Day light ravings poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. We should:

• A) Keep the system how it currently is, longer mornings in the winter
    • B) Standard Time all year round, always longer mornings
    • C) Daylight Savings Time all year round, always longer evenings
    • D) Other (please explain below)

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

You and jvikings1 must perceive the world, especially in terms of the passage of events, in a very unusual, aberrant, and tiny minority way. The measurement of time, as I said, is a social (as well as just as much scientific and mathematically, so not purely social) construct, but time as a concept is OBVIOUSLY present, by blatant empirical evidence - unless you have a strange and fringe (and highly distorted) perception of the world.

Ironic - Album on Imgur

• Haha 1

Just now, Patine said:

The second time you've used this gif file (your honour, I present exhibit A in my case for my indictment of an obnoxious practice I made several posts up), and, like the previous usage, the thing that is truly ironic is what you claim it is, but is something that works against your whole argument. It's time, not only for you to grow up, but to actually understand how the world REALLY works. You constantly sound like a fool, but treat your embarrassing gaffes as though they were, somehow, triumphs. A large number of your posts are downright cringeworthy, frankly.

bro all this started because you took me and J meming around seriously, take the blood pressure pills for God's sake.

Be A Good Boy John Bercow GIF - Be A Good Boy John Bercow Reaction -  Discover & Share GIFs

25 minutes ago, Patine said:

Missing the joke is very different than groaning at what one finds to be a pitiful attempt at humour. And self-righteous and derisive gif really need to end as a practice - they combine narcissism and immaturity in an odious mix that makes an absolute ass of everyone who indulges in the practice

This began as something that was both marginally believable and eyeroll-inducingly so.

I'm now beginning to wonder if you've ever gotten a single joke in your life.

Just now, Dobs said:

This began as something that was both marginally believable and eyeroll-inducingly so.

I'm now beginning to wonder if you've ever gotten a single joke in your life.

Time to send good old fashioned joke books in the mail lol

16 minutes ago, Patine said:

Except in matters of mathematics and physics, where absolutes are the norm. And I'm speaking in terms of mathematics and physics.

Even in Physics and mathematics, we only assume that our theorems and laws are absolutes. There very well may be contradictions to some of them that we haven't yet discovered. It is hard to say that anything is absolute because our knowledge is always growing, and what is fact one day may become false the next based on new discoveries.

Edited by Rezi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kitten said:

Ngl if anyone ever sent me a joke book in the mail I'd start dying of laughter lol

Just now, Cenzonico said:

Help me I'm back in 2017.

tracking yall down rn and mailing them

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Oh, there is humour I do very much appreciate. However, a lot of what is passed off as such on this forum is quite low-grade, as I see it (again, humour is subjective - I have said that numerous times, even if you and others here act as if a, "one size fits all," standard should apply).

I still hold you completely and totally responsible for your noxious behaviour and rotten attitude, even if certain others here wish to see considered blameless just because you're engaging with me (I consider those others to be enabler of toxic behaviour, and not true friends, in truth). I accept full responsibility for my behaviour - and am the ONLY one who has, here - despite a vicious, slanderous, and insulting lie by several posters that I, "never accept responsibility for what I do and just want to blame others." You, Pringles are a troublemaker and a troll - and have remained so stubbornly.

I am now logging out for a bit.

let's try some word association. 

first word

ambrosia

15 hours ago, Patine said:

As I've told Dobs and a few others, I do appreciate jokes and humour - if they're actually, you know, FUNNY. There are so many lame groaners passed off on this forum, for which I am blamed for not getting them, or laughing at them. The ones who constantly bomb with their limp so-called punchlines are the ones who really need to step up their game. Of course, humour is subjective. But what is not subjective is ridiculing and deriding me for finding someone else's, "joke," highly wanting, or even - at times - militantly denouncing for daring to say I don't it funny. Missing the joke is very different than groaning at what one finds to be a pitiful attempt at humour. And self-righteous and derisive gif really need to end as a practice - they combine narcissism and immaturity in an odious mix that makes an absolute ass of everyone who indulges in the practice

Humor is subjective though, so what you might not find funny, others might. There is no standard, no one's sense of humor is right and the only one that exists

• Like 1
  • Agree 1