The Political Lounge

How tall are you? (No shoes)

DakotaHale

5 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

So far we’ve been doing a Supreme Court style ruling system where we decide with majority votes (all of which so far have been unanimous) on things like reporting/rulings etc. and using those precedents to enforce likewise rulings. But if a constitution would be necessary we could probably draft one. 

If there is a constitution, is each User their own state with their own little mini-forum and mini-constitutions?

Just now, DakotaHale said:

Yes but it’s the Holy Roman Empire and I am the Emperor

And I am *Insert token guy who kills the Emperor here*. With my newfound power I change... nothing.

• Based 1

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

The title of Holy Roman Emperor was not claimable by assassination. The Imperial Electors would almost certainly choose whomever they naturally would to replace the Emperor, and then the High Court of Augsburg would order you drawn and quartered.

Someone could have assassinated the empire covertly and then been elected. I don't know much history of the HRE but I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened at one point, though we probably wouldn't know about it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

I always pictured Patine as 5'8" ish for no reason at all. But I could see him sort of like Alexander Pope, a rather pedantic, but brilliant poet from the 1700s. He was 4'6" because of tuberculosis of the spine, which caused a massive curvature. I could also see Patine with some rare disease in which he keeps the proportions of an infant but at adult height. Perhaps, he stays completely at infant sized but his brain and skull grow as he becomes an adult. Or maybe he's a centaur? Reverse centaur? He could transcend height if it fluctuates based on how amped up he is. Maybe he's a transformer or go-bot? All I know is that he's Canadian and has a small goatee or something like that. After one of the five Eugenes posted that video representing Patine's propensity for theatrical anger, I sort of picture him looking like the guy in that video. Yeah, generally, I picture him as 5'8" and looking something like Tim Curry with a goatee: 

Tim Curry Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

All the Eugenes liked this post.

• Based 1

41 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Someone could have assassinated the empire covertly and then been elected. I don't know much history of the HRE but I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened at one point, though we probably wouldn't know about it.

There's really no telling what happened in the old days and all of the old plots that haven't been uncovered. The greatest secret in history is probably still a secret that only the dead know... and we know that dead men tell no tales. 😛