Day light ravings poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. We should:

• A) Keep the system how it currently is, longer mornings in the winter
    • B) Standard Time all year round, always longer mornings
    • C) Daylight Savings Time all year round, always longer evenings
    • D) Other (please explain below)

23 hours ago, Patine said:

But I shouldn't be ridiculed and derided for not, "getting," or laughing at a something someone else finds funny, especially all to often self-righteously and in obnoxious ways, which is actually the core of my point.

You’ve accused people of being self-righteous twice in your last two posts, while being self-righteous.

If you don’t like a joke, that’s totally fine.  Just ignore it.  Hell, I ignore 95% of what’s posted on this forum and I’m one of the mods.  I just do the things on here that I enjoy, and if there’s something I don’t enjoy, I just ignore it and let other people enjoy that thing instead.  I don’t launch into endless lectures about how everybody here does everything wrong all of the freaking time.  If you want to know why you end up as the butt of the jokes here sometimes (regardless of whether they’re funny), this is the behavior that causes it.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Patine said:

Look, I admit (and have in the past) that I DO have a penchant for angry and self-righteous screeds. I am fully in acknowledgement of this, and that it does need working on, and is most difficult to deal with when I am angry or flustered, especially by coordinated dogpile tactics and spamming of obnoxious gif files. HOWEVER, there are others here who also have a real problem with self-righteousness, but refuse to see or admit it as a problem, have a backing of support and/or denial from a bunch of other posters, and, obviously, don't see it as an issue that needs addressing. Therein lies the real difference.

Do you think cars in the Pixar cars cinematic universe are affected by rising gas prices?

I’d assume they’d starve to death if they couldn’t afford gas. They clearly drink/eat gasoline since Flo’s V8 Cafe is a gas station. But then you have to ask yourself. How do they have gasoline? It’s a fossil fuel. There is no form of non mechanical life that we’ve seen. Cows are represented by tractors. Bugs are represented by Volkswagen beetles. So then how would there be dinosaurs? We do see plants such as grass, trees, etc.. So maybe they’re using a biofuel such as E85 by processing crops? But then you have to ask who built these cars that are capable of producing fuel by themselves? Is it similar to a Wall-E level human apocalypse? These cars experience emotions, so did Elon Musk go batshit with his neural link tech and place humans inside of these cars permanently? But if they did that, wouldn’t these “cars” have a recollection of that happening? What if these humanoid cars are really just humans trapped inside of cars in order to save themselves from the effects nuclear fallout? This seriously can’t be too farfetched given current world events. I can’t sleep at night with these unanswered questions.