The Political Lounge

Hypothetical Election

Sean F Kennedy

Election   

21 members have voted

1. 1. If the 2024 election was with these nominees where would your vote go?

• Kamala Harris/Pete Buttigieg (D)
    • Donald Trump/Ted Cruz (R)
    • John Kasich/John Hickenlooper (I)
    • Andrew Yang/Blair Walsingham (F)
  2. 2. If the 2024 election was with these nominees where would your vote go?

• Jon Ossoff/Tammy Duckworth (D)
    • Ron DeSantis/Kristi Noem (R)
    • Andrew Yang/Marianne Williamson (F)

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

What does, "F," stand for?

It stands for the Forward Party, a party that Andrew Yang formed last year after losing the NYC mayoral race. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_Party

6 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I've never heard the name Blair Walsingham. @Sean F Kennedy is there anything that makes her a likely pick for Andrew Yang?

She was the Tennessee-1 Congressional candidate for the Dems in 2020(got blown out, very red district iirc). She came out of the tiny Yang sliver of the Dems, and is currently part of the Forward Party team if I'm correct.

7 hours ago, Patine said:

What does, "F," stand for?

The Forward Party, as others have said. The idea is a nonpartisan movement for democracy reform, using ballot initiatives and endorsing candidates of all party stripe to push for RCV and nonpartisan primaries, with the goals of reforming America's election laws, reducing polarization, and reforming the incentives our representatives currently have to be more in line with their constituents. I've been skeptical of it, Yang went through a bruising in the NYC Mayor's race, and I haven't really thought there's much hope for a popular movement in favor of Forward, but election reform is something we desperately need, so despite my critical outlook on the party's hopes of major success, I'm not opposed to it.

FAQs — Forward Party

Edited by The Blood

15 minutes ago, The Blood said:

She was the Tennessee-1 Congressional candidate for the Dems in 2020(got blown out, very red district iirc). She came out of the tiny Yang sliver of the Dems, and is currently part of the Forward Party team if I'm correct.

Ah...East Tennessee, proudly supporting Republicans no matter what since the 1860s...

• Based 1

On 2/1/2022 at 11:21 PM, Patine said:

I don't recall ever saying I was against all party politics across the board.

Ok, I must have misremembered. I could have sworn at one point you said something along the lines of being against the idea of being "a card-carrying member" of a political party. My bad.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:02 AM, The Blood said:

That’s actually the district where I live now.   The lady that won came out of nowhere to win the Republican primary - beating several longtime state Reps and Senators.   Not bad for a local pharmacist.