The Political Lounge

Results of of 2016 Poll for AMPU Twitter

vcczar

Looks like you haven’t developed a right-wing audience. I hope that we have some more strong right-wing voices able to offer any potential constructive criticism. We have several conservatives playtesting and whatnot already, but it’s always good to have more eyes!

• Agree 2

Twitter already has a leftist bend anyways. But such an extreme bend probably does indicate a lack of conservative awareness (which makes sense if professors were the main driver behind the game). Targeting conservative gaming pages could be a way to address such a disparity.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Looks like you haven’t developed a right-wing audience. I hope that we have some more strong right-wing voices able to offer any potential constructive criticism. We have several conservatives playtesting and whatnot already, but it’s always good to have more eyes!

35 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Twitter already has a leftist bend anyways. But such an extreme bend probably does indicate a lack of conservative awareness (which makes sense if professors were the main driver behind the game). Targeting conservative gaming pages could be a way to address such a disparity.

Most of the donors came from Anthony's email list. I did mainly target professors but I targeted them from universities across the spectrum. Professors make up probably 20% of the donors. My friends make up probably 10% of the list, some of which are Libertarian. While my best friend is a Trump supporter, I don't think I have any other Trump supporting friends among my conservative friends. About 20% of that list are likely people I reach out to on Twitter who listed politics and games on their Twitter profile. 

52 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Most of the donors came from Anthony's email list. I did mainly target professors but I targeted them from universities across the spectrum. Professors make up probably 20% of the donors. My friends make up probably 10% of the list, some of which are Libertarian. While my best friend is a Trump supporter, I don't think I have any other Trump supporting friends among my conservative friends. About 20% of that list are likely people I reach out to on Twitter who listed politics and games on their Twitter profile. 

I would be interested to see a broader poll amongst backers, but that would likely be difficult. Chances are, the twitter poll might be skewed simply because those who were recruited from Twitter utilized the page and most of the backers are either not on Twitter or are not following the page.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, of course, the problem with that judgement, in this case, is that Trump is not classically right-wing, and Clinton is not classically left-wing. They're both unethical, corrupt, untrustworthy, and insincere Nixon-style candidates who molded (and even changed, flip-flopped, and left vague) large parts of their messages to wider appeal than they deserved. 2016 was NOT a contest between a right-wing and left-wing candidate, but between two crooks and con artists. It was a wretched election, and a betrayal of the voters, and CLEARLY displayed the failure of the two-party system and the rising penchant of the, "feel and react, not think," tendency in American voters for all to see.

Not really appropriate for this subforum. This is for AMPU, not general political discussion. Whatever your feelings on the topic are it's better left in the political subforum. 

• Thanks 1

Hey, I'm in this picture!

While the polls have definitely gone one way (left leaning) that you've been posting, I noticed a lot of the comments, especially on the original KS discussion, kinda trended the other way though, so I think it might balance out.  Like yeah, the polls results are left-leaning, but the engagement has seemed a bit right-leaning IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Hey, I'm in this picture!

While the polls have definitely gone one way (left leaning) that you've been posting, I noticed a lot of the comments, especially on the original KS discussion, kinda trended the other way though, so I think it might balance out.  Like yeah, the polls results are left-leaning, but the engagement has seemed a bit right-leaning IMO.

I totally agree—- from reading the Kickstarter forum and this, I thought the game was attracting a more conservative crowd. But you just never  know, a lot of things in this country are  split down the middle, this might be as well.

Just now, pman said:

I totally agree—- from reading the Kickstarter forum and this, I thought the game was attracting a more conservative crowd. But you just never  know, a lot of things in this country are  split down the middle, this might be as well.

Also from my statistics days can really just say "68 people isn't a big enough sample size to tell anything" but eh, I'm also not one reject data and then go by no data either.