Wan’s vision, and burning his throat. He rose to his feet, in the domed capital of Sundari, and saw the Jewel of Mandalore burn into one more barren wasteland on a forsaken planet. He stumbled coughed, and stumbled forward.

Why was he here? How, was he here? Where… Where was Satine. He asked himself as his bearings returned to him.

Kenobi stabled himself, and gazed at the palace. He hobbled his way though empty hallways, and ominous corridors, before arriving at the thrown room. There, he saw Duchess Satine laying lifeless on the ground. “No…” Obi-Wan choked out as he checked on the young woman, “No!” he cried, as he held her corpse in his arms. He then found himself surrounded by Mandalorian warriors, and in his rage, he slaughtered them mercilessly. “Obi-Wan.” he could hear Satine’s corpse call to him “Obi-Wan.”

*/*/*/*/*

“Obi-Wan!” Master Qui-Gon Jin called, snapping Obi-Wan out of his meditation. “I could sense it, you were going too deep, you were nearly enveloped by the Dark Side.” Jin told his apprentice as Obi-Wan steadied his breathing. “I-” Obi-Wan began, “I was on Mandalore.” he said, “Mandalore?” Jin asked, “It’s been, almost ten years since we’ve last been there.” Jin remembered as the two Jedi stood up. “I was in Sundari, the city was burning, and,” Obi-Wan said, stopping himself, “I was trying to find Satine.” he admitted.

“Satine?” Jin asked to spur his memory, “Yes, now I remember, the Duchess of Mandalore.” he said. “As I remember, you had grown feelings for her before we left.” he continued, “You knew!?” Obi-Wan asked, “I could sense it within you, but decided not to say anything at the time.” Jin answered. Obi-Wan slumped, “I, I am sorry Master, it is not the Jedi way,” he said in shame, “But, I cannot seem to escape my feelings for her, no matter how hard I try.” he admitted. The room was silent for a moment, as Qui-Gon closed his eyes in deep thought, “Go to her, search your feelings, only then will the force make your path clear to you.” he told the young man. “And if my feelings tell me to leave the Order for her?” Kenobi asked, “Then it will be the will of the force.” Qui-Gon said.

“Before you leave, there is one final thing I wish to teach you,” Qui-Gon told him, “It is a highly unconventional use of the force, but with the return of the Sith, I fear it may be needed.” Qui-Gon continued. “What is it?” Obi-Wan asked, “Do not share this with anyone, and only use it if confronted with a Sith lord.” Qui-Gon said, before beginning Obi-Wan’s final lesson.

*/*/*/*/*

Duchess Satine sat in her throne room, a royal guardsman on either side of her. “An offworlder seeks audience with you, Duchess.” a courtier said, “Republic, or Separatist, tell them I want no part in their war.” the Duchess responded with disinterest, and scorn. “He says he’s a member of the Jedi Order.” the courtier continued. The Duchess lifted her head off of her hand, “Did he give you his name?” she asked, “Obi-Wan Kenobi.” the courtier answered, “Send him in!” Satine ordered. The grand doors to the throne room opened, and the newly knighted Obi-Wan Kenobi walked through, older than she remembered, but still, “Obi.” Duchess said as she laid eyes on him, “Satine.” he responded, softly.

“Leave us.” Satine ordered to her courtiers, and guards, who quickly filed out of the room. The Duchess walked with dignified grace closer to the Jedi Knight in front of her, and suppressed a smile as she looked in his eyes. “I like your new haircut,” Satine complemented, “It looks much better now that you don’t have it braided,” she continued, Obi-Wan gave a coy chuckle, “Yes, I still remember the time that merchant mistook me for a young woman.” he responded. The two shared a small laugh, before looking in separate directions, remembering that they had far too many responsibilities to be acting like a couple of students.

“I hope that your unexpected visit has not been made in the hopes that I will enter Mandalore into the current conflict.” Satine said, straightening her posture. Obi-Wan shook his head, “I have come here because,” he began, trying to think of an alternative reason for him to be there, “I have been having visions of destruction on Mandalore.” he said. Satine sighed, “Visions of the future, or of the past? It is unfortunate that Mandalore has been so devastated by the scourge of war.” she said. “I believe that you, and your allies are in a danger, from a traditionalist terrorist group that seeks to undo all of your reforms.” Obi-Wan said.

Satine thought for a moment, “We have been getting reports of unusual activity on Concordia.” she said, “But Governor Visla has dismissed it as anomalies.” she continued “I will go, and investigate the moon, if my vision is correct, allowing this group to grow unchecked would be disastrous.” Obi-Wan said, before turning to leave. “Obi!” Satine called after him, “Be careful, history shows that Mandalorians, and Jedi Knights don’t mix well.” she asked, “I will, farewell, Satine.” Obi-Wan responded.

*/*/*/*/*

Obi-Wan watched the meeting from his position among the hills of Concordia, laying on his stomach to avoid detection. He watched as Darth Sidious’s transport landed smoothly in the wastes of Concordia, as Mand’alore Pre Visla, and his soldiers awaited his arrival. “Welcome, Lord Sidious, what is it that you wished to discuss?” Visla asked, “I seek another acolyte to join my Dark Order.” Sidious answered. “You seek a force user!?” Visla asked, “I’m afraid your trip may have been wasted, we Mandalorians are a proud warrior people, we care not for your, or the Jedi Order’s reliance on the force.” he told the dark lord. “Do not be so certain, even now, I sense a strong force user on Concordia.” Sidious responded, scanning the horizon, and sensing a figure.

“I shall investigate the force user on Concordia, alone.” Sidious said, walking in the direction of the hills. “If there is a force user on Concordia, be they Mandalorian, or outsider, then it is of interest to the Death Watch,” Visla said, “I will join you to investigate, we will take my speeder.” he demanded. “Fine.” Sidious relented, “Move quickly, before he gets away.” he demanded.

*/*/*/*/*

Obi-Wan, seeing the Sith lord, and the Mandalorian begin moving towards his location, crawled backwards, and began to leave. He stopped himself, however, when he remembered his vision of a Mandalore on fire. Shuffling over to a more hidden location, Kenobi decided to confront his mysterious enemy.

The Death Watch speeder came to a stop on a small hill within the range that Kenobi had hidden in. Kenobi crouched as the Sith, and the Mandalorian split up, going in different directions to investigate. Once he had lost sight of the Sith Lord, Kenobi leapt on top of the Mandalorian. The two men wrestled for a time, before Kenobi gained the upper hand, pinning the warrior to the floor. “Who are you?” Kenobi demanded as he began to slide his opponent’s helmet off his head.

Before Kenobi was able to get the helmet fully off, he was shocked by a blast of force lightning, tossing him off of the Mandalorian. Kenobi rose to his knees, and looked at the Sith Lord who had zapped him, seeing that he had his face shrouded by his hood. Kenobi stood up, and ignited his lightsaber, “You must be the master of that Zabrak I faced on Coruscant.” he said, “You’ll find that I am far more powerful than my apprentice.” the Sith responded.

“And I can sense, so are you.” the Sith continued, “Fear, Passion, Anger, I can sense it all within you.” Sidious said. “Yes, I can sense it, your feelings betray you, and your order,” he continued, “Only by joining me can you save your beloved Duchess from the destruction for which you foresee.” he said. “I’ll never join you, you’re working with the very group that will destroy Sundari.” Kenobi responded. “How unfortunate,” the Sith Lord said, “Now, you shall die, for your lack of vision!” Sidious cried, launching Sith Lightning at his opponent. Kenobi quickly responded with a bolt of Electric Judgment, just as Qui-Gon had taught him before he left.

Blue, and Yellow Lightning clashed in a deadly duel for supremacy. “Impressive, not many Jedi know that power,” Sidious began, “But alas, it is nothing but a weak facsimile of Sith Lightning.” he continued, utilizing his second hand to add more power to his lightning blast. The more powerful Sith lightning began to overpower Kenobi, who was injured by the terrible power of the Sith lord.

Sidious shuffled towards the injured Kenobi. “Such a disappointment.” Sidious said, “You could have been a powerful Sith Lord,” he continued “But now, you shall die.” Sidious said, igniting his crimson lightsaber. Before the Sith was able to cut down the Jedi Knight, a disrupter blast zapped his hand, causing him to drop his lightsaber on the ground. Kenobi pushed the Sith Lord away, before quickly standing up, and running to his savior.

“Satine?” Kenobi exclaimed, seeing that he had been rescued by the Pacifist Duchess of Kalevala, “What are you doing on Concordia?” he asked as the duo ran from the scene of the confrontation. “I followed you here, in case you got yourself into trouble,” Satine answered, “And I see I was right to do so.” she continued. “I suppose that makes us even for all the times I’ve rescued you?” Kenobi asked sarcastically, “Oh really? I still have the scar from that pack of venomites on Draboon.” Satine responded. “Begging your pardon Duchess, I distinctly remember carrying you to safety.” Obi-Wan said, “I meant the scar from you tripped, and dropped me.” Satine clarified, as the couple reached the transport, “Oh, yes, that part I forgot.” Kenobi said in embarrassment, as the two boarded the ship

*/*/*/*/*

Back on the surface of Mandalore, Duchess Satine Kryze, and Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, say their goodbyes. “Farewell, Satine, so long as the Sith are out there, I feel it is my duty to fight against them,” Obi-Wan said, “Farewell, Obi-Wan, I truly hope that you are successful, and that your fight need not ever involve Mandalore.” Satine responded. “Our wants, and the will of the force are often incongruent,” Obi-Wan began, “If that fight ever does come to Mandalore, I’ll stop at nothing to aid in her defense.” he finished. “I-” they both began, before being interrupted, “Communication from Coruscant for you, Jedi Kenobi.” a crewman on the Consular-cruiser told Obi-Wan, “They’re expecting you back at the palace, Duchess.” a guardsman told Satine in turn. The two of them turned away, and left to their respective responsibilities, as, the confession died upon the air.

Heart of Darkness

Darth Vengea: 11

Darth Wilde Training: 10

The training of the New Sith Order progressed, moderately well, with both Darth Wilde, and Darth Vengea progressing well in their training.

Hearts and Minds

Bomb Raxus: 10

Woman of the People: 12

Man of the People: 20

Guard Palpy: 7

Yoda Train: 11

Align The Rim: 7

Bothans: 12

Farr: 3

The younglings filed out of the instruction room after their training ended. Grand Master Yoda himself then hobbled out of the room, and saw Master of the Order Mace Windu waiting for him. “Come to discuss the Separatist Crisis, you have?” Yoda asked. Windu nodded, and the tow Jedi Masters walked to a meeting room.

“We’ve been getting reports of a bombing at the Seperatist Parliament on Raxus, public opinion is all over the place, but casualties seem minimal.” Windu began, “Senator Bonteri has made a speech in response denouncing the bombing as an act of Republican Terrorism, and the CIS are using it in their propaganda to attract more supporters among the Rim Worlds.” Windu continued. “Troubling, this news is.” Yoda responded, “A great darkness in the Senate, I sense, detect anything, have you?” he continued, “No, I’ve noticed nothing unusual around Senator Palpatine, or his allies, and I find it unlikely that a Sith would go to the efforts that Palpatine has for galactic refugees.” Windu answered. “Bothan space has recommitted to the Republic, which would give them an espionage advantage over the CIS.” Windu said. “Finally, it seems that Farr’s announcement speech has gone over terribly in the senate, he likely faces a hard path to the chancellorship.” Windu finished. “Troubled times, these are, cautious, we will need to be.” Yoda said, before the meeting finished.

Mission To Ilum

Padawan Ani: 16

Train Anakin: 15

Qui-Gon Jin, and his new Padawan Anakin Skywalker sat in deep meditation on the Consular-cruiser they were in, a training block sat in front of Anakin. “Now, I want you to try, and move the block around without touching it,” Jin instructed, “Don’t be ashamed if you don’t get it on you-” he began, before Anakin excitedly yelled “I got it! I got it!” as the block hovered around the meditation room. Jin chuckled, “You’re very advanced for your age, which is exactly why we’re on our current mission.” Jin said. “Where are we going?” Anakin asked, “We are going to the planet Ilum, the planet where all Jedi obtain their first kyber crystal.” Jin answered, “It isn’t often for a Jedi to build his lightsaber so early into his training, but since you’re already so powerful in the ways of the force, I thought that it would be a good idea to begin your lightsaber training.” Jin said. The ship rumbled as the ship landed on the icy plains of Ilum.

The two Jedi walked out of the ship, and Jin guided his young apprentice to the Jedi Praxeium on Ilum. Jin guided Anakin through the Temple, up to the mouth of the crystal caves. “From this point forward, this journey is your own,” Jin told the young Jedi, “You won’t come with me?” Anakin asked, “No, I’m afraid that building a lightsaber is a deeply personal thing, and Jedi teachings prevent my interference with it.” Jin answered. “But how will I know I picked the right crystal?” Anakin asked, “Use the force, you’ll know, it will call to you.” Jin told his apprentice. Anakin took a deep breath, and walked into the cave.

The cave was damp, and cold as Anakin trudged through it. At first dark, the cave suddenly became illuminated by hundreds of kyber crystals. Anakin could hear the krystals sing to him, a symphony of the force. “There all calling to me, how do I choose one?” Anakin wondered, gazing at the various blue, green, purple, orange, and yellow crystals. Anakin tapped his foot for a few seconds, before looking at a particular green crystal handing over the edge of a ravine, “Master Qui-Gon has a green crystal,” he reasons, as he reaches for it. Before he could even touch the crystal, Anakin began to slip, and fell into the icy water below the ravine. He lost consciousness as he felt the water freezing water.

*/*/*/*/*

Anakin could feel the lava singe his clothes, and skin as he struggled to climb the hill. “You were my brother Anakin!” he could hear Obi-Wan cry, “I loved you.” he admitted. “I, hate you!” Anakin snarled in anguish as a response. “You were the chosen one!” Obi-Wan yelled, “You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them!” he continued. He could see Obi-Wan turn away, as he felt the fire fully consume him, and struggled to breath as the smoke choked his lungs. The world once again went black, as he lost consciousness.

*/*/*/*/*

Anakin gasped as he awakened on the cold ice bed surrounding the frigid pit of water. His mind buzzed following his vision, his limbs still stinging from the lava, and his heart still twisting in passion, and hatred. Anakin steadied himself, and rose to his feet. It was then that he noticed a kyber crystal’s call to him, more than any other krystal had called to him. He trudged forward, and picked out a cyan colored kyber crystal. Feeling it in his hand, he knew that he had his kyber crystal in his palm. Anakin smiled to himself, and started his journey back to Qui-Gon.

Cash on Delivery

General Grievous: 12

Clones: 20

The Kaleesh General Qymaen jai Sheelal, also known by some as the infamous General Greivous, flew in his personal starfighter, the Soulless One, to a meeting with Republic diplomats. Before he could arrive at the meeting a second starship appeared behind him, a blue Firespray gunship. The gunship steadied itself behind Grevious, and blasted the tail off of his starfighter, sending it tumbling to the ground below.

*/*/*/*/*

“You have once against impressed me with your efficiency.” Sidious complimented, as he handed the credits to Jango Fett. “I am so impressed by your performance, that I have a new mission for you,” Sidious said, “It will pay double what I paid you for this job.” he continued. “Who’s the mark?” Jango asked, “There is no mark,” Sidious said, “Simply go the planet Kamino, I’ve marked it on your starmap, and speak with the Jedi Master there named Pong Krell, he will give you further instructions.” Sidious told the bounty hunter.

*/*/*/*/*

The wreckage of the Soulless One burned bright in the Kaleesh light. “Is it him?” the Judicial sergeant asked, “It looks like his ship,” a private said. “Think he survived?” the private asked, “There’s no way anything could have survived!” a corporal cried. Suddenly, a burned hand burst from the wreckage, and the General attempted to pull himself out, “You two help him out, I’ll call evac!” the sergeant ordered. “This is Sergeant Pr’ng-le, we need an air evacuation at our position, asap!” he said into his radio.

Crisis on Corellia

Dooku on Corellia: 1

Build Army: 18

Build Navy: 20

Dooku Battle Droids: 16

Count Dooku walked dignified, with cordial grace as he met with the criminal element on Corellia. “I believe that we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement to knock Corellia out of the Galactic Republic, “Yes, perhaps we can.” one of the leaders he met with said. “Not on our watch!” a voice called out, throwing a flashbang to blind the participants of the meeting. Dooku, and the criminals were surrounded by forces of the Corellian army, led by Senator, and former Captain Garm Bel Iblis. “Dooku!?” the Senator said with fury, “Get the hell off of my planet before we strike you down like the criminal scum you cooperate with!” Iblis demanded. “You’re dedication to the dying Republic will be your, and Corellia’s undoing.” Dooku spat as he left.

*/*/*/*/*

“Fleet coming out of hyperspace, Commander Tarkin!” a sonar officer informed Commander of Republican Forces Wilhuff Tarkin, aboard the Tarkin’s flagship a modified Acclamator-class Spaceship designated The Decimator. As the fleet exited hyperspace, Tarkin saw that it was a massive fleet, a Corellian fleet, at that, with around 3 Corellian Capital ships, and hundreds of other frigates, ranging from heavy frigates, to cruisers. There was also a sizable number of troop transports I the heart of the fleet. “What is your designation?” Tarkin asked the commander of the Corellian Fleet. “Captain Garm Bel Iblis of the Corellian Armed Forces.” the commander replied, “That looks to be far more than 10% of your planetary force, a change of heart Iblis?” Tarkin asked, “The Seperatists will stop at nothing to see the galaxy ruled by them, at least the Republic doesn’t consort with criminals, much.” Iblis began, “I will transfer 50% of the Corellian Fleet, and 75% of our land forces, on the condition that I personally lead them into battle.” Iblis demanded, “Your bravery is admirable, Senator, I shall pass along your request to the Chancellor.” Tarkin responded.

*/*/*/*/*

“What is the status of the Droid Army?” Dooku asked Nute Gunray as the two met on the planet Cato Neimodia. “The Droid Army is nearing completion, our B1 Battle droids number in the millions, and our B2 Battle droids now number over 100,000.” Gunray answered. “What of our Navy?” Dooku asked, “It is not as advanced as our Army, however we have a good number of frigates, and cruisers filling out most of our navy, and the Trade Federation’s Lucrehulk-class battleships shall make a perfect capital ship, and command center for our planetary droid armies.” Gunray answered. “We will soon be able to launch an offensive campaign against the Republic, but when, and where to strike remains up to you.” Gunray finished.

Meters:

Balance of the Force (Light vs. Dark): 60/100

Republic Military Prep: 50/100

CIS Military Prep: 65/100

Republic Political Support: 55/100

CIS Political Support: 75/100

Republic War Support: 50/100

CIS War Support: 55/100

Economy: 55/100

Public Perception of the Jedi: 45/100

Quality of Life: 50/100

Galactic Crime: 45/100

• Based 1

A crowd formed just outside the Galactic Senate on Coruscant. Camera's floated around the podium that had been set up, broadcasting in hologram the scene to government buildings all across the Republic as well as to the private viewing of any who wish to watch.

Sheev Palpatine will emerge from the Senate smiling and waving to those in attendance as they cheered his arrival. Upon reaching the podium the Senator will smile and take a moment to greet the crowd. "Hello, hello."

As the cheering dies down he will begin to speak in earnest. "Thank you all! Thank you to those who are here on Coruscant to see me! Thank you to those who have gathered on their own planets capitals! And thank you to all those who are watching from your homes, ships or wherever you may be!" Palpatine stepped back fro a moment, letting the crowd cheer and smiling at them as he did.

"I have a sneaking suspicion that you all know why I have called you here but if you'd humour me I'd like to give my preamble, pomp and ceremony anyway."

Palpatine cleared his throat and began to speak. "Chancellor Valorum has done a fine job leading our Republic, he's carried us into this millennium as well as anyone could have hoped, the war being an unforseen and sadly unavoidable circumstance."

He continued. "Recently, my good colleague Senator Farr has announced his candidacy to succeed Chancellor Valorum, and today I shall announce mine!"

Palpatine stepped back for a moment to bask in the cheers of the crowds before him. "Our Republic is in dire straits, after one millennium we are at a point were we could fall, or one were we could set ourselves up for another prosperous thousand years!"

"My dear friends, I feel that I am the candidate to do that. From the beginning of this strife I have placed myself on the side of the everyday citizen, not the out of touch Senator. I proposed the Clone Army to save the suffering of our people, it has been I who has campaigned for the well-being of non-humans and it has been I who has made sure that those who have lost their homes to this terrible war have had somewhere safe to evacuate to!"

"I seek to continue this as Chancellor. I will steward us through this conflict and I will always work for the citizens of our Republic to ensure another millennium of peace, happiness and prosperity!!"

Palpatine will grin at the crowd. "I will do all that I can to gather endorsements in the Senate but I need your aid. Campaign for me! Contact your Senator! Let them know that you want me to be your Chancellor!

"Your voice will be instrumental!"

---------

Sheev Palpatine place his hands on the shoulders of Shmi Skywalker. "I wish you the best as always." He smiled to her before turning and kneeling to meet the eye of the young Anakin. He smiled at the boy before speaking. "And it's always wonderful to see you Anakin! Remember, should you ever need anything, don't ever, ever, hesitate to contact me!"

"I'll always be there for you."

As the Senator turned to leave he was met with the sight of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn at the door. "Anakin." The Master warmly greeted. "We're to continue our training today, come along."

Palpatine smiled at the Jedi as he passed him. "Pleasure to see you Master Jinn. I hope you have a fruitful training session with young Anakin."

---------

As Palpatine left the apartment that the Skywalkers had been set up in a dark look appeared across his face. Sideous knew what he had to do. Jinn. Qui-Gin Jinn stood in the way of his path to the chosen one. 

Jinn was another whom Sideous respected. Not nearly as idiotic as his fellow Jedi he followed to old code, one that taught Jedi how to cope with the hardships of life, the one that didn't forcibly shelter them and cause them to break at the slightest emotional pressure. 

He couldn't allow Jinn to go on, his influence was the right path for Anakin. The path that would hold him true, bring true balance to the force, This is not what the Sith desired.

A trap must be laid out. Qui-Gon must meet his end.

Raxus Secundus. 

Darth Wilde will be deployed there. Jinn was head of the investigation into him, the rest would play out easily. 

Jinn will follow Wilde to Raxus. There they will clash. A handful of Death Watch agents will be deployed to distract Jinn and any other Jedi he may be with while they fight Wilde. Maul will wait in the shadows, should the plan falter he will intervene to tip the scale. But only if dire, the Jedi must believe the rule of two is still in place.

Qui-Gon Jinn must die.

---------

Sideous will discretely visit the planet of Kamino. With the acquisition of Jango Fett's DNA Sideous will arrange for a strand cast clone to be made. Using the DNA of himself and Fett - Sideous seeks to create the perfect apprentice, one with the force connection of himself and the combat ability of Fett.

Sideous will channel funds from underground sources to the Kaminoans for various clones to be made differently, in order to increase the likelihood of creating an effective clone. Discretion is also a reason for the high funding. 

Before leaving Sideous will give the Kaminoans a small vial. The blood of a Nightsister. He understands how this could complicate the cloning process and therefore it is not necessary in every clone, but should one of the strand casts be able to have the abilities if Fett, the Sith and the Nightsisters then Sideous would be more than grateful.

---------

Palpatine will weave his way throughout the Senate in a bid to gain endorsements in his bid to become Supreme Chancellor. The main Senators that he will target are Lott Dodd, Mas Amedda, Orn Free Taa and Halle Burtoni.

Additionally, Palpatine will hold various rallies for his campaign as well as continue his usual works of aiding Galactic Refugees and meeting with non-humans to see how he can aid them.

And, with the commissioning of the Clone Army Palpatine will continue to advocate for them in the Senate. He will attempt to wrangle more funding for them in order to make sure that the Army remains populous, well armed, well fed and has the support of the Republic's citizens.

Better, stronger, faster: Valorum glanced up from his holopad, as an aid briefed him on updates of the assembling of the Republics military, at the mention of the name Garm Bel Iblis. “Perhaps I misjudged him. Of course he may lead his forces personally into battle, and may the bravery of those like him sustain the Republic.”

Valorum returned to his holopad. The assembling of the planetary defense force with the Judicial Force was going well. The clone portion was also gaining momentum. Valorum counted himself lucky that he and his allies were not the only ones pushing military readiness. That men like Senator Palpatine were also ensuring the Republic was ready for war. But the droid proponent was not making much progress. He looked at his aid again, “call Senator Far and ensure he makes headway on purchasing as many L8-L9 from TaggeCo, and SD-6 Hulks from Balmorran Arms, as possible. We will need every war asset to defend against the CIS. I see no reason just because they use droids we cannot.”

As the first aid scurried off, a second burst into the office. “Supreme Chancellor, Qymaen jai Sheelal has been wounded in a Separatist attack.” Valorum sighed and collected himself. “Have him stabilized and brought to Coruscant. His body is damaged beyond even what the greatest surgeons in the galaxy can repair, but we can save his life through cybernetics and machine parts. Hopefully he will appreciate the upgrades."

“When he is able, I would like to personally present him and his people the opportunity to strike back against the CIS.” A wry thought crossed Valorum’s mind. A droid general for the Republic’s droid army.

Party Formation: Valorum would take yet another unprecedented step in his reformist cause, the creation of a formal political party in the Republic Senate. While the Senate was not immune to factions, with the Core and Rim factions being the most prominent and the more recent Militarist vs Anti-Militarist, Valorum wanted to make the next logical jump and provide a formal network to support his reformist goals of saving the Republic.

His ‘Reform Party’ would be dedicated to reforming the Republic (naturally) and stand for a federal union, anti-corruption/crime syndicates, anti-corporatism (i.e. corporations having representation in the Senate or the ability to bully whole planets), militarism (in the sense the republic should have a military and especially use it to defend its member worlds from pirates and hostile powers), and generally improving the lot of the common man/alien.

The Party’s first goals will be the election of a reformist senator to the Supreme Chancellor position (Farr), and the passage of anti-corruption legislation.

Core Faction Schmoozing: Valorum will make the rounds in the human dominated Core Faction attempting to gain support for Farr’s chancellor run and his Reform Party. He will emphasis how Farr and the Reform Party’s federalizing goal overlap with some goals of the Core Faction.

Rim Faction Schmoozing: Farr will make the rounds in, what is left of the post-secession, alien dominated Rim Faction attempting to gain support for his chancellor run and the Reform Party. Farr will acknowledge the problems with the current Republic, and how he and the Reform Party will address these issues; especially concerning equality with alien races and end the neglect of the outer rim worlds.

Bothan Spynet: Valorum instructs the Bothan Spynet to dig into what happened on Raxus and who ordered the bombing. If it was a Separatist plot, he instructs the Spynet to make the information publicly available along with a message that warns the rim worlds of what the Separatist are capable of. His aim is to win some of the rim systems back to the Republic or at least stanch the bleeding of further systems.

Edited by Richard

1. Qui Gon will attempt to meet with his old master Dooku and wants to talk about the decisions he’s made as a member of the Separatist movement.

2. Yoda will mediate to try to get past the dark clouds of Anakin’s future.

3-4. Obi Wan will continue to serve as a Jedi knight hoping to one day have a padawan of his own.

5. Mace Windu will travel to Bespin where he will meet leaders of Cloud city, hoping to help the Republic.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, Sean F Kennedy said:

3-4. Obi Wan will continue to serve as a Jedi knight hoping to one day have a padawan of his own.

Since @Hestia is busy studying for his midterms, I decided to start working on the more 'isolated' parts of the write-up, and post them as I complete them in order to keep people interested in this rp while we wait. With that said, I present (Provided that @Sean F Kennedy is fine with me doing this, as I rolled for one of the above events to write this.):

Kenobi: Jedi-Errant – Episode I: Spice Wars

Kenobi-Jedi Knight1: 15

“A new assignment, we have given you,” Yoda had said, hologram flickering as he stood in the communications terminal of the Jedi Temple, “Go to the Bakura system, you must, and join the Republic’s Frontier Judicial Force.” the wise master ordered. Obi-Wan nodded silently, a stoic expression on his face as the holomessage ended. He looked out at the skyline of Sundari, feeling sad that he had to leave Mandalore for such a far off assignment. Kenobi nonetheless committed to fulfilling his duty to the Republic, and the Order with grace, and dignity.

*/*/*/*/*

A few days after receiving his new assignment, Kenobi’s cruiser docked with the Golan I spacestation, designated as Frontier Station, orbiting the planet Bakura. Kenobi looked to see the spaceships docked next to his cruiser, dismayed to see that it was staffed with so few ships. The frontier force had a little under three dozen ships, most of them cruisers, or frigates, with only a single Capital Ship, an outdated Invincible Class ship, to its name. As Kenobi entered the space station proper, he saw an aged human male dressed in the uniform of the Republic’s Judicial Navy officer corps, “I presume that you’re the commanding officer for this sector?” Kenobi asked, “I am, provided you’re not here to replace me.” the commander replied. “I assure you, Jedi are peacekeepers, not generals.” Kenobi responded with a smile. “If there’s anywhere more in need of a peacekeeper its Wild Space.” the commander said, “We’re stretched thin as it is, we only have thirty starships to protect over a hundred planets, and most of those will be headed back to civilization once this war starts up.” he explained, “I’m happy to be of service, Commodore…” Kenobi began, “McQuarrie, Commodore Genndy McQuarrie.” the commander said, shaking the Jedi’s hand.

“I know you just got here, but I have a mission for you,” Commodore McQuarrie said, “We’ve been getting reports of organized violence on the planet Hydoore.” he continued. “Hydoore? I’m afraid I’ve never heard of such a planet.” Kenobi admitted, “Get used to that,” McQuarrie told him, “Based on the reports, I believe the planet might be on the brink of civil war between two small time merchant guilds.” the commodore continued, “I want you to go there, find out the cause of the hostilities, and ensure the situation does not deteriorate.” he ordered. “Right away sir, I’ll take a Consular-cruiser to Hydoore at once.” Kenobi said, before off to find a transport.

*/*/*/*/*

The Consular-class cruiser Intrepid descended from Hydoore’s orbit. “We’re picking up some sort of interference from the ground.” one of the co-pilots told Kenobi, “Can you pinpoint the cause of the interference?” Kenobi asked, “No, but I have a feeling its not a natural occurrence.” the pilot said. “What the hell is that?” the other co-pilot said pointing to a flash of light coming from a forested green hill far from the Intrepid. A moment later the Intrepid’s engines were taken out by a blast of turbolaser fire. “We’re going down, brace for impact!” one of the pilots yelled as the Intrepid fell into the grassy foothills below its position.

Kenobi rose to his feet after the Intrepid dug its nose into the soil of Hydoore. “Is everyone alright?” he asked, “I’m good, a little bit banged up, but good,” the first co-pilot said, “Caught a bit of glass in my arm, but I should be fine.” the other co-pilot said, “Can you pass me that med-kit, Jedi?” he asked. Kenobi handed the wounded pilot the cockpit med-kit, before exiting the Intrepid to investigate who the ships attackers were.

As soon as the Jedi knight exited the Intrepid, a group of armed fighters exited the foliage surrounding the crash site, “Hands up, we have you surrounded!” the leader of the soldiers said, their voice synthesized due to the helmet they were wearing. Kenobi reluctantly complied, “What’s your business on Hydoore?” the leader asked, “I came here to assist the Republic peacekeepers in this sector.” Kenobi answered, “Stand down,” the leader ordered his men, walking to Kenobi. “I presume you’re men are allied with the people who shot down our cruiser?” Kenobi asked, “I apologize for shooting down your cruiser, but you must understand, we had to be cautious, Walleru Spudos has been shipping off-world mercenaries onto Hydoore for months now, we thought you were more of them.” the leader answered.

“Pardon my glibness, but I must ask, why would this Spudos individual be sending so many soldiers onto a back water planet such as this?” Kenobi asked, “Because we have something that he wants, a map that would revolutionize the Spice trade in the galaxy.” the captain answered, “How so?” Kenobi asked. “Now that Queen Amidala’s efforts to nationalize the Naboo Spice mines have succeeded, every smuggler, and Spice dealer in the galaxy is looking to recoup their losses by finding new Spice sources,” the captain started, “I thought all known Spice mines in the galaxy were already claimed?” Kenobi interjected, “In the known, galaxy!” the captain corrected, “We have a map that will lead us to a planet rich in Spice, it’ll revolutionize the Spice trade.” the captain ended.

“Yes, I can see why that would be very valuable to some,” Kenobi said, “But do tell me, how did you’re group come into possession of such a map?” he asked, “We’re the first settlers on Hydoore in millennia, but not the first to have ever settled the planet.” the leader answered. “When we first settled on this planet, we accidentally stumbled upon an ancient city belonging to a race of near-humans who first colonized this planet.” the commander continued, “Their ruins contain a treasure trove of information regarding the distant past, and the unknown regions, or at least promises to.” they said. “Promises to?” Kenobi questioned, “Our colony does not possess the technology to fully investigate the remnants of the ancient civilization,” the commander answered. “You seem awfully interested in ancient history for a soldier.” Kenobi observed, to which the commander laughed, and said, “Before Spudos’s men came to this planet, I was an archaeologist.” they answered, taking off their helmet to reveal that they were a near-human female, “Dr. Effe Barbaro, Axum Academy for the Study of Pre-Republican History.” she said, extending her hand to shake Kenobi’s, “Jedi Knight, I hope that you will aid us in driving out those who would see this world turned into a hive for criminals, and corporations.” she said as the two shook hands.

“I will help you in protecting your colony, on the condition that you share your discoveries with the Jedi order, and the Republic, and that you aid in the repair of the Intrepid, which you shot down.” Kenobi said. Barbaro nodded, “A fair deal, my men shall escort you, and your pilots to our colony.” she said.

*/*/*/*/*

The Hydoorian colony was a small town at the mouth of a grassy valley called Hydronica by its 250 inhabitants. To the north of the colony, nestled in between the two major mountain ranges of the planet, laid an ancient city belonging to a long dead civilization. The archaeologist turned militia captain Effe Barbaro led Kenobi deep into the ruins, to a room containing a massive map of the galaxy as the civilization understood it, painted onto the side of a wall as a mural.

“This is the map that has caused so many problems?” Kenobi asked as he inspected the mural, “Yes, this could be the key to future exploration of the unknown regions.” Barbaro said. “Spudos, and others like him are only interested in this planet, which we believe the civilization called Rakis,” Barbaro began, “From what few records we could translate, the planet was rich in Spice, and was even the empire’s capital.” she continued. “Do you notice anything else about this map?” Barbaro asked, “It doesn’t show any hyperspace routes.” Kenobi observed, as he continued to study the map, “Exactly, and based off what our teams have discovered about the civilizations spaceships based off of their engines, and travel logs, we believe that these people did not use hyperspace travel.” Barbaro explained.

“It is rather incredible, that they were able to build such an empire without hyperspace travel,” Kenobi said, “But I must say, I believe this map is no longer accurate to the present galaxy.” he continued. “What?” Barbaro asked, “If you look over, here,” Kenobi began, pointing to the southeast corner of the map, Tatooine is far too close to the Hydoori, and the rest of wild space to be accurate to today.” Kenobi said. The Jedi Knight backed up, and motioned more broadly at the map, “And this pattern repeats throughout the rest of the map, planets that we know are in the outer-rim are in wild space, and planets that, as far as we know don’t exist, pepper the galaxy.” Kenobi said. “I, hadn’t thought of that.” Barbaro said, “Though I suppose that would convince Spudos abandon the planet.” she continued. A boom erupted, and the ruins rattled as an artillery shell hit it, “Now all we have to do is convince them to do that!” Kenobi yelled, as he, and Barbaro ran out of the ruins.

The Hydronican militia took cover in a series of trenches on the outskirts of the colony. An automated tank under the employ of Walleru Spudos launched three explosive canisters at a line of trenches, which were only stopped from opening a hole in the battle line due to Obi-Wan Kenobi using the force to turn the explosives back on the tank, resulting in its destruction. Kenobi used his lightsaber to deflect the mercenaries blaster bolts, as he worked his way to the hovering litter carrying Walleru Spudos himself. Kenobi used the force to clear away Spudos personal guards, before cutting open the roof of the litter, and hoping inside of it.

Kenobi landed on a padded bench across from the corpulent human male Walleru Spudos. Spudos’ hairy body was clothed in loosely fitting silk nightrobes, and he held a blaster pistol in his shaky hand. Kenobi easily disarmed the man in front of him by using the force to grab Spudos’ blaster. “The map that you seek is outdated, it will not lead you to the Spice that you seek.” Kenobi told the crime lord across from him, “You will abandon your attempts to conquer the planet.” Kenobi ordered. “And what if I don’t believe you, Jedi!?” Spudos asked, “You can continue your attempts to subjugate Hydoore,” Kenobi began, “But it will cost you an arm, and a leg.” he continued, igniting his lightsaber. “Alright, fine, this backwater planet can choke for all I care,” Spudos said, “But this won’t be the last time we meet, Jedi.” the crime lord spat with scorn, “Oh I count on it, Walleru, want-to-be crime lords like you are my specialty.” Obi-Wan remarked with a smug smile.

*/*/*/*/*

“The situation on Hydoore has been resolved.” Kenobi said as he, and Commodore McQuarrie met in the section commander’s office on Frontier Station. “The local population of the planet has been saved from the attempted acquisition by Walleru Spudos, and have agreed to allow Republic researchers into the ruins.” Kenobi continued. “You performed admirably on your first assignment.” Commodore McQuarrie complimented, from his desk, “Not many could have taken down a crime boss with so few few casualties, even one as small time as Spudos.” he continued, “Not many are Jedi Knights.” Kenobi said with a smile, “Right.” McQuarrie said with a huff. “Shame about that map though, it would have been a massive boon to our efforts in exploring the Unknown Regions.” McQuarrie said as he stood up, “Regardless, it is remarkable for such a civilization to spread as far as it did, especially without the use of hyperspace travel.” Kenobi added, gazing out to the sea of stars stretching out to infinity, “It makes you remember how little we really know about our galaxy, and its past,” McQuarrie agreed, joining Kenobi at the window, “Especially out here.” he continued.

• Like 4

1. Core World Reconstruction - The Separatists are incredibly weak when it comes to political support from the Core. They rely incredibly upon extensive, and already established, networks in the Rim. Any sort of rebellion or actual war between the CIS and the Republic would require support from at least one Core world that could help bankroll the Separatists along with the clans and trade partners. Corellia had been the first planned one, but after the failure, the Separatists have to turn to other partners. They attempt to get in with some higher ups in Kuat, where they hope some light corruption could convince them to change sides, or at the least, gum things up in the Senate on their behalf.

2. Republic Parties - Sensing the perfect time for creating some disunity, the Separatists will hope to convince some senators to form a faction that is at least amenable to Separatist recognition, or negotiating with the Separatists for peace. 

3. Separatist Manifesto - The publishing of some founding documents of the Separatists are in order to help boost morale in the new separatist regions of the galaxy - focusing on the ideals of freedom, local control, and strength from galactic raiding.

4. Gather the Army! - In order to show Separatist strength and resolve, some of the current Separatist army is ordered to Raxus for a military parade, featuring a lot of heavy instances of propaganda and the defense the Separatists are prepared to take in order to protect their people.

5. Propaganda Campaign - The Separatists continue to distribute propaganda in the middle parts of the galaxy, attempting to sow some distrust between the pro-Separatist Rim and Republic-operated Core and middle worlds. 

image.jpeg.4d8f1cbfa87cd3c88d1110f77bcc62c7.jpeg

I hope you enjoy this segment of the Turn 3 write up! I still have to complete two more sections before you can start posting for turn 4, but I can assure you it will be worth the wait.

Politics of Kuat

Kuat: 4

Seperatist Manifesto: 9

Propaganda: 8

A young male dressed in plain clothing stood on top of an overturned industrial box, shouting at passerbies of the virtues of the Separatist movement. “Read our manifesto, see the truth behind the Republic’s lies!” he yelled, to the disinterest of the busy crowd. The man then reached into a bag he sat next to him on the box, and pulled out a few separatist pamphlets lambasting the economy, “The Separatist plan for Kuat’s Shipyards, read all about it!” he yelled to no reaction. “Is the Republic strangling Kuat Shipyards in an attempt to aid the Calamarians?” he asked, “Fuck off!” a passing Mon Calamaran yelled at him. “Now you listen here you little-” the human began, before being lifted off his feet by the Kuat Police Force, and drug away.

Headlines of Coruscant

Coalition for Peace: 2

Party Formation: 2

Rim Faction: 10

Core Faction: 17

Bothan Spies: 17

Palpatine for Chancellor: 17

Senate Wrangling: 13

Republic Daily: Pro-Peace Politicians Caught Meeting with Separatist Agents!

The Independent Thinker: Valorum forms Reform Party; Yet Another Plot to Trample Planet Rights?

Tabby: Separatist Plot Exposed! Republican Spies Blow Lid On Massive CIS False-Flag Operation!

The Reformer: Reform Party endorsed by Senators Bail Antilles, and Mon Mothma, gets tepid reception in Outer Rim

Equal Right Press: Palpatine to Run for Chancellor! Gains support from Ainlee Teem!

Ultimate Heroism/Ultimate Villainy

Meditations: 16

Most of the time, the Dark Side of the Force clouded the future, and prevented the Jedi from partaking in the gift of foresight. However, deep in meditation, and with Palpatine off planet, Yoda was able to break through the fog to search the future of Anakin Skywalker. He saw the saber training room of the Jedi temple…

An adolescent Padawan sparred with the graying Battlemaster, their sabers locked in tense conflict. “Your form is sloppy,” the battle master critiqued, pressing his weight into his saber, “You’ll never be a Jedi.” he continued, “You lie!” the Padawan yelled, his passion growing. “You wouldn’t even be able to protect Master Halcyon!” the instructor spat, “No!” the boy yelled, swinging his saber wildly. The Padawan’s lack of form allowed the Battlemaster to gain the upper-hand, bringing the saber to the Padawan’s throat. “You’re form lacks discipline, and you allowed your emotions to control you.” the Battlemaster critiqued, deactivating his lightsaber, “What you said,” the Padawan began, “Did you actually mean it?” he asked. The gray haired Master bent down to one knee, meeting the child’s eye level, “In a real fight with a Sith lord, they’d tell you a lot worse, and they wouldn’t stop at the neck.” he told the Padawan.

“He won’t have to worry about that,” a gray haired, bearded Jedi said, “You destroyed the Sith Order before he was even born.” he continued, walking up to the Battlemaster. “Welcome back Master Kenobi,” The Battlemaster said warmly, “Though I would remind you that my efforts that day would have been all for not, if not for your leadership on the battlefield.” he complimented. “Nonsense, Anakin, you’ve become a much better warrior than I ever could be, I know Qui-Gon would be proud in you, if he were here today.” Kenobi complimented, causing Skywalker to smile humbly at his oldest friend’s praise. The old battlemaster turned to the padawan, “Train against the droid for the rest of our time, Master Kenobi, and I have much to discuss.” he told him, before the two old Jedi exited the training room.

“How goes the training of your new Padawan?” Kenobi asked, “Luke is progressing well in his studies, though he often refuses to comply with my instructions.” Skywalker answered. “He’s headstrong,” Kenobi said, “They say that’s a trait a boy inherits from his father,” he continued, “Whoever that may be.” Anakin added, “Yes, whoever that may be.” Kenobi agreed. The two fell silent as they walked down the hall, before Anakin broke the silence, “I presume that Leia is also progressing well?” he asked, Kenobi nodded with a smile, “Yes, yes, you should have seen her on Tattoine,” he said, “She was instrumental in our efforts to overthrow Jabba.” he continued.

“It’s lucky, isn’t it, that the Chancellor should give birth to twin children, who are both extremely powerful in the force, and nobody is able to figure out who the father is.” Kenobi said, after the two Jedi walked further into the Jedi Temple, “Yes, lucky.” Anakin said grumbling, “Though I do find it odd that you would bring such a subject up, over two decades after the fact.” he continued, stopping, and turning to Kenobi. “I’m trying to prepare you.” Kenobi answered, “What?” Anakin asked “Just as you said, a real opponent would give you far worse,” Kenobi continued, “What kind of opponent?” Anakin asked.

Kenobi sighed, and placed a hand on Anakin’s shoulder, “For better or worse, the Republic, and the Jedi Order have become highly intertwined, and even the Grand Mastership has become a subject of partisan discourse.” Kenobi told his old friend, “I’m certain that Master Yoda can handle it.” Anakin answered, “Anakin, Master Yoda is dying, a new Grand Master will need to be chosen, and when that happens, I fear the floodgates will be fully opened.” Kenobi said, “Why are you telling me this?” Anakin asked, “Anakin, there have been whispers, of making you the new Grand Master.” Kenobi revealed. “What? That’s impossible, I always, I always thought that you’d take over after Master Yoda passed.” Anakin responded, “Oh no,” Kenob said with a small chuckle, “I’m not brave enough for politics.” he said. “Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker!” a Female Troguta Jedi Knight called to the masters, “You are needed in the Council Tower immediately!” she told them, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Anakin said nervously.

The fog returns to Yoda’s vision of the future, before evaporating once more. It was once again of Skywalker, but permeated in hate, fear, and anguish. A vision of a further future? No… A different future, a future that may be, one day. A future where…

Emperor Skywalker walked at a fast clip, authority, and passion in every step. “We have the Jedi trapped, and surrounded in the factory, sir.” the trooper told his Emperor, “Should I send in the 501st?” he asked. “No commander,” Skywalker said with regal authority, “I shall handle this scum myself.” he continued, walking through the large door to the factory floor.

The factory was dead, and derelict, abandoned machines, and half degraded industrial waste littered the floor. The Emperor scanned the floor of the factor, finding that it was abandoned a second before the Jedi attempted to attack him from behind. Skywalker easily parried away the Jedi’s lightsaber with his own crimson blade. “You are weak.” Skywalker spat as he marched to the Jedi, “How did a welp like you ever become a Jedi?” he asked, “You’re a monster, you made my master watch as you slaughtered the villagers!” the Jedi yelled. “Yes, now I sense it in you,” Skywalker said, “Your anger gives you focus, makes you stronger.” he continued.

The Jedi gave a guttural shout, and charged the Emperor, swinging his saber wildly, which Skywalker blocked with ease. The Emperor grew tired of his opponent, and quickly turned the tables on him, cutting off his arm, and lifting him into the air using the force. “I give you one last chance,” Skywalker began, “Join me, and live, or continue to stand against me, and die.” he offered. “I’ll never join you.” the Jedi said scornfully. Skywalker clasped his hand closed, and chocked the young Jedi to death.

At that, the fog returned, this time permanently. Yoda rose to his feet, and grumbled. “Varied, young Skywalker’s future is.” he obvserved as he left his chamber.

Capture on Cloud City

Droid General: 1

Cloud City: 1

The Bespin guards were tense, and silent, as they led Mace Windu to the dining room where he was set to meet with the governor of Cloud City. The Master’s suspicions were confirmed when he was met with several dozen blasters pointing at him from every direction. “I take it the governor has decided to side with the Separatists?” Windu asked, not raising his arms in surrender, “Not the governor,” a rough, mechanical voice said, tossing a round object covered in cloth to Windu’s feet. “And not the Separatists.” the voice continued, as the cloth fell away, revealing the severed head of the Governor of Bespin, “General Grievous?” Windu observed, seeing a hulking monstrosity of cybernetics standing over him.

“Your Republic’s attempts to degenerate me, and turn me into a clanking soldier for them, is almost as horrible as the cowardly attempts by the CIS to deny me an honorable death on the field of battle,” Grievous said, “It showed me that neither side in your puny war was worthy of my respect, or my services.” he continued. “I have taken over the planet of Bespin, and already more of my warriors are on their way to join me.” he said, “We will fight our own war, as warriors, unbound by the statecraft, and politics of the CIS, or Republic” he continued. “I offer you this chance only once, give me your lightsaber, and submit to being my prisoner, so that you can watch as I tear your galaxy apart, or die a true warriors death here, and now.” Grievous offered. Windu observed the men who surrounded him, sighed, and threw his lightsaber at the feet of the cybernetic general before throwing his arms up in surrender.

Operation Starkiller

Starkiller Project: 18

Thunder cracked on the ocean planet of Kamino, as hidden forces work to undermine the Republic. “The clone army effort you have hired us to do is progressing well.” the Kaminoan scientist told his mysterious employer. “Good, now what about the, other, project I have you working on?” Sidious asked, “The genetic materials you supplied are certainly of high quality, though you must under stand the difficult nature of what you wish for us to do.” the scientist responded. “I will not accept failure, if you are unable to complete my instructions, then I will find someone who will!” Sidious said, frustrated, “You will find no better cloner than the Kaminoans.” the scientist assured, “We have one specimen who is developing quite nicely, we have designated him Starkiller.” the scientist said. “And when will this Starkiller be available for my purposes?” Sidious asked, “It will still take many months for the subject to reach maturity, even with our clone’s accelerated aging.” the scientist answered.

• Like 1

Only one more section to go! I promise you, I saved probably the most exciting section for last, so tune in next time for lightsaber duels, major character death, and, most exciting of all; in universe philosophical debates! 😉

Kenobi: Jedi-Errant – Episode II: The Infestation on Blackwing Station

Knight-Errant2: 13

The Commodore’s face was stretched tightly over his face, his thin, withered lips pursed in concern, and his brow furrowed in deep thought as he paced the length of his office. “Commodore McQuarrie.” Obi-Wan called, as he sat in front of the commander’s desk, “I assume you didn’t call me down here so that I could watch you pace.” he said. McQuarrie hummed, before turning to the Jedi, and telling him, “No, I didn’t, I called you down here because I need your help.” the Commodore said. “More planets under siege by racketeers who think their the next Jabba?” Kenobi asked, “I wish it were that simple.” the Commodore sighed, turning to look out his office window.

“We’ve lost contact with a listening post we have on the fringes of Republic space, Blackwing Station.” McQuarrie said. “Pardon my implications Commodore,” Kenobi began, rising from his chair, “But you seem rather concerned for a station that, as far as we know, could have simply deserted.” Kenobi said. “The commander of that station, Captain Ahab Spirit, was my roommate during my academy days.” Commodore McQuarrie admitted.

Kenobi nodded, “I understand, what would you have me do?” he said, “Your mission is to find, and resolve the cause of the stations sudden silence,” McQuarrie began, “And if the situation is found to be beyond repair?” Kenobi asked, “Then you are to rescue Captain Spirit, and the rest of the Blackwing’s command staff, and report back to me.” McQuarrie told him. “Understood, I’ll depart at once.” Kenobi said, before leaving the room.

*/*/*/*/*

The Intrepid cooled its engines, slowing its speed as it approached the Blackwing. “Still no word from the station, Captain Minuzo?” Kenobi asked one of his pilots, “No sir, all attempts to communicate with the Blackwing’s Command Center have been unsuccessful.” Captain Mizuno answered. “Captain Harlock, shift your focus to attempting to contact the Blackwing’s hangars, any space-station this size has to have a fighter garrison.” Kenobi ordered, turning to the Intrepid’s other co-pilot. The other co-pilot shifted a knob on his console, before speaking into his communications headset, “Come in Blackwing Fighter Command, do you read me?” Captain Harlock asked. For a moment, the communications crackled softly, before a low gravely voice spoke “Read, clear, land, Bay AA-23.” it said slowly.

“I’ve got a bad feeling about this.” Kenobi said, rubbing the stubble on his chin with concern, “That Jedi magic give you the gift of foresight too?” Co-Captain Harlock asked the Jedi Knight. “Indeed, but that’s not why I’m nervous.” Kenobi answered, “Every living thing in the universe, force-sensitive or not, is still connected to the living force,” he began to explain, “But this station… I can sense nothing, when we first approached, I thought that everyone on the station had been killed, though this assumption has obviously been proven incorrect.” he finished, rubbing his beard in thought. The hangar was derelict, and dimly lit, scarcely inhabited by a few barely functioning droids. “You two stay here,” Kenbo ordered, “I’ll go to the command center, and check on our silent captain.” he continued. Kenobi grimaced as the door opened, smelling the stink of rot permeating the entire station.

*/*/*/*/*

After a few minutes of walking his way though dark, abandoned corridors, Kenobi was met with a pile of rubble blocking the most direct route to the command center. Kenobi looked around his surroundings, finding a half functioning navigation terminal on the corridor’s lefthand wall. Downloading the holomap onto his personal communicator, Kenobi decided to cut through the ship’s nearby maintenance tunnels, in order to get to the station’s science department, through which he would then be able to reach the Blackwing’s command center.

Kenobi forced open the crew entrance to the maintenance corridors, causing the rusty metal door to fall to the floor with a hard clang. Immediately following this, a figure shuffled into view from around a corner leading to the crew quarters, “Hello there!” the Jedi called friendly to the man. Kenobi looked at the man’s uniform, recognizing him as Blackwing crew he asked the man, “Are there more of you?” The crewman shuffled forward, “Always… more…” he mumbled, “Are you injured?” Kenobi asked observing the man before realizing that he was not breathing.

As the crewman closed to range, Kenobi struck him with his lightsaber, slashing his chest. From the wound bubbled a thick grey ooze, that strengthened the stink of sweet-rot. “What the?” Kenobi wondered, before noticing that similarly shuffling cremates had turned the corner that the first crewman had entered from. Kenobi backed into the maintenance corridor, preventing any of the figures from following him by using the force to block the entrance with a bundle of thick cables.

*/*/*/*/*

Kenobi pressed against the exit of the maintenance corridor, hearing quiet shuffling in the hallway on the other side. Cracking open the door, Kenobi saw that he had a path to the main laboratory free from the notice of any crewmen. Crouching down, Kenobi rushed quietly to the main laboratory.

Kenobi scanned the laboratory, seeing that it was seemingly abandoned. “Come in Intrepid, this is Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, do not engage any members of the Blakwing’s crew, something is terribly amiss on this station.” Kenobi said into his communicator, “More, than amiss.” a hoarse voice told him from a corner of the room. Moving to see the source of the voice, Kenobi found that it belonged to a disgusticified human male, his torso, and upper legs fully submerged in a thick gray jelly, pinning him to the floor.

“What happened to you?” Kenobi asked, “It came, from outer space,” the scientist replied, “Pirate freighter, it was abandoned, or so we thought,” he continued. The scientist took a few wheezing breaths before continuing, “Some sort of gray goo, parasite, takes over the host, by devouring it from the inside out,” he explained, “Calls itself, the Mnggal-Mnggal,” he continued, before momentarily collapsing, scanning the room with blear eyes, and huffing quick, shallow breaths. “How do we stop it?” Kenobi asked, “Can’t, stop it.” the defeated scientist answered, “There’s always a way.” Kenobi said, “And where better to find out how to kill a body than ther brain?” he continued, opening his holomap to determine the best route to the command center. The Jedi turned to the scientist to thank him, but found him unconscious, his breath labored, it was too late to do anything for him now.

*/*/*/*/*

Kenobi looked down at the command center from his position in the ceiling air vents. Finding abandoned of the Mnggal-Mnggal staff, Kenobi kicked off the cover of the air vent, and dropped to the floor. “I’ve been waiting for you, Jedi.” a pair of voices said from behind Kenobi. Turning around, Kenobi saw a disgusting amalgamation of flesh, and computer. The minds, and bodies of the Blackwing’s command staff had, through the help of the Mnggal-Mnggal’s ooze, bonded with the Blackwing’s master-computer.

“I assume you’re… Captain Spirit?” Kenobi asked, still astonished by what he had witnessed. “Partly.” the first voice, a calm, almost comforting voice, told him, “But now we are Unity.” the thing continued, its sentence being interrupted by a third voice, feminine, and soft unlike the others, “And soon, so will everyone else.” it said smugly. “Not on my watch!” Kenobi protested, “No!” a dark, gravely voice cried, “You’re puny Jedi magic is incompatible with Unity.” it said, “You shall die.” it continued.

“Now I understand, you’re weak against the power of the force.” Kenobi said moving his hand in a certain way, “Understand, I am, weak.” the amalgamation strained. “You will tell me how to defeat you.” Kenobi ordered, using his Jedi mind tricks, “Fire, I am, weak.” the creature admitted. Kenboi smiled, and nodded, realizing a way to destroy the infestation easily, “No, please!” the voices begged, “The galaxy, needs, Unity.” it continued. “Believe me, the last thing the galaxy needs is things life you.” Kenobi remarked. “You will allow me, and my people to go free, and then you will sabotage the Blackwing’s power supply, and engines.” Kenobi ordered, “You, are free, Unity, shall die.” the voice submitted.

*/*/*/*/*

Jedi Kenobi, and Commodore McQuarrie met in the Commodore’s office, Kenobi leaned against the Commodore’s desk, while the Commodore stared out his office window. “It’s a shame what happened to Captain Spirit…” McQuarrie trailed off as he looked out to the inky blackness populated by ghosts of stars long gone. “But nice work on destroying that infestation.” McQuarrie said, turning to Kenobi, “Its a bit funny, before we shipped out the last thing me, and Spirit did with each other was to go see a zombie holofilm double feature at the academy’s cinema.” he told the Jedi “I’m afraid I’ve never seen a holofilm.” the Jedi responded, “Really? What do you Jedi do for fun?” the Commodore asked, “I’m afraid I’m unclear on what you mean.” the young Jedi said confused. The Commodore sighed, "No wonder people don't trust the Jedi." he mumbled.

• Like 1

Alright, after a long wait, Turn Three is finally fully in the books! I hope you enjoy this section of the write-up, I certainly enjoyed writing it! @Richard @Fbarbarossa @Sean F Kennedy @Hestia you may now submit your events for turn 4!

Rumble on Raxus

Confrontation of Raxus: 19

Influence Shmi: 9

Fight on Raxus: 3

Parade on Raxus: 15

Count Dooku of Serreno stood on the balcony of the CIS Presidential Mansion, admiring the massive parade of battle droids marching past him. “Count Dooku!” a Neimodian advisor called to him from the door leading that led from the balcony to the mansion, “We have captured a Republic spy!” the Neimodian yelled. “A spy?” Dooku asked, turning around to face his green-faced advisor, “He demands to meet you,” the Neimodian answered, to which Dooku laughed heartily, “Send him in then, I’ll take him in the sitting room.” he said.

As the Neimodian exited to procure the prisoner, Dooku entered the sitting room that led to the balcony. The former Jedi master poured him, and his ‘guest’ a glass of finely aged Corellian wine. The interior door opened, and Dooku’s eyes went wide as he saw who his Neimodian advisor brought in. “Master.” Qui-Gon said, his hands bound in vibro-chain.

“What is the meaning of this!?” Dooku demanded after seeing the state of his former apprentice, “This is the spy we captured after shooting down his transport, he claimed to be a Jedi, but-” the advisor began, “He is a Jedi, you nincompoop!” Dooku exploded onto his incompetent advisor. “My friend you must believe this is not my will, this is a mistake,” Dooku said, “This is a terrible mistake, they’ve gone too far!” he continued. Dooku turned to the Neimodian, and told him, “You will undo his chains immediately, and leave us be!”

“I was under the impression that you were the leader here.” Qui-Gon said, “Your capture had nothing to do with me,” Dooku said, “Though, may I ask why a Jedi Master is all the way out here, on Raxus?” he asked. “I have tracked a Sith Lord to this planet.” Qui-Gon answered, “A Sith Lord?” Dooku asked, “That’s impossible, the Sith were exterminated, over a thousand years ago.” he protested, “So I thought, but he is here.” Qui-Gon answered, his tone semi-accusatory. 

“I recognize that tone of voice, and I resent the implication” Dooku protested, “You could forgive me for the assumption, given what’s been revealed about you, and your allies,” Qui-Gon replied, “The staged bombings, working with criminals, allying with mega-corporations.” he continued. Dooku huffed, “You must understand, my friend, these alliances, these actions, they’re all in the name of a better galaxy,” he told his former padawan.

“And allying with the Hutts will help achieve those goals?” Qui-Gon questioned. “Do you think the Republic does not ally with criminals when it suits their needs!?” Dooku snapped at his former student, before taking a breath, and calming himself, “Qui-Gon, you know too well of the corruption in the Senate, and how the Jedi Order has become little more than a glorified police force for the Republic.” he implored. “Yes, but I do not view a galactic civil war as the best solution to these problems.” Qui-Gon said.

“Then what do you propose, Master Jin?” Dooku asked, a frustrated tone stinging his voice. “Sit in the Jedi temple, meditating, hoping that the galaxy will right itself?” he asked with venom as he began to pace the floor of his parlor, “That’s something that Master Yoda never understood, the Jedi shouldn’t be monks, or servants, sitting idly by as the Galaxy fall into ruin.” he rambled. “So your solution to Galactic rot to start another war?” Jin asked, “Look at the past one thousand generations of Galactic history, and see how peaceful it is when force-insensitives are in control.” Dooku countered. “Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.” Qui-Gon reminded his former master, quoting a line from the long-form of the Jedi Code to him. “Yes, such is the paradox of the force, it has a will, yet it wishes to be controlled.” Dooku said, “Now who’s sounding like a Sith Lord?” Qui-Gon remarked. Dooku huffed, “If you wish to remain caged by the dogma of the Jedi Order, I will not stop you, but I ask that you depart from here at once, after you have eliminated your Sith Lord.” he told his old friend, and apprentice, “I suppose I must leave you, but I remember a time when you would have eagerly fought against the Sith by my side,” Qui-Gon retorted, “Enjoy your revolution, Count.” he ended, marching out of the sitting room. Dooku looked after Qui-Gon as he left, and rubbed his beard in uncertainty.

*/*/*/*/*

Qui-Gon laid on his stomach as he observed the Sith Lord he had tracked. The Sith Lord was meditating on the side of a riverbed, near a ford in the water. On either side of the Sith were thick forests filled with trees lush with shimmering green leaves. Seeing that the Sith was alone, Qui-Gon decided to approach his prey, silently.

As soon as he got within lunging distance of the Sith, Qui-Gon took his lightsbaer off of his belt. Before he could ignite it, the Sith stood up, and said, “I’ve been expecting you, Jedi.” Dropping his robes to the floor, and turning to face the Jedi Master, the Sith ignited his crimson saber, and dared Qui-Gon to attack, adopting a deceptively open stance that would allow him to counter the Jedi’s attacks easily. Jin was no novice at lightsaber fighting, and realized his opponent’s intentions.

Jin ignited his lightsaber, and brought it up to a defensive position as he thought through his next move. Scanning the treeline, Jin noticed a ‘bush’ shift up and down as it breathed. His eyes going wide, Qui-Gon used the force to push his Sith opponent into the river, before turning, and unleashing his lightsaber into the woods to the left of him. Eliciting a barrage of laser fire from both patches of the patches of woodlands, Qui-Gon dogged to his right, safely avoiding the fire from his hidden enemy.

Darth Wilde rose to his feet, and growled, as he saw Qui-Gon block incoming blaster fire with ease. The Sith charged at the Jedi, bringing his saber high over his head, and leaping into the air. Seeing the oncoming attack, Qui-Gon brought his saber up to block the savage attack, bringing his attention away from the laser bolts. Crimson, and Emerald sparks flew as the two warriors pushed their sabers against each other.

Eventually, Darth Wilde’s natural strength was able to overpower that of the aging Jedi’s. Breaking the Jedi’s guard, the Sith slashed an X into his opponent's chest, not noticing that the blaster fire had ceased. Stumbling backwards, and severely injured, Qui-Gon attempted to block the Sith’s attacks, though this only resulted in the Sith hacking through his saber, leaving him defenseless. Darth Wilde kicked Qui-Gon to the ground, and raised his saber above his head, ready to stab the Jedi dead.

“Prepare to d- hurrk.” Savage said, as a blue lightsaber pierced his chest. For a moment Savage went stiff, looking down at his wound in shock as a final breath escaped his lips. The sith fell to the ground, and he was gone. Qui-Gon looked at his rescuer, “Master Dooku?” he asked, “I, followed you after you left the palace.” Dooku admitted. As Dooku helped his former apprentice to his feet, a guttural scream emanated from a tall, leafy tree in the heart of the right-hand forest.

A red dathomirian male in black robes leaped from the treetop, and ignited both blades of his double-bladed lightsaber. “Another Sith?” Qui-Gon asked, bewildered, “The rule of two must no longer be in effect.” he said in realization. Dooku handed his former apprentice a lightsaber with a curved hilt, “Just like old times?” Jin asked, igniting the blue blade, and adopting an offensive stance. “Certainly.” Dooku said igniting his blade, and adopting the stance of his favored dance like Makashi form.

The two sides charged at each other, aging Jedi, against nubile Sith. Darth Maul fought with passion, and anger, swinging his double blade with skill, forcing the Jedi onto the backfoot. Qui-Gon dodged away from a backwards stab by the Sith, and used his loaned lightsaber to cut off the primary arm of the opponent. The Sith fell on one knee in pain, allowing Dooku to slice his other arm off. Maul gasped as the Jedi pointed their lightsaber at him, before drawing a deep breath, and emitting a massive shout imbued with the power of the Dark Side of the Force, sending his opponents flying backwards. 

The Sith evacuated from the planet Raxus on the untraceable spaceship that his master had allocated as the escape vehicle for the operation. The two heroes rose to their feet, and dusted themselves off. “Farewell, Master Dooku, I must inform the council at once of this revelation.” Jin said, shaking his former master’s hand, “Farewell, old friend, It was nice to be able to speak with you.” the old man said. “I hope that we need not meet on a field of battle as enemies.” Jin said, to which Dooku sighed, looked away, and told him, “I fear, it may already be too late.”

• Like 2

Then

“I-I’m sorry.” he said, “Brother no, please!” Feral cried before Savage broke his neck. “Good, good, so much suffering.” the figure said, “Begin the final trial.” he ordered.

Now

Maul sat as two droids but the finishing touches on his new arms. No expense had been spared in ensuring that the Sith had gotten the finest prosthetics, Sidious had even had a few extra features added to them.

Sidious spoke. "The loss of Darth Wilde is a great blow to our fledgling order. He was capable of great things and to see such potential cut short is a tragedy. Truly."

"The Jedi and Dooku..." Maul growled. "Savage had it! Then Dooku came!"

"Indeed." Sidious answered. 

Then

The figure's hand twitched as Feral's neck was broken. A handful of the observing Nightbrothers felt themselves grow lightheaded, one stumbled back slightly. 

Now

"Worry not Maul. Wilde will be avenged. The Sith order will mark these people among our enemies and not only shall we seek revenge, but we shall gain a new ally for such an endeavour. Come." Sidious gestured for Maul to follow him.

The apprentice obliged and followed his Master deep into the Sith hideaway. Sidious led him into a secret passage that took the pair to a lab. There, in a tube filled with bacta was none other than Feral.

"What-" Maul gasped. Sidious quickly interrupted him.

"I saved him." Sidious answered. "As he died I drew a small amount of life from a group of observing Nightbrothers. A negligible amount to them but it meant so much to Feral. It was enough to hold him from the brink while I recovered him. He's been here since, my action saved his life but he was still injured badly. He should be healed by this point, it's a shame Wilde is no longer with us, I would have loved to have seen them reunited."

The bacta drained from the tube and it opened, Feral dropping to the floor. Sidious knelt in front of him. "Welcome back Feral. We have much to discuss."

-----------------------

Palpatine will continue to campaign to become Chancellor. On top of speaking to other Senators he will implore those who support him to contact their Senators to urge them to support him. 

With the break of the events on Cloud City Palpatine will speak in the Senate. His eyes teary.

My heart truly goes out to all those who have been hurt, deprived or worse as a result of this tragedy. And know, my efforts to aid those affected by intergalactic conflict shall reach you as best as anyone else. My charities are already sending aid and my office is working on a bill to be proposed soon that will hopefully go towards alleviating you and ending this conflict.

And, I'm afraid I must take a moment to speak about my proposition of a Clone Army. This tragedy was born of an attempt to bring the citizens of our Republic into this war, an attempt to bring our people into this conflict. 

This must not happen!

The creation of a Clone Army is necessary. Droids are easily broken and require to much involvement of our citizens, to program them, command them and manage them. A droid army still uses our citizens, they have to be stationed everywhere alongside them.

A Clone Army would be self managing, self commanding and self sufficient! They would be able to combat our foes with each one being the best of the best. Our citizens would be able to remain safe while this expert force took on our enemies.

Do you not see the tragedies that our inflicted by war? 

Do you not see that a Clone Army is the only way to reduce such tragedies?

-----------------------

Palpatine smiled at Shmi Skywalker as he took Anakin's hand. 

"Thank you, Senator Palpatine." Shmi began before being cut off.

"Call me Sheev, and it's no issue at all. I enjoy the young man's company." He warmly smiled to her.

"Still," She continued. "Thank you for taking the time for us, all of the time you've taken." Shmi knelt down as she ruffled Anakin's hair and wiped some dirt from his cheek. "Now you behave, Senator Palpatine is very busy and has decided to spend his free time showing you around Coruscant. I want you to be on your best behavior."

Palpatine laughed. "Don't worry, really. I'm sure I'll be the instigator of any mischief we find ourselves in!"

-----------------------

Things have grown dire among the Sith Order. The loss of Darth Wild and more importantly the grave injuries afflicted upon Darth Maul told Sidious one thing. His new Order must hold back. They must build and strengthen.

Sidious assembled his Order and began their training. Combat and the force. Each one was to be taught in every area, even aspects they had mastered they were to be drilled in. They must surpass perfection so that no Jedi could stand in their way.

While this progressed however. Sidious went to check on the development of their order.

Kamino.

"When shall Project Starkiller be complete?" He asked the technicians in his employ.

-----------------------

Sidious again sought to use the Jedi Order to grow his own ranks. He arranged a meeting with Jedi Master Taron Malicos. 

Malicos was know to be an inspiring leader and a talented Jedi.

But he also sought power, his mind was unbalanced and he had a disposition towards treachery, deceit, manipulation, brutality and violence.

He was the perfect candidate for the Sith Order.

Palpatine would meet with him. Slowly of course, Malicos was still a Jedi, exposure couldn't be risked. 

Palpatine would visit with him. Go to eat with him. Consult him on certain matters. The Senator would build a relationship with Malicos. And, once that was secure he would speak to him of greater knowledge, of greater power, freedom from the repressive Jedi Order and their rigid traditionalism. The ability to think freely and build your own knowledge without such a blinding code. A New Order, without the hubris and blind idiocy of the Jedi.

The Sith

Chancellor Election Poll 32bby:

Sen. Sheev Palpatine (Naboo-Independent) 38%

Sen. Onaconda Farr (Rodia-Reform Party) 35%

Vice Chancellor Mas Ammedda (Champala-Outer Rim) 15%

Sen. Horox Ryder (Raibollo-Old Guard) 10%

Sen. Quarren Tikkes (Mon Calamari-Coalition for Peace) 2%

Proposal: Valorum sat in office unable to focus. The past two months had been another mixed bag. Hopefully the CIS false flag reveal would keep any wavering sectors loyal to the Republic. The Reform Party had met with some, if not a monumental success. Even Farr, despite a less than stellar announcement, was still in the game for the Chancellor race. However, his meeting with master Yoda was what clouded his mind. Master Windu had been captured and held hostage by Grievous; that whole affair had been a mistake. Worse still, another run in with the Sith. There were clearly more than a handful of Sith, and images of the New Sith Wars raced through his mind.

He forced his mind to focus on that fact, the Sith had truly and unarguably returned. He called for his chief of staff. “Rad, I need the Vice-Chancellor, Supreme Admiral Tarkin, and the heads of all the important Senate committees...” He paused and thought to himself, the potential future Chancellors deserved to know as well. “…Get me Palpatine and Farr as well. We have something very important to discuss.”   

Valorum again stood on his pod in the center of the Senate building. He did not want to have to be the man to announce the return of this old evil. He did not want to do many things fate had pushed him towards this last year. And yet destiny waited for no one. The Senate deserved to know. The people deserved to know. The soldiers who would be laying their lives down soon deserved to know. He held a cylindrical object over his head and activated it. Dazzling crimson red emitted from it and the distinctive undulating sound of a light saber reverberated off the Senate chamber walls. He paused letting every Senator see the Sith blade, deactivated it and handed it to his jedi protector.

“My fellow Senators I bear terrible news. The Sith have returned! This light saber was taken from the body of a Sith that Jedi Master Qui-Gon so expertly slew. Irrefutable proof that for the first time since the New Sith Wars we face a Sith threat. We must redouble our efforts to prepare to defend the Republic in every way we can. Clones while a useful tool, cannot be the only tool in our defense. We must muster every resource available to stand against the Sith.”

“To combat the Sith I am therefore calling for the Senate to approve additional funds for the military; to form and bolster regional defense forces modeled after the Republic Outland Regions Security Force. As well as subsidize the expense of expanding planetary defense armies and fleets. For far to long we have let the Outer and Mid Rim bear the brunt of pirate attacks. Sector like Bakura should never have more planets than defense ships. This alone was immoral, but they and the rest of the Republic will need more ships to not only fight the piracy threat, but the CIS and now a Sith threat as well. These funds will have the Kuat, Anaxes, Mon Cala and other shipyards running round the clock to ensure our mutual safety…”

[Bold portion is the gist of the proposal]

Proposal 2X: While Valorum headed the effort to rally support to fight the Sith military, Senator Farr would head the effort to fight it morally. Farr would attempt to make good on one of the founding promises of the Reform Party: anti-corruption. Hopefully he would gain some popularity along the way, if not with the Senate than the common people.

He had prepared an impressive piece of legislation, that would accomplish several of the goals Valorum hoped the constitutional convention would have achieved. It stripped all corporations from representation in the Senate and forbade the practice in the future, forbade monopolies, severely limited corporate “gifts” to Senators, enacted whistleblower protection, increased government transparency (in non-classified areas), restructured and increased both the power and independence of the judiciary. The bill further banned certain practices by Senators including nepotism, insider trading, single stock purchases [or star wars equivalent], embezzlement, and kickbacks, amongst others. It would increase penalties for crimes, with especially harsh penalties for crimes involving spice and slavery, committed by Senators. Lastly it would create an enforcement agency (the Senate Internal Affairs Service) that would police the Senate for corruption. Now with the revelation of the Sith, Jedi knights would be incorporated into this agency as it cannot be ruled out that the Sith maybe driving some of this corruption.  

Farr would ask Palpatine, Ammedda, Ryder and Tikkes to endorse or co-sponsor the legislation. He was notably hopeful of Ryder’s buy in given his anti-corruption viewpoint and friendship with Valorum. If they refuse to endorse the bill it would at least give him a cudgel to beat them with in the Chancellor race.

Militarist Schmoozing: Farr will make the rounds among the militarist Senators, a group that cuts across factions. He will point to his role as shepherding the Military Creation Act into law, how he oversaw the committee to organize the new military, and how he is from a martial people. Farr hopes to win their votes in the Chancellor race and win them to the Reform Party. He will make a concerted effort to win over the militarist supporters of Palpatine.

Spec Ops Strike: Valorum instructs Supreme Admiral Tarkin to launch a rescue operation with the Republic’s finest special operations units to Bespin. The goal of the operation will be to free Master Windu and if possible, kill General Grievous creating the opportunity for the Besbin guard to retake Cloud City. Valorum authorizes Tarkin to employ a special military contractor for the mission, Cade Bane. He invites and implores the Jedi to accompany the Republic strike force.

Edited by Richard
grammar fix

On 3/7/2022 at 3:17 AM, Richard said:

Farr would ask Palpatine, Ammedda, Ryder and Tikkes to endorse or co-sponsor the legislation. He was notably hopeful of Ryder’s buy in given his anti-corruption viewpoint and friendship with Valorum. If they refuse to endorse the bill it would at least give him a cudgel to beat them with in the Chancellor race.

Palpatine will of course support the bill! He states that it's a "Damn shame" that the senate is so corrupt that not legislation must be made to combat it.

Non Canonical line before, but I must include it

Is this the Galactic Senate or Nal Hutta!? I'll let you know one thing! I'm going to drain this swamp!

5 minutes ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

Could @Richard do my events for this turn? I’m sorry I’ve just had some stuff come up recently that I need to take care of 

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

If @WVProgressive is ok with that, I have no problem with assisting 

Yeah, that's more than ok with me. I hope you're current problems come to a speedy, and positive conclusion Sean!

Rescue 2X: Master Yaddle and a sizable contingent of Jedi knights will accompany the Republic’s strike force destined for Bespin. Their primary objectives are the rescue of Master Windu, and the capture or killing of General Grievous. Following the initial battle, they will aid the Bespin guards to drive any invaders off the planet. Finally Master Yaddle and Windu will attempt to complete Windu’s original mission of convincing Bespin to declare for the Republic.  

Train Anakin: While Master Qui-Gon Jin recovers from his injuries sustained from Darth Wilde, Master Yoda will temporarily take over tutoring young Anakin. He will focus on the nature of the living force and the Jedi philosophy.

Jedi Recruitment: Master Plo Koon will search for force sensitive children out in the Expansion Region. He will pay particular attention to the Togruta species who have often contributed many members to the Jedi order.

Investigation: With Obi Wan in the Bakura system and Master Qui-Gon Jin wounded the Jedi High Council will assign Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Yarael Poof to continue the investigation into the Sith. Perhaps to Dathomir or looking further into the band of soldiers that support the two Dathomirains on Raxus.

@Sean F Kennedy hope everything works out for your friend 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 7:28 PM, WVProgressive said:

Alright, after a long wait, Turn Three is finally fully in the books! I hope you enjoy this section of the write-up, I certainly enjoyed writing it! @Richard @Fbarbarossa @Sean F Kennedy @Hestia you may now submit your events for turn 4!

Rumble on Raxus

Confrontation of Raxus: 19

Influence Shmi: 9

Fight on Raxus: 3

Parade on Raxus: 15

Count Dooku of Serreno stood on the balcony of the CIS Presidential Mansion, admiring the massive parade of battle droids marching past him. “Count Dooku!” a Neimodian advisor called to him from the door leading that led from the balcony to the mansion, “We have captured a Republic spy!” the Neimodian yelled. “A spy?” Dooku asked, turning around to face his green-faced advisor, “He demands to meet you,” the Neimodian answered, to which Dooku laughed heartily, “Send him in then, I’ll take him in the sitting room.” he said.

As the Neimodian exited to procure the prisoner, Dooku entered the sitting room that led to the balcony. The former Jedi master poured him, and his ‘guest’ a glass of finely aged Corellian wine. The interior door opened, and Dooku’s eyes went wide as he saw who his Neimodian advisor brought in. “Master.” Qui-Gon said, his hands bound in vibro-chain.

“What is the meaning of this!?” Dooku demanded after seeing the state of his former apprentice, “This is the spy we captured after shooting down his transport, he claimed to be a Jedi, but-” the advisor began, “He is a Jedi, you nincompoop!” Dooku exploded onto his incompetent advisor. “My friend you must believe this is not my will, this is a mistake,” Dooku said, “This is a terrible mistake, they’ve gone too far!” he continued. Dooku turned to the Neimodian, and told him, “You will undo his chains immediately, and leave us be!”

“I was under the impression that you were the leader here.” Qui-Gon said, “Your capture had nothing to do with me,” Dooku said, “Though, may I ask why a Jedi Master is all the way out here, on Raxus?” he asked. “I have tracked a Sith Lord to this planet.” Qui-Gon answered, “A Sith Lord?” Dooku asked, “That’s impossible, the Sith were exterminated, over a thousand years ago.” he protested, “So I thought, but he is here.” Qui-Gon answered, his tone semi-accusatory. 

“I recognize that tone of voice, and I resent the implication” Dooku protested, “You could forgive me for the assumption, given what’s been revealed about you, and your allies,” Qui-Gon replied, “The staged bombings, working with criminals, allying with mega-corporations.” he continued. Dooku huffed, “You must understand, my friend, these alliances, these actions, they’re all in the name of a better galaxy,” he told his former padawan.

“And allying with the Hutts will help achieve those goals?” Qui-Gon questioned. “Do you think the Republic does not ally with criminals when it suits their needs!?” Dooku snapped at his former student, before taking a breath, and calming himself, “Qui-Gon, you know too well of the corruption in the Senate, and how the Jedi Order has become little more than a glorified police force for the Republic.” he implored. “Yes, but I do not view a galactic civil war as the best solution to these problems.” Qui-Gon said.

“Then what do you propose, Master Jin?” Dooku asked, a frustrated tone stinging his voice. “Sit in the Jedi temple, meditating, hoping that the galaxy will right itself?” he asked with venom as he began to pace the floor of his parlor, “That’s something that Master Yoda never understood, the Jedi shouldn’t be monks, or servants, sitting idly by as the Galaxy fall into ruin.” he rambled. “So your solution to Galactic rot to start another war?” Jin asked, “Look at the past one thousand generations of Galactic history, and see how peaceful it is when force-insensitives are in control.” Dooku countered. “Jedi serve others, rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.” Qui-Gon reminded his former master, quoting a line from the long-form of the Jedi Code to him. “Yes, such is the paradox of the force, it has a will, yet it wishes to be controlled.” Dooku said, “Now who’s sounding like a Sith Lord?” Qui-Gon remarked. Dooku huffed, “If you wish to remain caged by the dogma of the Jedi Order, I will not stop you, but I ask that you depart from here at once, after you have eliminated your Sith Lord.” he told his old friend, and apprentice, “I suppose I must leave you, but I remember a time when you would have eagerly fought against the Sith by my side,” Qui-Gon retorted, “Enjoy your revolution, Count.” he ended, marching out of the sitting room. Dooku looked after Qui-Gon as he left, and rubbed his beard in uncertainty.

*/*/*/*/*

Qui-Gon laid on his stomach as he observed the Sith Lord he had tracked. The Sith Lord was meditating on the side of a riverbed, near a ford in the water. On either side of the Sith were thick forests filled with trees lush with shimmering green leaves. Seeing that the Sith was alone, Qui-Gon decided to approach his prey, silently.

As soon as he got within lunging distance of the Sith, Qui-Gon took his lightsbaer off of his belt. Before he could ignite it, the Sith stood up, and said, “I’ve been expecting you, Jedi.” Dropping his robes to the floor, and turning to face the Jedi Master, the Sith ignited his crimson saber, and dared Qui-Gon to attack, adopting a deceptively open stance that would allow him to counter the Jedi’s attacks easily. Jin was no novice at lightsaber fighting, and realized his opponent’s intentions.

Jin ignited his lightsaber, and brought it up to a defensive position as he thought through his next move. Scanning the treeline, Jin noticed a ‘bush’ shift up and down as it breathed. His eyes going wide, Qui-Gon used the force to push his Sith opponent into the river, before turning, and unleashing his lightsaber into the woods to the left of him. Eliciting a barrage of laser fire from both patches of the patches of woodlands, Qui-Gon dogged to his right, safely avoiding the fire from his hidden enemy.

Darth Wilde rose to his feet, and growled, as he saw Qui-Gon block incoming blaster fire with ease. The Sith charged at the Jedi, bringing his saber high over his head, and leaping into the air. Seeing the oncoming attack, Qui-Gon brought his saber up to block the savage attack, bringing his attention away from the laser bolts. Crimson, and Emerald sparks flew as the two warriors pushed their sabers against each other.

Eventually, Darth Wilde’s natural strength was able to overpower that of the aging Jedi’s. Breaking the Jedi’s guard, the Sith slashed an X into his opponent's chest, not noticing that the blaster fire had ceased. Stumbling backwards, and severely injured, Qui-Gon attempted to block the Sith’s attacks, though this only resulted in the Sith hacking through his saber, leaving him defenseless. Darth Wilde kicked Qui-Gon to the ground, and raised his saber above his head, ready to stab the Jedi dead.

“Prepare to d- hurrk.” Savage said, as a blue lightsaber pierced his chest. For a moment Savage went stiff, looking down at his wound in shock as a final breath escaped his lips. The sith fell to the ground, and he was gone. Qui-Gon looked at his rescuer, “Master Dooku?” he asked, “I, followed you after you left the palace.” Dooku admitted. As Dooku helped his former apprentice to his feet, a guttural scream emanated from a tall, leafy tree in the heart of the right-hand forest.

A red dathomirian male in black robes leaped from the treetop, and ignited both blades of his double-bladed lightsaber. “Another Sith?” Qui-Gon asked, bewildered, “The rule of two must no longer be in effect.” he said in realization. Dooku handed his former apprentice a lightsaber with a curved hilt, “Just like old times?” Jin asked, igniting the blue blade, and adopting an offensive stance. “Certainly.” Dooku said igniting his blade, and adopting the stance of his favored dance like Makashi form.

The two sides charged at each other, aging Jedi, against nubile Sith. Darth Maul fought with passion, and anger, swinging his double blade with skill, forcing the Jedi onto the backfoot. Qui-Gon dodged away from a backwards stab by the Sith, and used his loaned lightsaber to cut off the primary arm of the opponent. The Sith fell on one knee in pain, allowing Dooku to slice his other arm off. Maul gasped as the Jedi pointed their lightsaber at him, before drawing a deep breath, and emitting a massive shout imbued with the power of the Dark Side of the Force, sending his opponents flying backwards. 

The Sith evacuated from the planet Raxus on the untraceable spaceship that his master had allocated as the escape vehicle for the operation. The two heroes rose to their feet, and dusted themselves off. “Farewell, Master Dooku, I must inform the council at once of this revelation.” Jin said, shaking his former master’s hand, “Farewell, old friend, It was nice to be able to speak with you.” the old man said. “I hope that we need not meet on a field of battle as enemies.” Jin said, to which Dooku sighed, looked away, and told him, “I fear, it may already be too late.”

Dooku's Distress: After the meeting with Qui-Gon Jinn, it appears likely that the real face behind the Separatists is going to be revealed more and more often from now on. Dooku decides to take matters into his own hands, going to organize a meeting with several heads of Separatist planets to get ahead of Republic accusations. They focus on the idea of planets deciding for themselves their own choices and decisions, Dooku counting on that such a meeting will deter blame or accusations of authoritarianism.

Eyes on the Prize: Separatist leaders appear distressed by news of rising Sith - fearing that another power may lurk beyond the horizon, somewhere out there. They believe that the time to act is soon. They begin preparations for looking for planets for a first strike - hopefully a Core World with Separatist intentions. In order to facilitate this, several Separatist spies are leaked onto the inner planets of Kuot and Corellia to begin fomenting a type of Civil War to join the rising Separatist cause.

An End to the Republic!: A major speech is held by some top senators from the Confederacy. It is intended to be aired to various parts of the galaxy, particularly those in Republic hands. It is a segment of videos, showing Separatist senators meeting with people from their planets. An inspiring musical tone plays overhead while a voice (Count Dooku's) speaks. "The Confederacy of Independent Systems. Strong. United. But independent." The focus shifts to videos of Chancellor Valorum and Republic senators. "Here in the Republic's senate, there are 2000 Senators. How many of you know your senator? Have you ever seen them? In the Confederacy of Independent Systems, we believe in working with our people, not above them. The Republic is old. Tired. Corrupt. Do you stand with him?" Another picture flashes of Valorum. "Or with them?" A picture ends the scene of people standing together on Raxus.

A Disturbance in the Force: Dooku senses that things may not just be political anymore. After the chance meeting with Qui Gon Jinn, he fears that the Jedi themselves may be working against the Separatist cause. In order to potentially avert such a crisis where ancient religious organizations have no part, he sends a letter to the Jedi Temple offering a meeting - on Raxus, naturally, with a Jedi of their choosing. The topic is due to be focused on this new Sith, as well as reminding the Jedi of the necessity to stay out of political affairs.

Outer Rim Revolution: The Separatists sense blood in the water in the outer rim, targeting remaining star systems controlled by the Republic. They broadcast Dooku's message and theme doubletime in the Rim, aiming to sway the last holdouts to come over to their side. 

Jedi Rescue

Yaddle Rescue: 1

Convince Cloud City: 18

Special-Forces: 12

Jedi Master Yaddle, and Admiral Wullf Yularen stood in the debriefing room of the Acclamator class cruiser codenamed the Prywden, as a platoon of Republic Special Forces Division soldiers stood in front of them. “Captured, Master Windu is.” Master Yaddle began, “Rescue him, we must.” she continued, as a holomap of Cloud City filled the room. “We believe that the Jedi is being held in the administrative levels of Cloud City, somewhere between level 101, and level 120.” Yularen said pointing to the select levels of the city.

“You will be split into four groups of six, Blackstar Squad, led by Lieutenant MacTavish, will land in Level 280, and secure the tibanian gas production area, meanwhile Tempest Squad, led by Lieutenant Ichols will land in Level 1, and secure the spaceport.” Yularen said, “Havoc, and Eclipse Squads, led by Captain Price, and Major Kusanagi, will land on Level 101, and 120 respectively, and investigate the administrative levels of Cloud City.” Yularen continued. “You will land at the designated areas using prototype LAATs gifted to us by Kuat Shipyards, and will be assisted by Jedi Master Yaddle.” Yularen said, “This mission is critical to our defense against the Sith, and the CIS, you are the best that we have, and I am positive that you will complete this mission with minimal casualties.” Yularen finished.

*/*/*/*/*

The prototype LAATs flew in a horizontal line as they approached Cloud City, before laying down a suppressive barrage of missiles, and splitting off to go to their respective landing zones. “Talk about little resistance!” the radioman from Blackstar Squad said over the main channel for all to hear, “I don’t see any enemy contacts in the city.” he continued. “Always as they appear, things are not.” Yaddle warned as Eclipse Squad neared their objective, “No time for navel gazing, get ready to drop.” Major Kusanagi ordered as the LAAT touched down.

“Clear left!” an Eclipse soldier yelled after scanning the level, “Clear right!” a different Eclipse trooper yelled after scanning the other side of the level. “Abandoned, the area has been.” Yaddle observed, “Looks like Master Windu isn’t here,” Kusanagi said, before turning to the tiny green Jedi, and asking her, “Are your Jedi powers providing you any insight into Windu’s location?” The Jedi Master closed her eyes, and hummed in thought, “Close, he is,” she began, “In distress, he is,” she continued, before opening her eyes, “He is on Level 108.” she said. “Are you sure?” the Major asked, “Lie, the force does not.” Yaddle said, “Good enough for me.” Major Kusanagi mumbled, before saying into her communicator “We’ve located the Jedi Master, he’s on level 108, Blackstar, Tempest, maintain your current objective, Havoc Squad, investigate Port Town, General Grievous may attempt to flee from one of the industrial loading bays” she ordered.

*/*/*/*/*

As Eclipse Squad neared Level 108, Major Kusanagi radioed the other squads, “Come in Tempest squad, what’s your situation?” she asked. “No sight of the general’s ship yet, Major.” Lt. Ichols responded, “We’ve encountered scattered resistance from Kaleesh grunts, though…” Ichols trailed off. “What is it Lieutenant?” the Major asked, “It’s strange, sir, after all the stories I’ve heard about General Grievous, I expected more than a few isolated pockets of gunslingers.” Ichols admitted.

“Contact, 12-O-Clock, dead ahead!” an Eclipse Squad member yelled as the squad came under fire from four Kaleesh warriors. Jedi Master Yaddle ignited her green lightsaber, and lunged at the Kaleesh warriors. After Yaddle speedily sliced through the Kaleesh warriors, the soldiers of Eclipse investigated the nearby rooms, looking for the captured Jedi Master. “Something about these guys seem wrong to you?” the Eclipse’s Medic, Cpl. Febar asked, kneeling to inspect the bodies, “Adolescents, these warriors are.” Yaddle observed, her intuition aided by the force. “Why would Grievous put boys in charge of guarding Master Windu?” the medic asked.

“Never mind the general’s failing, focus on the mission.” Kusanagi said, “Come in Blackstar Squad, what’s your status?” she asked into her communicator garnering only static in response. “Blackstar, report!” she ordered, “They’re everywhere!” the Blackstar radioman yelled in response. “Grievous’s soldiers have dug into the base of the repulsiveness sector.” the radioman informed the major, “Any sign of the general himself?” Kusanagi asked, “Negative commander!” the Radioman responded.

“Major Kusanagi, I’ve located Master Windu, he’s in this room!” An Eclipse commando said, standing next to a door labeled Bureau of Commerce Communications Center. Eclipse Squad breached the room, finding the lights to be off, and the only occupants to be a severely wounded Mace Windu. As a commando undid the Master’s restraints, Windu began to speak, “Cloud City, is in danger.” he said, “The General, where is he?” Yaddle asked. “He’s gone, left with the majority of his forces a while ago,” Windu said, “He knew you were coming.” he continued.

“What?” Cpl. Febar asked in shock, before Major Kusanagi’s communicator received a communication from Blackstar squad. “Commander, we’ve cleared out the Kaleesh from the engine room, but we’ve got a problem,” the radioman began, “Grievous has rigged the engines to blow, we’re trying to fix it now but we need to start prepping an evacuation.” he continued, “Understood, Blackstar.” the major responded. Kusanagi then radioed Tempest Squad, “Ichols, I need your squad to secure the spaceport, we might need to evacuate Cloud City.” she ordered, “We might have a problem there,” Ichols responded, “There’s a bomb?” Kusanagi asked, “Affirmative.” Ichols said, “It’s the same story down here boss,” the radioman from Havoc Squad said. “We’ve got a situation here boss!” a commando yelled after kicking open the door to the communication room’s relief station, and finding an explosive device.

“So that’s the General’s plan, lure us in with a POW, destroy Cloud City, and prevent us from evacuating anyone.” Kusanagi realized, “Devious, and deadly, our enemy is.” Yaddle said. “Waxer, get the men, and the Jedi out of here, I’ll-” Major Kusanagi began before Master Yaddle interrupted her, “Leave, you must,” she began, “Stay, and use the force to absorb the power of the bombs, I shall.” she continued. “That’s insane, you’ll die!” Kusanagi protested, “Sacrifice for others, that is the Jedi way.” Yaddle said before sitting down, and meditating in order to bolster her force power. “We must leave, now!” Windu said as two Republic commandos helped him exit the room, “Damn it.” the Major said, before exiting the room before the bombs exploded.

*/*/*/*/*

The Subordinate Baron Administrator of Cloud City shook hands with Jedi Master Mace Windu on Level 0 of Cloud City. “We thank you for your ally’s heroic sacrifice in defense of out city.” he said, “So you will commit to the defense of the Republic?” Windu asked, “Indeed we will, the Republic can rely on Bespin gas for all their military needs.” the administrator answered. On the edge of the crowd, Major Kusanagi contemplated the results of the day’s mission, “You can’t blame yourself for this, Major.” Cpl. Febar told his commanding officer, “That’s not what I’m worried about, Corporal.” the Major said, tossing the cigarillo she had been smoking onto the ground. “There’s a mole in the Grand Army of the Republic.”

Skywalker Family Values

Malicos: 12

Yod Trains Anakin: 9

Mischief of Coruscant: 9

Night descended on the ecumenopolis of Coruscant, as Shmi Skywalker awaited the return of her son. The door to the apartment opened, and Sheev Palpatine, and Anakin Skywalker walked through it. “Did you have fun with Mr. Palpatine today?” Shmi asked Anakin, bending down to meet his eye level, “I insist, Shmi, that you, and your boy can call me Sheev!” Palpatine said jovially. Anakin gave a noncommittal shrug, and avoided the Senator’s gaze. Shmi then turned to Palpatine telling him, “Thank you for showing my son around Coruscant, Sheev.” she thanked, putting a hand on the senator’s arm, “I assure you, the pleasure’s all mine.” Palpatine said, before leaving.

Shmi sat on the apartment couch, and patted the seat next to her, “You’re acting sad, is something wrong?” she asked her son. “I miss Master Jin.” Anakin said, “Master Yoda is hard to understand, and,” he began stopping momentarily, “And he said that the two of us shouldn’t be living together.” Anakin said. “What?” Shmi asked, “He said that I shouldn’t be so attached to you, but I don’t understand, you’re my mom, why would me loving you make me a bad person?” Anakin asked. “I don’t know,” Shmi admitted, “Have you tried talking about this with Sheev?” she asked, “Senator Palpatine creeps me out, whenever I’m near him I get the willies,” Anakin said, “And I overheard him talking with a Jedi Knight before we left, I heard him call the Jedi Order weak.” he claimed. “I am sure that you simply misheard them,” Shmi dismissed, “Now wash up, dinner is almost ready.” she told Anakin.

Valorum’s Folly

Anti-Corruption1: 1

Anti-Corruption2: 3

Outer Rim: 19

Speech: 13

Distress: 5

“Chancellor Valorum.” the Chancellor’s Duro Chief of Staff began, as he entered the room, “Rad.” Valorum acknowledged, motioning for Rad to sit down. “I have good news, and bad news, Chancellor.” Rad began, “Good news first,” Valorum requested, “Count Dooku, and the Sepratists are facing harsh criticism in the press for the close ties the CIS has with galactic corporations.” Rad said. “Now what’s the bad news?” Valorum asked, “You’re anti corruption legislation has been met with much criticism, opponents are calling it backwards, and bureaucratic,” the Duro answered, “The Senate Elections Committee has refused to even consider the bill, and we’re even getting reports that this has spurred sepratist uprisings all over the outer rim.” he continued. “Our spies are currently working on a comprehensive summary of which planets have chosen a side, it should be on your desk by tomorrow.” the chief of staff said before exiting.

Scenes from the Senate

Advocate a Clone Army: 7

Militarists: 18

Disturbance: 5

“No Clones! No Droids! No War!” the students chanted as they disrupted Palpatine’s speech at the Coruscant University for Interstellar Relations. “Can you not-” Palpatine began, Can you not see the need-” he again tried, before being drowned out by the protesters. The senator sighed, and turned to his Jedi escort, “If only the Jedi’s peacekeeping mission included fighting against radical protesters/” he joked, “If only.” Krell agreed.

*/*/*/*/*

Farr shook hands with the Kaminoan Senator Halle Burtoni as they put the finishing touches on their meeting. “It is good to know that Senator Palpatine is not the only one who supports the creation of a clone army.” Burtoni said, “Our difference lies not in our support for the clone army, merely in our wider vision for the Army of the Republic.” Farr said. “While I am not ready to endorse your campaign, I assure you that you have certainly impressed me, and my allies in the Senate.” Burtoni

said.

*/*/*/*/*

Jedi Master Yoda sat in the Jedi archives studying an ancient Jedi holocron from the time of the Mandalorian War. A Jedi Knight walked into Yoda’s study chamber, informing the Jedi Master that “Count Dooku has sent us a letter,” before going on to say, “He wishes to set up a meeting between himself, and a Jedi of our chose on Raxus.” Yoda hummed in thought, “Meet with him, we shall, but who we send, up to the council, that is.” Yoda said.

Les Enfants Terribles

Project Starkiller: 19

On the ocean planet of Kamino, the evil Darth Sidious discusses the Starkiller Project with the Kaminoan scientist heading the venture. “What is the status of Project Starkiller?” Palpatine asked, “The project is progressing well, we now have three subjects that are sustainable.” the scientist answered. “When will these clones be ready for field service?” Palpatine asked, “I regret to inform you of this, but the Starkiller Subjects will not reach maturity for another ten years.” the scientist said. Palpatine snarled, “You disappoint me.” he said, “I assure you that our efforts are progressing as quickly as they can, and that no other cloner in the galaxy would be able to deliver such a quality product in such a short time.” the scientist defended.

Valley of Death

Investigate: 1

Feral: 18

“Welcome back Feral,” Sidious began, “We have much to discuss.” he said, bringing the young Nightbrother to his feet. “Wh- where am I?” Feral asked, “You are on the planet Byss, within the secret sanctum of the Sith Order.” Sidious answered. “Where is Savage?” Feral asked, his eyes still adjusting from the bacta tank, “Savage is dead, killed by the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jin.” Sidious answered. Feral shook his head, “No,” he said, “No!” he cried falling to his knees. Sidious placed a hand on Feral’s shoulder, “Worry not my child,” he comforted, “For I shall give you the power to avenge your brother.” he continued. Feral remained motionless for a moment, thinking over the Sith lord’s offer, “I want,” he began, “I want revenge!” he said, looking Sidious in his eyes. Sidious smiled, and handed Feral a lightsaber, “Go to Dathomire, and see to it that Master Ki-Adi-Mundi is destroyed.” he ordered.

*/*/*/*/*

The Republic Consular Cruiser Pioneer landed on Dathomire. It was a barren, rocky plateau far from any Nightbrothers villages. Master Mundi exited the cruiser, and scanned the horizon, not noticing the Nightbrothers archers hiding among the rocky hills. “Stay with the ship, I’ll see what I can find out from the locals.” Mundi ordered the pilots. “Set up at the mouth of the valley, we’ll trap him there.” Feral ordered to his Nightbrother warriors.

After walking for around an hour, Mundi spied a group of Nightbrothers out on a hunt. “Hello there!” Mundi yelled, catching the attention of the Nightbrothers, “I wish speak with your village leader.” he continued. The Nightbrothers shuffled backward nervously, before running away from the Jedi into a narrow mountain valley. Mundi grumbled, before running after the Nightbrothers into the treacherous valley.

The valley was filled with a red mist, and an ominous aura. Mundi slowed his pace, inspecting the ridges on either side of him. He could sense darkness in the valley, and across the ridges. A pebble fell from the ridge as a figure moved along it, alerting Mundi to their presence. Mundi turned around, and began to run to the exit of the valley.

A moment later, a pile of rocks was moved from the ridge, and blocked Mundi’s path. “Face me, and die like a man, Jedi scum!” a man yelled from behind Mundi. Mundi ignited his lightsaber, and turned to face his opponent, seeing a red Zabrak in black robes, holding a crimson lightsaber. “You must be the Sith that Master Jin, and Master Dooku almost killed on Raxus,” Mundi said, “I expected you to be taller.” he admitted. “There are far more Sith than you fools believe,” Feral countered, “But it won’t matter anyway, you, and your order shall die.” he continued, before giving a gutteral yell, and charging at Mundi.

Mundi parried Feral’s strike away, and brought his saber up to strike at the Sith. “Now!” Feral ordered, and dozens of Nightbrothers rose from their cover on the ridge, and fired on the Jedi master. Mundi was able to react quickly to the archers assault deflecting their bolts away from him. Feral swung his saber horizontally, cutting into Mundi’s side. The white haired Jedi master fell to the ground as Feral held up his fist to order his archers to hold their fire. “Typical, Sith, can’t win honestly, so you need to cheat.” Mundi said, attempting to drag himself to his feet. Feral kicked the old man back to the ground, and used the force to take Mundi’s lightsaber from him. “Your moralistic Jedi dogma blinds, and weakens you.” Feral said, before chopping the Master’s head off.

Student on Shili

Recruitment: 17

Plo Koon landed on the Planet Shili to investigate claims of a force-sensitive Togruta. “Welcome Master Plo Koon,” a Togruta village elder told the Master Jedi, “I am glad that the Jedi received our message.” she continued, “Wherever the force takes root in a young child, the Jedi will be there to guide them.” Master Koon said, “The child, and her family are spending their final moments together.” the elder said, “Follow me, and I will show her to you.” she said, turning around, and walking to the village proper. The door to the hut opened, as Plo Koon could see a four year old Togruta girl being held in her mother’s arms. The girl’s father squatted across from the mother, and child, holding a doll in his hands. Both parents look at Master Plo with a look of concern as soon as he entered, knowing that their time was up.

The child used the force to lift the doll out of her father’s hand, and bring it to her arms. The mother, and father rose to their feet, and walked to the Master Jedi, “Your elder’s report was accurate, you have quite the little talent on your hands.” Master Plo said as the mother handed him the child, “Her name is Ashoka,” the father began, “Ashoka Tano.” he continued. Plo Koon turned to return to his ship, but was stopped by the mother asking “I know that the Jedi forbid such things, but will we ever be able to see her again?” Koon shifted slightly, thinking over his answer, “I’m afraid such a thing would be impossible,” he said, causing distress to both parents. “May the force be with you.” Master Plo said, bowing slightly to the parents before leaving.

Battle of the Eldest Brother

Military Expansion: 19

Prize: 20

In the steamy, and secretive jungles of Duros, Count Dooku approaches the camp of a prospective ally. The pirate camp was alive with the smell of meat, and booze wafting through the night air. Dooku entered the heart of the camp, drawing attention from the pirate band, “Well, well, well, what’s a noble like you doing in this neck of the woods?” a male Duros asked the Count. “I seek your leader, Denn Solo.” Dooku said.

A balding, red haired man rose to his feet, “The name’s Dalla Suul these days, Dooku.” he said, approaching the fallen Jedi, “What’s your business with me?” Dalla the Black asked. “I am here to offer you the opportunity to reclaim your family’s birthright, and take the throne of Corellia. Dooku said, Dalla looked at the count intrigued, “Really? What’s in it for you?” he asked. “I seek to gain a valuable ally in the core worlds,” Dooku answered, “If you agree to join the Confederacy of Independent States, then I personally promise that we will commit our naval, and droid forces to your conquest of Corellia.” Dooku offered. Solo thought for a moment, before shaking the count’s hand, and telling him “You have a deal!”

*/*/*/*/*

A few weeks later the Campaign for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Corellia began. The first part of the campaign was a faint attack led by Denn Solo’s only son, Jonash Solo, leading a small force of pirate corvettes, and fighters. The younger Solo’s attack succeed in its goal, drawing the majority of Corellia’s space force away from the planet, goading them into pursuing him after retreating into the Altawar system. This diversionary move allowed Denn Solo’s main naval force to easily breeze through the picket that had been left behind.

Having secured naval control of the planet, Denn Solo turned his attention to the ground. Solo began by demanding that he be made the absolute monarch of Corellia under threat of invasion, the offer was refused by Diktat Com Fordox. Following this, Solo launched his invasion by infamously bombing the Corellian capital of Coronet City, resulting in massive civilian casualties, and infrastructural damage. The Corellian command structure having been stunned, Solo’s forces established a beachhead in the city of Tyrena.

Upon the urging of Captain Garm Bel Iblis, Supreme Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin sent a fleet to liberate the planet of Corellia. Led by Captain Garm Bel Iblis himself, the Republic Task Force was initially successful in destroying the relatively weak pirate fleet. The tide turned, however, when Jonash Solo’s force emerged from the Altawar system, accompanied by a large CIS fleet.

The Republic, and CIS navies traded blows in an intense fight for control of Corellian space. For the first time in millennia a battle between two galactic powers had been fought. After losing a Corellian capital ship under his command, Garm Bel Iblis was forced to retreat under pressure from the numerically superior CIS forces, but not before sinking a fair number of the CIS’s light ships. The Republic task force retreated to the Rydonni System, and over the next few days, and weeks was reinforced by Republic forces from Vandor-5, Kuat, and even conscripted planetary defense forces from nearby systems until it was nearly equivalent in numbers to the CIS fleet over Corellia. The land war also continued longer than Solo, and the CIS expected, with Corellian forces digging in, and preventing Solo’s pirates from advancing much farther than Tyrena.

• Like 1

Okay, here’s a very rough list of which planets each side controls in the galactic civil war. I based it off of how the map appeared in the EAW mod Fall of the Republic with some modifications based off of our rp. If you want more information, or a clarification about a planet not on the list, simply ask, and you shall receive.

Republic

Coruscant

Alsakan

Anaxes

Corulag

Champala

Barlok 

Chandrila

Caamas

Yinchorr

Noquivzor

Cardia