The Political Lounge

Who wins 2022 US Senate Races?

vcczar

Who wins 2022 US Senate Races?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. AK - *Solid R*

• Lisa Murkowski - Independent R (Incumbent)
    • Kelly Tschibaka - Trump R
    • Al Gross - Independent D
  2. 2. AZ - *Tossup*

• Mark Kelly - D (incumbent)
    • Jim Lamon - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  3. 3. CO - *Likely D*

• Michael Bennet - D (incumbent)
    • Ron Hanks - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  4. 4. FL - *Leans-to-Likely R*

• Marco Rubio - R (incumbent)
    • Val Demings - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  5. 5. GA *Toss-up*

• Rev. Raphael Warnock - D (incumbent)
    • Herschel Walker - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  6. 6. MO *Likely-to-Solid R*

• Eric Schmitt - R (incumbent party) (currently leading GOP primary polling)
    • Lucas Kunce - D (currently leading Dem primary polling)
  7. 7. NV *tossup*

• Catherine Cortez Masto - D (incumbent)
    • Adam Laxalt - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  8. 8. NH *Lean D*

• Maggie Hassan - D (incumbent)
    • Donald Bolduc - R (leading GOP primary polling currently)
  9. 9. NC *Lean R*

• Ted Budd - R (Incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • Cheri Beasley - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  10. 10. OH *Lean R-to-Likely R*

• Mike Gibbons - R (incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • Tim Ryan - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  11. 11. PA *Tossup-to-tilt R*

• David McCormick - R (incumbent party) (leading GOP primary polling currently)
    • John Fetterman - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)
  12. 12. WI *Tossup-to-tilt R*

• Ron Johnson - R (incumbent)
    • Mandela Barnes - D (leading Dem primary polling currently)

8 hours ago, Rezi said:

A Vance-Whaley voter might be the most cursed thing I’ve heard all day

Whaley is a pro-business Democrat which I’m fine with. DeWine may still win me over if abortion becomes a big issue in the election.

• Based 1

19 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Vance won let’s goooooo

the Whaley Dem who won the gov primary looks great too. I hope she beats Dewine

Based (for DeWine)! I won't be supporting DeWine in the general. We will see if a conservative independent runs who I can support. If not, I don't know what I'll do (besides not voting DeWine).

12 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

He’s not terrible. I just like Whaley

Na, he's terrible stereotypical career politician. No principles, only power.

Edited by jvikings1

6 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Based (for DeWine)! I won't be supporting DeWine in the general. We will see if a conservative independent runs who I can support. If not, I don't know what I'll do (besides not voting DeWine).

Na, he's terrible stereotypical career politician. No principles, only power.

As an Ohio Democrat, I do have to praise DeWine for his leadership during the worst of the COVID pandemic.  He made the hard, unpopular choices despite the protests of his own party, and he's earned my respect for that.  

He's also specifically blamed Donald Trump for causing the insurrection at the Capitol.

As Republicans go, he's absolutely one of the good ones in my book.  That said, I would still be voting for Nan Whaley (who I know personally) -- if I wasn't moving out of state before the election takes place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

As an Ohio Democrat, I do have to praise DeWine for his leadership during the worst of the COVID pandemic.  He made the hard, unpopular choices despite the protests of his own party, and he's earned my respect for that.  

He's also specifically blamed Donald Trump for causing the insurrection at the Capitol.

As Republicans go, he's absolutely one of the good ones in my book.  That said, I would still be voting for Nan Whaley (who I know personally) -- if I wasn't moving out of state before the election takes place.

I wholeheartedly agree. I even contemplated donating to Dewine. 

However polls said hed win big and that he did. So I'm satisfied. Hes a great governor, and he'll easily be re-elected. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Yes, because completely alienating legislative leadership is great governance. Good luck with anything over his next term if he wins.

Lol. Sometimes everybody isn't gonna kowtow to wacko demands. Sometimes you ought to stand for something more than being a Trump suckup, or just saying no to everything.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Whaley is a pro-business Democrat which I’m fine with. DeWine may still win me over if abortion becomes a big issue in the election.

I would vote for both Vance and DeWine, but for each one rather unenthusiastically for different reasons. I think Vance is a political opportunist and he plays the Trump card too much for my personal taste. I liked Youngkin's approach here much more for example. When it comes to DeWine, well... I think he cared too much about being popular with the media during the early stages of the pandemic. However, as you say abortion for instance is a big issue for me, so I would vote for them both but not hyped up like I would have been for Youngkin. 

14 hours ago, Hestia said:

People could also argue the opposite - alienating the governor as legislature leaders isn't good form if you want the system to work.

The legislature wasn't the one who refused to bring the other body of government into the discussion, it was the governor. You reap what you sow.

14 hours ago, Pringles said:

Lol. Sometimes everybody isn't gonna kowtow to wacko demands. Sometimes you ought to stand for something more than being a Trump suckup, or just saying no to everything.

The separation of powers is kind of in the constitution. And what wacko demands are you referring to? Or do you just blindly throw that accusation out there because you want your guy to look good? This is legislative leadership (ie the establishment, not exactly people who put themselves out there typically).

Big win for Vance, although Dolan’s performance far surpassed my expectations. I don’t know if that’s a vindication of his unique campaign strategy (filling the trump-ambivalent lane which all other candidates neglected) or a damning indictment of the other candidates (Gaffe Gibbons, Robo-Timken, and Hothead Mandel).

Vance seems like the perfect candidate for Ohio, and definitely better than most of the other GOP choices. 

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.3a907796584a24fd0149d1c442a9380d.pngLooks like we got our first two Races to be out-of-date 😛

McCormick hasn't lost officially yet, but I'd say he has next to no shot at this point.

Update:

My predictions have aged pretty well so far to my surprise. Vance won comfortably (was fairly confident it would be him or Mandel, but my gut feeling was Vance and this was proven right). Oz has seemingly won at this point (gut told me Trump’s endorsement would clinch it), but by a far closer margin than I ever expected. Literally on track to be a less than 1,000 vote win. Will be fun to return to this and see how the rest of predictions age. Probably my most out there prediction is Murkowski losing reelection, but I could prove wrong on another race down the line. Perhaps I’ll get a 100% perfect guessing streak. Idk, will be fun to find out. This has been a very colorful primary season so far.