The Political Lounge

What are your favorite dipping sauces?

Rezi

What are your favorite dipping sauces?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite dipping sauces?

2 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Cope Wintergreen and Stokers Wintergreen are my favorites. Also liked Red Man if I wanted something straight that was good but I won't chew it once they change the label.

stokerswg.jpg.860a0df175af1280f33dadd4e9224b24.jpgcopewg.jpg.3af732230a73cf8c5db86e1fa221f851.jpgredmandip.png.14c49b1987d4db2ad20089b3e2cbd4ae.png

I remember in school when people thought it was cool to take slim Jim's and chew them up and treat them like they have actual dip in their mouth lmao.

Jokes aside. I could never actually do chewing tobacco... I want to keep my teeth in tact. But once or twice wouldnt hurt. 😛

I'll do cigars and whiskey with you any day though. 😛

• Based 1

16 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I remember in school when people thought it was cool to take slim Jim's and chew them up and treat them like they have actual dip in their mouth lmao.

Jokes aside. I could never actually do chewing tobacco... I want to keep my teeth in tact. But once or twice wouldnt hurt. 😛

Bourbon is the way to go (and before someone says it, no it is not the same as Whisky). A glass of Buffalo Trace and a Cuban!

• Based 2

5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Bourbon is the way to go (and before someone says it, no it is not the same as Whisky). A glass of Buffalo Trace and a Cuban!

Either or. Fine by me. 😛

33 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Dip is good. I definitely don’t do it everyday. I treat it like ice cream. I love the flavors but I don’t want my gums recessed so I moderate my intake.

I enjoy nicotine. I don’t do other drugs or get drunk because my lifestyle requires me to have full control of my mental faculties for most parts of the day. Nicotine is great though because it focuses the mind. I’d even slap on a nicotine patch or chew on a cinnamon nicotine toothpick at work while filling out paperwork. 

Dip is the most habit forming though. I’ve had three cans recently and it’s the only product I’m starting to grow a craving for so I’m giving it up for a couple weeks to slow it down. Everything else (cigars, pipes, etc., I don’t smoke cigarettes and don’t do nasal snuff besides once in a blue moon) I’m fine with. I went on vacation in Hawaii for two weeks where I couldn’t smoke or buy dip or other products easily and was completely fine. I would try it just to try it but don’t do more than a few cans in a short period if you don’t want to be hooked on it.

In high school my shop teacher was a chad and didn’t give a shit about us dipping as long as we weren’t super obvious about it and didn’t spit in the trash or floor. He’d even dip with us when it was just a few of us. 

59 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Dip is good. I definitely don’t do it everyday. I treat it like ice cream. I love the flavors but I don’t want my gums recessed so I moderate my intake.

I enjoy nicotine. I don’t do other drugs or get drunk because my lifestyle requires me to have full control of my mental faculties for most parts of the day. Nicotine is great though because it focuses the mind. I’d even slap on a nicotine patch or chew on a cinnamon nicotine toothpick at work while filling out paperwork. 

Dip is the most habit forming though. I’ve had three cans recently and it’s the only product I’m starting to grow a craving for so I’m giving it up for a couple weeks to slow it down. Everything else (cigars, pipes, etc., I don’t smoke cigarettes and don’t do nasal snuff besides once in a blue moon) I’m fine with. I went on vacation in Hawaii for two weeks where I couldn’t smoke or buy dip or other products easily and was completely fine. I would try it just to try it but don’t do more than a few cans in a short period if you don’t want to be hooked on it.

In high school my shop teacher was a chad and didn’t give a shit about us dipping as long as we weren’t super obvious about it and didn’t spit in the trash or floor. He’d even dip with us when it was just a few of us. 

Omg my weightlifting teachers in High School had a hidden stash of dip in his office. Good times 😂😂 Mans didnt give AF.

You got that Patrick Bateman lifestyle. Based. 😎

And yeah, I largely am with you on your points. I've only had dip once or twice. 

Drinking runs in the family but I dont do it much either. Everything in moderation is key. 😛

Edited by Pringles
  • Based 1

1 hour ago, DakotaHale said:

My great grandmother was a great fan of chewing tobacco. My grandfather would every now and then tell the story of how she was so angered by his enlisting in the marine corps that she spit out her tobacco onto his enlistment papers. We still have the documents from his service and indeed there is a giant black stain across it.

Personally, I could not fathom touching the touch. I don't smoke anything (never have, never will). I avoid nicotine and other drugs like the plague. But when it comes to whiskey and liquor, I'm listening. And when you bring out the wine, well my goose is cooked.

• Based 3

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

Omg my weightlifting teachers in High School had a hidden stash of dip in his office. Good times 😂😂 Mans didnt give AF.

You got that Patrick Bateman lifestyle. Based. 😎

And yeah, I largely am with you on your points. I've only had dip once or twice. 

Drinking runs in the family but I dont do it much either. Everything in moderation is key. 😛

One dude at my work dips in front of everyone and doesn’t give a shit. He has 3 PHDs, no one’s gonna tell him what to do.

But yeah I’d say do a can of Cope Wintergreen and see how you feel. I know a guy who did two cans a day and one his teeth are fucked. I only do like half a sleeve (5 cans) a month during the winter (when it’s too cold to smoke) so I don’t have that problem. I have really good teeth. I brush 2-3 times a day, and use mouth wash and Crest 3D white strips (but I don’t use them religiously; I only put them in for 30 mins instead of an hour and drink whiskey and shit with them in, they work though). I don’t floss for shit though and I’ll admit that right now. 

• Based 1

1 minute ago, Dobs said:

My great grandmother was a great fan of chewing tobacco. My grandfather would every now and then tell the story of how she was so angered by his enlisting in the marine corps that she spit out her tobacco onto his enlistment papers. We still have the documents from his service and indeed there is a giant black stain across it.

Personally, I could not fathom touching the touch. I don't smoke anything (never have, never will). I avoid nicotine and other drugs like the plague. But when it comes to whiskey and liquor, I'm listening. And when you bring out the wine, well my goose is cooked.

Based and I can respect that pilled. I do hope you come around to enjoying a cigar with the boys once a month or so though. It’s definitely an experience and the best conversations I’ve ever had were over cigars.

If you would like some FDA studies on cigar use (in short: smoking 1 cigar a day without inhaling (most people don’t inhale; you’re not supposed to. It’s for flavor — it’s similar to wine/note tasting) is similar rates of cancer to non smokers, with only a meagre 2% higher risk of mouth/lung cancers I believe). But don’t let me pressure you. Temperance is a virtue in Christianity and moderating your vices  and avoiding them becoming dependencies/idols is extremely based. I know pastors who smoke cigars. Smoking isn’t a sin, but anything indulged in excessively is a sin. Jesus drank wine, but wasn’t a drunk and so on. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

One dude at my work dips in front of everyone and doesn’t give a shit. He has 3 PHDs, no one’s gonna tell him what to do.

But yeah I’d say do a can of Cope Wintergreen and see how you feel. I know a guy who did two cans a day and one his teeth are fucked. I only do like half a sleeve (5 cans) a month during the winter (when it’s too cold to smoke) so I don’t have that problem. I have really good teeth. I brush 2-3 times a day, and use mouth wash and Crest 3D white strips (but I don’t use them religiously; I only put them in for 30 mins instead of an hour and drink whiskey and shit with them in, they work though). I don’t floss for shit though and I’ll admit that right now. 

I'll definitely try some when I can get my hands on it. And yeah. I'm a teeth brushing man and i use a lotta mouthwash, etc. But I too, dont floss worth shit. 

However. I do floss 1 of my teeth regularly because I have a special tooth on the front that got chipped when I was in high school. It was basically a half tooth. Split right down the middle. 

So I went to the dentist and basically my 3rd tooth in the top front is 30% fake/filling. 😛

I have to floss it regularly to keep shit from getting through the filling. 

Although I probably dont do it as much as I should...

Based and I can respect that pilled. I do hope you come around to enjoying a cigar with the boys once a month or so though. It’s definitely an experience and the best conversations I’ve ever had were over cigars.

If you would like some FDA studies on cigar use (in short: smoking 1 cigar a day without inhaling (most people don’t inhale; you’re not supposed to. It’s for flavor — it’s similar to wine/note tasting) is similar rates of cancer to non smokers, with only a meagre 2% higher risk of mouth/lung cancers I believe). But don’t let me pressure you. Temperance is a virtue in Christianity and moderating your vices  and avoiding them becoming dependencies/idols is extremely based. I know pastors who smoke cigars. Smoking isn’t a sin, but anything indulged in excessively is a sin. Jesus drank wine, but wasn’t a drunk and so on. 

This is why I am pro-cigar. Fuck cigarettes. 😎

• Based 1

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Bourbon must be made in Kentucky, otherwise it is counterfeit (or simply just Whisky)

Yes but you said bourbon isn’t whiskey. In my eyes, bourbon is a whiskey, just made in Kentucky.

Fun factoid for those not that into whiskey: there’s a difference between whisky and whiskey. They’re not interchangeable. But for the most part here’s how it goes:

Whiskey comes from any country that has an “E” in the name. IrEland whiskey (Irish) is Whiskey. AmErican Whiskey (bourbon) is whiskey.

Whisky (no E) comes from countries without an “E” in the name. Scottish whisky (Scotch) is whisky. Japan whisky is whisky. But I’m sure most of you already knew that.

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

This is why I am pro-cigar. Fuck cigarettes. 😎

I will admit that I have a pack of Lucky Strike non-filtereds that I smoke once in a blue moon (I’ve only smoked a single pack of cigarettes in my life; they taste like shit but they’re very aesthetic and I only smoke them when I’m stressed. Luckily I’ve been stress-free for the past year or so).

I will admit that I have a pack of Lucky Strike non-filtereds that I smoke once in a blue moon (I’ve only smoked a single pack of cigarettes in my life; they taste like shit but they’re very aesthetic and I only smoke them when I’m stressed. Luckily I’ve been stress-free for the past year or so).

Based. I got a guy that I know. Old. Hard working man. Clint Eastwood kinda guy. Hes a construction worker I believe. 

Anyways, he comes in the supermarket once a week or so to get his Camel Nonfilters.

Looks great. Works a million times harder than me. And hes probably 60 years old lmao. Maybe 50s.

• Based 1

1 minute ago, DakotaHale said:

Also when’s the group cigar/whiskey meetup???? (We can get a bubble gum stogie for Dobs)

Let me turn 21 and finish school, get out of the house and I'll meet up anywhere. 😎

• Based 1

6 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Yes but you said bourbon isn’t whiskey. In my eyes, bourbon is a whiskey, just made in Kentucky.

Fun factoid for those not that into whiskey: there’s a difference between whisky and whiskey. They’re not interchangeable. But for the most part here’s how it goes:

Whiskey comes from any country that has an “E” in the name. IrEland whiskey (Irish) is Whiskey. AmErican Whiskey (bourbon) is whiskey.

Whisky (no E) comes from countries without an “E” in the name. Scottish whisky (Scotch) is whisky. Japan whisky is whisky. But I’m sure most of you already knew that.

Structurally, bourbon is a type of whiskey.

Product-wise, it is distinct (and that’s the key).

• Based 1

4 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Based. I got a guy that I know. Old. Hard working man. Clint Eastwood kinda guy. Hes a construction worker I believe. 

Anyways, he comes in the supermarket once a week or so to get his Camel Nonfilters.

Looks great. Works a million times harder than me. And hes probably 60 years old lmao. Maybe 50s.

If I didn’t love my current job and the people on it I really want to go back to ripping cigs on a work site. Good money but hard and honest work. Roofing was the gig for me. Residential and commercial mostly, but the best job we ever had was sealing a roof for a municipal building and three of us got paid $2000 split between us three for 45 minutes of work (they basically asked us how much we wanted and we ran with it lmao, always good to get my tax dollars back). But we fucked up pouring the sealant and accidentally poured some down the side of the building and had to spend another 1hr scraping it off but that’s the best job I ever had.