The Political Lounge

What are your favorite dipping sauces?

Rezi

What are your favorite dipping sauces?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite dipping sauces?

5 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Also @Dobs (and the rest of you) do you prefer a sweet or dry wine? I love Cabernet Sauvignon (mostly paired with a ribeye, but also on its own) and drier shit bc I’m a nerd. I also drink Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay on its own when I want a white. 

The answer is always yes when it comes to wine.

But I do prefer Spanish Cabernets, Italian Chiantis, and French Merlots. As you can see I lean heavily red. Pairing with a steak (or other red meat dishes) is always a no-fail idea. 

Further, I have considered trying a cigar, never really had the occasion for it. I just have such an aversion to smoking that I never have, but I should make clear that I do not view cigars the same way I view all the other tobacco related products, I very much respect and would probably enjoy a Cigar.

• Based 1

Just now, Dobs said:

The answer is always yes when it comes to wine.

But I do prefer Spanish Cabernets, Italian Chiantis, and French Merlots. As you can see I lean heavily red. Pairing with a steak (or other red meat dishes) is always a no-fail idea. 

Further, I have considered trying a cigar, never really had the occasion for it. I just have such an aversion to smoking that I never have, but I should make clear that I do not view cigars the same way I view all the other tobacco related products, I very much respect and would probably enjoy a Cigar.

Based take. I think everyone should have their own version of a cigar. Something slightly edgy that you look forward to at the end of the day that de-stresses and relaxes the mind and forces you to slow down. 

@jvikings1, you mentioned Cubans? What do you like? I’ve had a Cohiba (just the robusto, but I want to try the Siglo and Behike at some point), but my favorite Cuban is the Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No. 2, which is surprising because I usually smoke maduros and it’s not a very expensive cigar (for a Cuban).

My favorite all-time cigars are the Padron 1926 and Padron 50th Anniversary (natural and maduro, they’re equally good). I just love Padrons, but they’re like $35 so I can’t smoke them all the time. I don’t celebrate my birthday but I usually smoke one for my birthday (I guess that’s a celebration in a way lol).

3 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Based take. I think everyone should have their own version of a cigar. Something slightly edgy that you look forward to at the end of the day that de-stresses and relaxes the mind and forces you to slow down. 

Music takes that role in my life in many ways. I always end the day listening to my music and trying to grasp greater meaning out of it or just become more well-versed in Americana in general. The Pop Culture of the 20th (and lesser degree 21st) century is of great interest to me as a study topic.

I don't have a glass of wine every evening but I try to have one with dinner when it calls for it.

• Based 1

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

The only recreational psychotropic drug/chemical I knowingly and willingly consume is caffeine - and only in hot drink form. Even though this still doesn't match up to hardcore Muslim or Mormon doctrinal purity (can you imagine?), I have no temptations to even delve further into, "chemical bliss," to be honest.

I usually snort mine to save five minutes in the morning. Time is money #SigmaGrindset 

• Based 1

16 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

@jvikings1, you mentioned Cubans? What do you like? I’ve had a Cohiba (just the robusto, but I want to try the Siglo and Behike at some point), but my favorite Cuban is the Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No. 2, which is surprising because I usually smoke maduros and it’s not a very expensive cigar (for a Cuban).

My favorite all-time cigars are the Padron 1926 and Padron 50th Anniversary (natural and maduro, they’re equally good). I just love Padrons, but they’re like $35 so I can’t smoke them all the time. I don’t celebrate my birthday but I usually smoke one for my birthday (I guess that’s a celebration in a way lol).

The only times I've puffed on a cigar is with my college buddies (who were always responsible for picking them up), so I am not sure what kinds they like to get. But I will have to ask for future reference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

If I didn’t love my current job and the people on it I really want to go back to ripping cigs on a work site. Good money but hard and honest work. Roofing was the gig for me. Residential and commercial mostly, but the best job we ever had was sealing a roof for a municipal building and three of us got paid $2000 split between us three for 45 minutes of work (they basically asked us how much we wanted and we ran with it lmao, always good to get my tax dollars back). But we fucked up pouring the sealant and accidentally poured some down the side of the building and had to spend another 1hr scraping it off but that’s the best job I ever had. 

I think my limit is house renovation/building houses. I could do roofs but I have a bad fear of heights. (Obviously it depends on the house.) Summers of 2019 and 2020 I'd do some home renovating with a friends business on the side. Good money. 

Had to help one of my friends in 2020 cause his house burned down actually. Put blood, sweat and tears into what their new house is now. Fixed it up real nice. Makes me feel extra special when I go visit em' 😛 

• Based 1

On 2/23/2022 at 12:52 AM, Pringles said:

I think my limit is house renovation/building houses. I could do roofs but I have a bad fear of heights. (Obviously it depends on the house.) Summers of 2019 and 2020 I'd do some home renovating with a friends business on the side. Good money. 

Had to help one of my friends in 2020 cause his house burned down actually. Put blood, sweat and tears into what their new house is now. Fixed it up real nice. Makes me feel extra special when I go visit em' 😛 

I actually have a slight fear of heights too ironically lmao. Climbing ladders is my least favorite part of the job, but the money made it worth it.

• Agree 1