The Political Lounge

Where things are made

vcczar

I’m curious how many of you routinely look at clothes, food, plates, etc that you buy to see what country or state they’re made in. 

i do it routinely. I’m be almost been compelled to do a census to see what % of household things are made in what nations. 

I don't pay attention to it at all, especially because it's not particularly true.

For something to be "Made In America" for example, only a tiny % of it has to have actually been processed in some manner within the US.  It can still be almost entirely constructed in China or wherever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I don't pay attention to it at all, especially because it's not particularly true.

For something to be "Made In America" for example, only a tiny % of it has to have actually been processed in some manner within the US.  It can still be almost entirely constructed in China or wherever.

Yeah, and even Japanese automobiles contain "made in US" parts sometimes. 

I mainly look at food stuffs and clothing for where they are made, more out of curiosity than for any other purpose. For instance, my shirt is made in Cambodia, my jacket in China, and this hat (that I never wear) that's near me is from Scotland. Stapler is from China. For whatever reason, I find that all interesting. 

• Like 1