The Political Lounge

Post Your Super Bowl Predictions

vcczar

This is such a weird Super Bowl. I just noticed that Matthew Stafford led the league in interceptions and pick sixes, while Joe Burrow led the league in getting sacked and losing yards to sacks! Has there ever been a SB with both QBs leading in these categories? 

I think the Rams win something like 41-17, mainly because CIN offensive line is not going to be able to stop Aaron Donald. While Stafford led with 17 INTs, having that many INTS in a 17 game season is actually not too terrible. That's 1 INT a game. Burrow is averaging getting sacked 3 times a game. 

The main difference is that I see the Rams defense clearly getting more than 3 sacks, while I don't think CIN defensive backs will necessarily get more than 1 INT. 

I think we know who the winner is likely going to be by halftime. 

I should say, I don't really care who wins. If the Bengals win then I am happy that they finally win a SB, if the Rams win then I can say that someone that went to my high school (Stafford) won a SB. So I'm happy either way it goes. My team is the Dallas Cowboys. If they lose, I then go for the team that's from where I live (Philadelphia Eagles now). I then always have two favorite AFC team's: One good team (Bills) and one underdog team (Browns). They're all out so I don't care too much who wins. 

• Like 1

Both QBs are prone to turnovers which can make it difficult. Though I expect a 7-8 point win by the Rams after a late score by the Bengals. After seeing what the Titans d-line did to the Bengals, they will have a lot of trouble with Donald (and the rest of the Rams d-line).

I think the Rams win because the Bengals' poor OLine play finally catches up to them, like it probably should have against the Titans (And would have if they have any QB other than Ryan Tannehill). Personally Rooting for the Rams because of Matthew Stafford, but I have hang-ups with both teams winning. Since I'm a Browns fan I can't root for the Bengals (Divisional Rival), and I don't like the fact that OBJ would get a Super Bowl, but I'm willing to put that aside for Matthew Stafford.

41 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I should say, I don't really care who wins. If the Bengals win then I am happy that they finally win a SB, if the Rams win then I can say that someone that went to my high school (Stafford) won a SB. So I'm happy either way it goes.

Same, except for the part that Stafford did not go to my high school.

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

And yes Evan McPherson sends them to victory 😛 

Did you see that the NFL is hosting a game in Munich, Germany next season? I don’t know how far that is from you, but I believe it’s the first time a game will be played on continental Europe.

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Did you see that the NFL is hosting a game in Munich, Germany next season? I don’t know how far that is from you, but I believe it’s the first time a game will be played on continental Europe.

Yep I have heard about this. It's about 4 hours from here and yes I believe as well that it will be the first game on continental Europe. I know they have already played in the UK but that's it I guess.

19 minutes ago, Patine said:

There were four pro athletes that were alumni of my high school. They were all NHL hockey players.

My high school has probably had at least a dozen players drafted by MLB teams, but I'm only aware of one who ever made it to the majors (in the early 1900s). We had an NFL offensive lineman who played 11 seasons, too. Not aware of any players going pro from other sports.

The only notable sports players to come from my high school were an NHL Player, and a 2-time NCAA Wrestling Champion who has represented the US on a national level multiple times (including a few golds) and nearly made the Olympics. I actually took a few classes with his brother, who also wrestles in the NCAA, though he isn't quite as good. I'm pretty sure the two of them hold a couple NYS Wrestling Records. The younger brother I believe won 5 state championship titles.

Edited by Rezi

42 minutes ago, Rezi said:

The only notable sports players to come from my high school were an NHL Player, and a 2-time NCAA Wrestling Champion who has represented the US on a national level multiple times (including a few golds) and nearly made the Olympics. I actually took a few classes with his brother, who also wrestles in the NCAA, though he isn't quite as good. I'm pretty sure the two of them hold a couple NYS Wrestling Records. The younger brother I believe won 5 state championship titles.

The most famous person from my high school is Chris Holtmann, Ohio State’s basketball coach

7 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Good game. First half was some of the best SB play I’ve seen in recent memory. I did pretty good bet wise

F3218221-1231-4E5B-8A42-E6E08192C150.jpeg.b760741a22389713b6fe74034acab195.jpeg

Hot take: The Bengals won't make the playoffs next year. They way overachieved this year, and while they have some really good pieces (primarily Burrow and Chase), they still haven't properly built around them. Combine that with the league "figuring them out" and they'll fall off, end up at a disappointing 8-9 or 9-8, and have some introspection to do next offseason. There's also the chance that Burrow gets killed (like he almost did tonight) if they don't improve that O-Line and quick.

Just now, Rezi said:

Hot take: The Bengals won't make the playoffs next year. They way overachieved this year, and while they have some really good pieces (primarily Burrow and Chase), they still haven't properly built around them. Combine that with the league "figuring them out" and they'll fall off, end up at a disappointing 8-9 or 9-8, and have some introspection to do next offseason. There's also the chance that Burrow gets killed (like he almost did tonight) if they don't improve that O-Line and quick.

Absolutely the O line is the biggest problem but it’s an easy fix. Fix that and they’ll be division contenders at least for the next 6 years. 

8 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Absolutely the O line is the biggest problem but it’s an easy fix. Fix that and they’ll be division contenders at least for the next 6 years. 

O-line is more difficult than you think. The Vikings have been trying to fix their line for a few years now and it is still a work in progress. Unless you can spend to bring in a big free agent, draft can be so hit and miss (especially with them picking at the end of the 1st round).

19 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Good game. First half was some of the best SB play I’ve seen in recent memory. I did pretty good bet wise

F3218221-1231-4E5B-8A42-E6E08192C150.jpeg.b760741a22389713b6fe74034acab195.jpeg

That was a bad call, but the Bengals scored a touchdown on a blatant missed offensive PI/facemask. In the end, it balanced out.

• Agree 2