The Political Lounge

Crusader Kings III Royal Court Comes Out Tomorrow

Cal

I am beyond excited to begin my first campaign with the DLC tomorrow. I have decided on doing a The Last Karling run where I play mostly tall after migrating to Northern Africa, melding the French and Berber cultures into a cultural union, and converting to Judaism and reforming the religion to be war-mongering. 

What a fun game. 

Edited by Cal
  • Like 2
  • Based 1

• Cal changed the title to Crusader Kings III Royal Court Comes Out Tomorrow

Might pick it up after I get payed. I want to see how the gameplay is in YouTube before I spend money... the Prongle economy is implementing some serious spending limits at the moment as of late... 😛 

• Based 1

5 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Might pick it up after I get payed. I want to see how the gameplay is in YouTube before I spend money... the Prongle economy is implementing some serious spending limits at the moment as of late... 😛 

Is the new President of the Pringles mind preaching fiscal responsibility?

• Haha 3
  • Based 1

Just now, Rezi said:

Is the new President of the Pringles mind preaching fiscal responsibility?

Yes. The last one got thrown out in a landslide for bringing the checking account down to a level it shouldn't have been... at least the savings is still great though. 😛 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pringles said:

or you can just aquire it from. . . . . less than legal means cough cough

• Based 2

21 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

or you can just aquire it from. . . . . less than legal means cough cough

Paradox's new launcher has made it harder than ever to do so, for DLC or mods.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Even though the concepts of, "fault," and, "obligation," are not at all here, it has long been one of the weak points of this community to, in great majority, focus ALL (or almost all) discussion on nation-building and -managing games to a single company (and not even a company that pioneered the genre), specifically setting up thread titles and poll options to exclude all possible discussion of those games of other companies, and often utterly ignoring, or ridiculing and stereotyping, all other companies' games, often when no familiarity is really had, or, as in a few cases, when experiences with the wrong game are quoted. There are many, many good nation-building and -managing strategy games out there, and I have a lot of insight into the genre as a whole, but am unable, even in polite or friendly conversation, to engage in it, because one company alone is monomaniacally focused, and everything else is de facto pushed out by a wall of non-responsiveness or derision. Of course, as I've said above, it is not a matter of, "fault," or, "obligation," and no one, "owes," anyone anything here, but it is irritating and very noticeable. I would find myself highly stymied if I were restricted to only one company in this genre. And I am merely stating this a negative observation of tenor - this is not a platform to start a fight.

We know, you don't care for Paradox games and don't like that we primarily talk about them compared to other games of the genre. If you want threads about the games you like, make threads about them. I'm sure you're not the only one who's played some of them. 

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Even though the concepts of, "fault," and, "obligation," are not at all here, it has long been one of the weak points of this community to, in great majority, focus ALL (or almost all) discussion on nation-building and -managing games to a single company (and not even a company that pioneered the genre), specifically setting up thread titles and poll options to exclude all possible discussion of those games of other companies, and often utterly ignoring, or ridiculing and stereotyping, all other companies' games, often when no familiarity is really had, or, as in a few cases, when experiences with the wrong game are quoted. There are many, many good nation-building and -managing strategy games out there, and I have a lot of insight into the genre as a whole, but am unable, even in polite or friendly conversation, to engage in it, because one company alone is monomaniacally focused, and everything else is de facto pushed out by a wall of non-responsiveness or derision. Of course, as I've said above, it is not a matter of, "fault," or, "obligation," and no one, "owes," anyone anything here, but it is irritating and very noticeable. I would find myself highly stymied if I were restricted to only one company in this genre. And I am merely stating this a negative observation of tenor - this is not a platform to start a fight.

Bro literally nobody cares. Just be quiet. You even saying something here is you wanting to start a fight. Let us talk about our game in peace please. If you want an Age of Empires topic go make one yourself.

We are comfortable with our game decision making. You are comfortable with yours. Enough said. 

Nothing else needs to be said. You've stated what you think about paradox games multiple times. We know it. The world knows your plight. You dont need to keep saying it. 

Why? Because spoiler alert: nobody cares. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Patine said:

Nobody SHOULD care about what you say. You, and others, always complain about my presentation of many issues - and I admit, it is often quite flawed. But yours is far worse, and the fact virtually no one calls you out shows something's wrong here - and that maybe the harsh, endless criticism of my conduct lacks true credibility. You, also, are a big part of the problems on these forums, and so is the general denial of that. YOU being the one to respond compounded the issue, which was only a minor, non-comital statement anyways. It's can only be the vilest of hypocrisy when it's you responding to me in these instances. Can't you see that? Of course not! You're @Pringles.

Nothing would've been said if you didn't say anything. Remember that 🙂 

18 minutes ago, Patine said:

Who said we were restricting ourselves? Paradox games are simply the most notable in the genre and we enjoy their games. That doesn't mean we're loyal stans ready to fight anyone who dares to talk smack about best company. Considering your aversion to anything mainstream, your qualms are not of any surprise. But you don't need to preach to us. We know other games exists. These are just the games everyone here plays and enjoys. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I wouldn't have responded so if wasn't you responding in your typical toxic way.

That's not what I'm talking about. You talking about Paradox in this thread started this. And you've sparked the response of me and others. Good job. 

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I wouldn't have responded so if wasn't you responding in your typical toxic way. Don't pretend you have a higher ground. Don't pretend YOU, specifically, EVER have a higher over ME. Of all those on this forum, YOU NEVER DO!

Also this reminds me of that moment in the Trump vs Biden debates when Trump says: "Don't ever use the word smart with me Joe..."

Don't Ever Use The Word Smart With Me | Know Your Meme

• Based 1

Just now, Patine said:

@Pringles This will only turn to another shit show, and both of us know it. I am disengaging from you in this particular conversation. Once brain-dead Trump memes are brought in inappropriately and disingenuously, no good of come of any further discussion, here.

No good came of it to begin with, but thank you. 

2 hours ago, Pringles said:

Bro literally nobody cares. Just be quiet. You even saying something here is you wanting to start a fight. Let us talk about our game in peace please. If you want an Age of Empires topic go make one yourself.

We are comfortable with our game decision making. You are comfortable with yours. Enough said. 

Nothing else needs to be said. You've stated what you think about paradox games multiple times. We know it. The world knows your plight. You dont need to keep saying it. 

Why? Because spoiler alert: nobody cares. 

Just block him.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Nobody SHOULD care about what you say. You, and others, always complain about my presentation of many issues - and I admit, it is often quite flawed. But yours is far worse, and the fact virtually no one calls you out shows something's wrong here - and that maybe the harsh, endless criticism of my conduct lacks true credibility. You, also, are a big part of the problems on these forums, and so is the general denial of that. YOU being the one to respond compounded the issue, which was only a minor, non-comital statement anyways. It's can only be the vilest of hypocrisy when it's you responding to me in these instances. Can't you see that? Of course not! You're @Pringles.

Just block him.

I don't understand why neither of you can just block the other person and move on with your lives.  It isn't hard to do, rather than turning every thread into this.

• Based 1

On 2/8/2022 at 5:37 AM, Cal said:

I am beyond excited to begin my first campaign with the DLC tomorrow. I have decided on doing a The Last Karling run where I play mostly tall after migrating to Northern Africa, melding the French and Berber cultures into a cultural union, and converting to Judaism and reforming the religion to be war-mongering. 

What a fun game. 

I was about to buy it

Then comments saying that it's good but too high cost prevented me from buying

• Like 1
  • Agree 2