18. George W Bush
  19. Pete Buttigieg
  20. Nikki Haley
  21. Elizabeth Dole
  22. Marco Rubio
  23. Dick Cheney
  24. Dick Lugar
  25. Bobby Jindal

Top 25 21st century politicians by draft value. If you notice some people scored lower in historical value than draft value, it means they didn't really meet their draft value. For instance, Christine Todd Whitman is the #7 best 21st century rookie politician; however, she's not even in the top 25 historically. Therefore, she has a lot of potential but is historically a bust. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is a top 25 historical 21st century politician, but she wasn't among the best draftable politicians. That is, she exceeded her expectations based off her abilities and flaws.:

1. Barack Obama
  2. Newt Gingrich
  3. Dick Lugar
  4. Lindsey Graham
  5. Ted Cruz
  6. John McCain
  7. Christine Todd Whitman
  8. Ted Kennedy
  9. Tom Cotton
  10. Bernie Sanders
  11. Donald Rumsfeld
  12. Andrew Cuomo
  13. George W Bush
  14. Elizabeth Warren
  15. John Kerry
  16. Bill Clinton
  17. Tommy Thompson
  18. Bobby Jindal
  19. Rick Perry
  20. Sam Brownback
  21. Howard Dean
  22. Tom Vilsack
  23. Nikki Haley
  24. Mitch McConnell
  25. Tom Ridge
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Why is Lindsay Graham so high on both lists?

Long senate career, combined with a semi-notable presidential run, and being a perennial rumor candidate for Secy of Defense could explain why his in game stats are so high, but I'm struggling to recall anything of note he's done within his career that would make me call him a top 5 politician irl.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Why is Lindsay Graham so high on both lists?

14 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Long senate career, combined with a semi-notable presidential run, and being a perennial rumor candidate for Secy of Defense could explain why his in game stats are so high, but I'm struggling to recall anything of note he's done within his career that would make me call him a top 5 politician irl.

@DakotaHale

Yeah. Most of a player's value comes from if they have Command, Legislative, Governing, Military, Judicial, and Administrative ability. To get command, a politician has to have run for president or been strongly considered a likely candidate. For legislative, they need to have served in the legislative. Governing, governor or mayor or Lt Gov. Military, have served as a mil officer. Judicial, have been a judge. Administrative, have served as a cabinet or cabinet-level officer at the federal or state level. 

Graham is so high because of command (has the most value since it is required to run for president), legislative, military. He might have judicial. I'd have to look. I gave him administrative mainly because he's often mentioned for Sec of Defense every time a Republican administration is speculated. Basically, versatile politicians will have higher value. For instance, Donald Trump's value is quite low -- He's got 2 command and 1 governing, the latter for being a strong possible mayor or governor of NY in the 1980s and 1990s. I gave him 2 command just to make him worth drafting, but that's usually reserved for two term presidents. His historical value is 4 command and 1 governing. He also has a lot of great traits, but also bad traits. A mixed bag. His expertise is limited to business and housing. Basically, he isn't really a good politician to have outside of running for president. Graham is a better value because he can score you points in so many different areas.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Graham is so high because of command (has the most value since it is required to run for president), legislative, military. He might have judicial. I'd have to look.

Yeah Graham has judicial, he was a military judge - I added his number so I remember in particular.

• Thanks 1