The Political Lounge

How tall are you? (No shoes)

DakotaHale

I've always been average overall. Growing up I was short. And all my good friends are taller than me so... 😛 Without shoes I'm somewhere around 5,8 -> 5, 8.5. 

With shoes, I'm easily 5,9. Although it can depend on the shoe I guess... 😛 

At least I can say I am taller than Tom Cruise. 😎

• Thanks 1

6’0. I was like 5’11 in middle school and I was supposed to end up at 6’4 or so but then I just stopped. Glad I at least got to 6 feet though, means I don’t have to lie about it 😛 

• Based 1

6'4" if I stand up straight. I'm leaning over a CPU so often that it's impacting my posture. My dad was 6'5" when I was a kid, possibly was taller in his 20s and 30s...he was mid-40s when I was born, so my memories of him are mostly in his 50s and 60s. One newspaper from when he was in college playing basketball listed him as 6'10" but there's no way he was that tall. He might have been 6'6" or 6'7" at his tallest. The last time I saw him, in his late 70s just before he died, he was shorter than me, which was odd to see. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I always pictured Patine as 5'8" ish for no reason at all. But I could see him sort of like Alexander Pope, a rather pedantic, but brilliant poet from the 1700s. He was 4'6" because of tuberculosis of the spine, which caused a massive curvature. I could also see Patine with some rare disease in which he keeps the proportions of an infant but at adult height. Perhaps, he stays completely at infant sized but his brain and skull grow as he becomes an adult. Or maybe he's a centaur? Reverse centaur? He could transcend height if it fluctuates based on how amped up he is. Maybe he's a transformer or go-bot? All I know is that he's Canadian and has a small goatee or something like that. After one of the five Eugenes posted that video representing Patine's propensity for theatrical anger, I sort of picture him looking like the guy in that video. Yeah, generally, I picture him as 5'8" and looking something like Tim Curry with a goatee: 

Tim Curry Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

After the twink thing this is my favorite post of yours of all time

• Like 2
  • Based 1

14 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

After the twink thing this is my favorite post of yours of all time

I agree. I want you to know @vcczar , you're making the greatest political simulator ever, you're a funny guy, and I'm glad you're on this forum. 

Stay a real one Chad. 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Based 3

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you quite done. This is an intellectualized version of the nonetheless locker room antics I was hoping to avoid. I had sincerely thought, of all people here, it wouldn't have been you who descended into such juvenile tropes. I am, sadly, very disappointed. And, once again, you still feel the Troll in any way, shape, or form, makes a, "representation," of me. THAT is something you really have to disabuse yourself. It compromises being a forum moderator to be entertained, and sing along, again, and again, with a troll. In fact, if he hadn't been brought up again, I might have even said nothing, but you seem fixated on aggrandizing and dredging this troll and his out-of-line disruptive behaviour - again, unbecoming for a forum moderator. Now, could you drop this puerile childish ridicule that I specifically didn't want a part of by bowing out of this thread question. In fact, I will politely request that you delete this post I am quoting, as a sign of basic decency, despite eight people liking it (which doesn't say much for the general tenor of, "humour," here) - as I have tried to cut down on my angry rants (though it has been difficult with certain posters deliberately goading, though I've put several of those are blocked now, and there was that @carl4395, but I imagine few can argue he didn't have the harsh side of me coming from the start). I am perfectly calm as I write this, and, as I said, I might of said nothing if you hadn't brought up the Troll, whom you haven't for quite a while.

You need to acquire some sense of humor and some humility. 

No one would be saying things like this and liking the posts if you didn't perversely seek to make yourself such a target consistently. If you can't handle it, then you basically have to alter your behavior--since you are painting the target on your own back, wittingly or unwittingly, so much so it's almost comical--or you can leave the forum. I don't think a single day goes by that you aren't quagmired into something. I've interacted with tens of thousands of people in my adult life and I've never seen anything like it. It's almost like watching a Warner Bros. cartoon or something. 

Learn to laugh at your own expense, and I promise you, and people will stop doing it. You make yourself into the punching bag. The more you react to it, the more it will occur.  People don't respond to people like you without reason. In fact, this is probably the closest to bullying I've ever been. I'd like to say I feel bad, but you have to give me a reason why I don't feel you deserve it. 

Change comes from you, not us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I think some people here need better senses of humour themselves, and there's a few others here that could also use some humility, as they, too, have have been insufferably fully of themselves.

It's weird that you speak about yourself in the third person plural, but you do you man, we'll respect your wishes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Thank-you. But you have to concede that seven accounts of the Troll is far more than enough for any forum of any repute. Perhaps a trim? You ARE the Administrator and Site Owner, after all... 🤖

Yes, we've discussed and we will be enforcing a one account per person rule.  People should be allowed to block/ignore those they feel the need to block/ignore, without the person reappearing in their feed again.

• Based 2

4 minutes ago, Cal said:

I understand that someone cannot have 7 accounts. @eugene7 

But where in the rules does it say that you cannot have 8 accounts? 

Checkmate, liberals.

Based. Redpilled. Loopholes are based.

I hereby state as a member of this forum, that unless rules are stated verbatim! Unless a constitution is passed with 2/3rds majority of qualified forum members voting! No ruleset can be enforced upon us!

#ProEugene #EugeneLivesMatter #EugeneDidNothingWrong #EugeneIsBasedChangeMyMind

@DakotaHale Jk bro you pay for this shit you can do whatever tf u want. 😛😎

• Based 2

29 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I hereby state as a member of this forum, that unless rules are stated verbatim! Unless a constitution is passed with 2/3rds majority of qualified forum members voting! No ruleset can be enforced upon us!

Eugene the Great! Viva la revolución!

jkjk ofc

my 6 twins are decommissioned as of now. Crazy that mom named us all Eugene.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Pringles said:

So far we’ve been doing a Supreme Court style ruling system where we decide with majority votes (all of which so far have been unanimous) on things like reporting/rulings etc. and using those precedents to enforce likewise rulings. But if a constitution would be necessary we could probably draft one. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

So far we’ve been doing a Supreme Court style ruling system where we decide with majority votes (all of which so far have been unanimous) on things like reporting/rulings etc. and using those precedents to enforce likewise rulings. But if a constitution would be necessary we could probably draft one. 

I Love Democracy | Know Your Meme

• Based 2