Jump to content
The Political Lounge

AMPU Historical Data


vcczar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm going to start posting all the historical legis props, pres actions, etc by Presidential Administration (and Continental Congresses). I think by organizing it this way, I can figure out if any proposals or whatever are needed for a specific time period.  I'm fixing a lot of things in the spreadsheets as I put these together. 

Below is the 1st Continental Congress time period. It only functioned for part of 1774, but I include the pre-Congressional events. This Congress was quite impotent, and so this period is well-covered, despite its sparseness. 

I'll post the 2nd Continental Congress when I finish that one. 

1st Continental Congress (1774)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor events):

  1. Committees of Correspondence - 1772

  2. Gaspee Affair - 1772

  3. Boston Tea Party - 1773

  4. Tea Act - 1773

  5. Declaration of Resolves - 1774

 

Legis Props:

  1. Boycott British Goods - 1774

  2. Petition the King to Repeal the Intolerable Acts - 1774

 

Pres Actions: 

*Not functional until post-Constitution*

 

SC Cases:

*Not functional until post-Constitution*

 

Warfare:

  1. No active war

 

New Gov Actions Available/Unavailable: 

*Not functional until Post-Independence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I think the biggest area of need here is historical legis prop for the years 1777-1780. If anyone finds any let me know. I'd like to get one more for each of these years, but no more than 4 or 5 total. 

 

2nd Continental Congress (1775-1781)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor events):

  1. Dunmore’s Proclamation - 1775

  2. Conciliatory Resolution - 1775

  3. Proclamation of Rebellion - 1775

  4. Restraining Acts - 1775

  5. Prohibitory Act - 1775

  6. Lexington and Concord - 1775

  7. Common Sense - 1776

  8. Virginia Declaration of Rights - 1776

  9. Conway Cabal - 1777

  10. Articles of Confederation - 1777

  11. Republic of Vermont Proclaimed - 1777

  12. Claim Vermont as a US territory - 1777

  13. Lafayette Arrives - 1777

  14. Culper Ring - 1778

  15. Alliance w/ France - 1778

  16. Von Steuben Arrives - 1778

  17. Carlisle Peace Commission - 1778

  18. Massachusetts Constitution - 1779

  19. Philipsburg Proclamation - 1779

  20. Treaty of Aranjuez - 1779

  21. Turncoat General - 1780

 

Legis Props: 

  1. Olive Branch Petition - 1775

  2. Declaration of Causes - 1775

  3. Invite Canada to Join Revolution - 1775

  4. Seek Alliance w/ Anti-British Native Tribes - 1775

  5. Establish Continental Army - 1775

  6. Establish Continental Navy - 1775

  7. Invade Canada as a Bargaining Chip - 1775

  8. Tory Act of 1776 - 1776

  9. Authorize Privateers to Fight British Navy - 1776

  10. Declaration of Independence - 1776

  11. Lee's Resolution - 1776

  12. Adopt a National Flag - 1777

  13. Create Minister to France - 1778

  14. Create Minister to Spain - 1779


SC Cases:

*Not functional yet

 

Warfare:

  1. Revolutionary War - 1774

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More "Tea Parties" happened. Philadelphia itself had a tea party (which didn't lead to destruction of tea, but the captain turned back to England), and Charleston had a tea party where they did destroy the tea.  

Random Events where more state legislatures are punished for defiance.

Random Events where royal governors are tarred/feathered and or chased out of their mansion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, IloveHistory48599022 said:

More "Tea Parties" happened. Philadelphia itself had a tea party (which didn't lead to destruction of tea, but the captain turned back to England), and Charleston had a tea party where they did destroy the tea.  

Random Events where more state legislatures are punished for defiance.

Random Events where royal governors are tarred/feathered and or chased out of their mansion 

These are kind of 2nd tier and 3rd tier events. I'm not looking for these. I'm actually quite set for scripted events. Might add more such as these after early release. 

What would be more helpful is if you have any knowledge or can research the needed area where I am requesting help. Basically, for this thread, if I don't purposely request something, then I'm probably not going to add the idea at this time. I appreciate your eagerness to help, nonetheless. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the Confederation Congress period. High-need area are historical legis props for the years 1781-1785. Let's say at least 1 more for each year for a total not exceeding 5. 

Confederation Congress (1781-1789)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor):

  1. Congress renamed Confederation Congress - 1781

  2. Dutch Recognize US - 1782

  3. Hero of the Revolution Resigns as C-in-Ch - 1783

  4. Treaty of Paris - 1783

  5. Treaty of Fort Stanwix - 1784

  6. British-supported Huron-led Confederacy Resists American Settlement of NW Territory - 1785

  7. Treaty of Hopewell - 1785

  8. Shays’ Rebellion - 1786

  9. Annapolis Convention - 1786

  10. Liberty Treaty w/ Spain - 1786

  11. Constitutional Convention - 1787

  12. Federalist Papers - 1787

  13. Anti-Federalist Papers - 1787

 

Legis Prop Activated:

  1. Establish Bank of North America - 1781

  2. Create Confederation Cabinet - 1783

  3. Land Ordinance of 1784 - 1784

  4. Privatize Bank of North America - 1785

  5. Create Minister to Great Britain - 1785

  6. Land Ordinance of 1785 - 1785

  7. Delaware Statehood - 1787

  8. Pennsylvania Statehood - 1787

  9. Northwest Ordinance - 1787

  10. Northwest Territory - 1787

  11. Connecticut Statehood - 1788

  12. Georgia Statehood - 1788

  13. Maryland Statehood - 1788

  14. Massachusetts Statehood - 1788

  15. New Hampshire Statehood - 1788

  16. New York Statehood - 1788

  17. Rhode Island Statehood - 1788

  18. South Carolina Statehood - 1788

  19. Virginia Statehood - 1788

 

SC Cases: 

*Not functional yet

 

Warfare:

  1. Rev War continued

  2. Rev War resolved - 1783

  3. NW Indian War begins - 1785

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's Washington's presidency. High need areas are historical legis props for years 1795 and 1796. Ideally, 4 total. It would also be helpful to find more historical presidential actions the Washington did as president. These would be things he did using the office of the presidency, such as executive actions or other executive branch policy. The presidency was weak in Washington's day, so it isn't required that I have more actions, but it might be nice from a playing standpoint. All suggestions must be historical please. 

 

George Washington (1st Pres: 1789-1797)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor)

  1. French Revolution - 1789

  2. Compromise of 1790 - 1790

  3. Quaker Petition to Abolish Slavery - 1790

  4. Cotton Textile Boom - 1790

  5. Manufacturing Appears - 1790

  6. Whiskey Rebellion - 1791

  7. Haitian Revolution - 1791

  8. Federalists are Formed - 1792

  9. Jeffersonian Republicans are Formed - 1792

  10. Buttonwood Agreement - 1792

  11. Citizen Genet Stirring Up Trouble - 1792

  12. Cotton Gin - 1793

  13. General Napoleon Bonaparte dominating Europe - 1794

  14. Tribute to Pirates - 1794

  15. Jay Treaty - 1794

  16. Pinckney’s Treaty - 1795

  17. First American Labor Union formed - 1796

 

Legis Props:

  1. Bill of Rights (Amendments I-X) - 1789

  2. Judiciary Act - 1789

  3. Territory West of Virginia (KY) - 1789

  4. Lighthouse Act - 1789

  5. Establish National Standing Army - 1789

  6. Hamilton Tariff I - 1789

  7. Funding Act - 1790

  8. Crimes Act of 1790 - 1790

  9. Southwest Territory (TN) - 1790

  10. Create District of Columbia - 1790

  11. Naturalization Act of 1790 - 1790

  12. Nonintercourse Act - 1790

  13. Hamilton Tariff II - 1790

  14. Establish Bank of the US - 1791

  15. Vermont Statehood - 1791

  16. Hamilton Tariff III - 1791

  17. Create Dept of Post Office - 1792

  18. Establish US Mint - 1792

  19. Kentucky Statehood - 1792

  20. Succession Act - 1792

  21. Militia Act - 1792

  22. Fugitive Slave Act - 1793

  23. Construct Standing Navy - 1794

  24. 11th Amendment - 1795

  25. Naturalization Act of 1795 - 1795

  26. Tennessee Statehood - 1796

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Abolish National Debt - 1788

  2. Institute Policy of “Civilizing” Native Americans in US Territory - 1795

 

SC Cases:

  1. Chisholm v. Georgia - 1793

  2. Hylton v. US - 1796

  3. Ware v. Hylton - 1796

 

Warfare:

  1. Continued NW Indian War

  2. Declares Neutrality in French Revolutionary Wars

  3. Resolves NW Indian War - 1795

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Pres Actions:

Executive Order/Policy on the War in Europe (Revolutionary France v. Britain) 
Policy A. Remain Neutral
Policy B. Endorse Britain/Monarchs
Policy C. Endorse France

More of a fun one, but Washington was the first president to proclaim Thanksgiving as a National Holiday (Congress didn't pass it until later on).
Yeah I'm out of ideas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Here's the Confederation Congress period. High-need area are historical legis props for the years 1781-1785. Let's say at least 1 more for each year for a total not exceeding 5. 

Confederation Congress (1781-1789)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor):

  1. Congress renamed Confederation Congress - 1781

  2. Dutch Recognize US - 1782

  3. Hero of the Revolution Resigns as C-in-Ch - 1783

  4. Treaty of Paris - 1783

  5. Treaty of Fort Stanwix - 1784

  6. British-supported Huron-led Confederacy Resists American Settlement of NW Territory - 1785

  7. Treaty of Hopewell - 1785

  8. Shays’ Rebellion - 1786

  9. Annapolis Convention - 1786

  10. Liberty Treaty w/ Spain - 1786

  11. Constitutional Convention - 1787

  12. Federalist Papers - 1787

  13. Anti-Federalist Papers - 1787

 

Legis Prop Activated:

  1. Establish Bank of North America - 1781

  2. Create Confederation Cabinet - 1783

  3. Land Ordinance of 1784 - 1784

  4. Privatize Bank of North America - 1785

  5. Create Minister to Great Britain - 1785

  6. Land Ordinance of 1785 - 1785

  7. Delaware Statehood - 1787

  8. Pennsylvania Statehood - 1787

  9. Northwest Ordinance - 1787

  10. Northwest Territory - 1787

  11. Connecticut Statehood - 1788

  12. Georgia Statehood - 1788

  13. Maryland Statehood - 1788

  14. Massachusetts Statehood - 1788

  15. New Hampshire Statehood - 1788

  16. New York Statehood - 1788

  17. Rhode Island Statehood - 1788

  18. South Carolina Statehood - 1788

  19. Virginia Statehood - 1788

 

SC Cases: 

*Not functional yet

 

Warfare:

  1. Rev War continued

  2. Rev War resolved - 1783

  3. NW Indian War begins - 1785

1782 : Passport Act: Secretary of Congress is empowered to grant letters of passport of safe passage and conduct for exportation of tobacco from Virginia to New York (early interstate commerce regulation) regulation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport_Act_of_1782 )

1783: Treaty of Amity and Commerce with Sweden: Opening commercial relations with Sweden, defining contraband and prohibited goods, highlighting neutrality for merchants in the event of war with a third party, and declaring peaceful - this could be expanded to being "Treaties of Amity and Commerce" without specifying the country because these were pretty standard treaties during the 1780s (https://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=llsl&fileName=008/llsl008.db&recNum=73)

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, IloveHistory48599022 said:

Executive Order/Policy on the War in Europe (Revolutionary France v. Britain) 
Policy A. Remain Neutral
Policy B. Endorse Britain/Monarchs
Policy C. Endorse France

More of a fun one, but Washington was the first president to proclaim Thanksgiving as a National Holiday (Congress didn't pass it until later on).
Yeah I'm out of ideas

Thanks. Your policy ideas are actually responses to the French Revolution scripted event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, IloveHistory48599022 said:

Executive Order/Policy on the War in Europe (Revolutionary France v. Britain) 
Policy A. Remain Neutral
Policy B. Endorse Britain/Monarchs
Policy C. Endorse France

More of a fun one, but Washington was the first president to proclaim Thanksgiving as a National Holiday (Congress didn't pass it until later on).
Yeah I'm out of ideas

I was actually just thinking about holidays today.  Ha.

1870: New Years Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day are all established as federal holidays
1880: Washington's birthday established as Federal holiday
1888:  Decoration Day (Memorial Day) established
1894: Labor Day
1938: Armistice Day (Veterans Day) to commemorate end of WW1
1954: Armistice Day becomes Veterans Day to cover all Veterans (especially the newer WWII and Korean Vets)
1968: Uniform Monday Holiday Act (establishing that government holidays should usually fall on Monday)
1968: Columbus Day
1983: MLK Day (though refused by some states until 2000)
2021: Juneteenth

@vcczar






 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's John Adams. I think what I need here are more historical pres actions for Adams. I could possibly use some historical legis props for the year 1799, but no more than two. 

 

John Adams (2nd Pres: 1796-1801)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor events):

  1. XYZ Affair - 1797

  2. Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions - 1798

  3. Fries’s Rebellion - 1799

  4. French Revolution Ends in French Victory - 1799

 

Legis Props:

  1. Department of the Navy - 1798

  2. Mississippi Territory - 1798

  3. Create the Marine Hospital Service - 1798

  4. Federal Aid for the Welfare of Disabled and Sick Mariners - 1798

  5. Naturalization Act of 1798 (An A&S Act) - 1798

  6. Alien Friends Act (An A&S Act) - 1798

  7. Alien Enemy Act (An A&S Act) - 1798

  8. Sedition Act (An A&S Act)  - 1798

  9. Library of Congress - 1800

  10. Indiana Territory - 1800

  11. Midnight Judges Act - 1801

  12. Deactivated the Alien Friends Act (An A&S Act) - 1800

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Establish Minister of Prussia - 1797

 

SC Cases:

  1. Calder v. Bull - 1798

 

Warfare:

  1. Quasi-War begins - 1798

  2. Quasi-War resolved - 1800

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here's John Adams. I think what I need here are more historical pres actions for Adams. I could possibly use some historical legis props for the year 1799, but no more than two. 

 

John Adams (2nd Pres: 1796-1801)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor events):

  1. XYZ Affair - 1797

  2. Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions - 1798

  3. Fries’s Rebellion - 1799

  4. French Revolution Ends in French Victory - 1799

 

Legis Props:

  1. Department of the Navy - 1798

  2. Mississippi Territory - 1798

  3. Create the Marine Hospital Service - 1798

  4. Federal Aid for the Welfare of Disabled and Sick Mariners - 1798

  5. Naturalization Act of 1798 (An A&S Act) - 1798

  6. Alien Friends Act (An A&S Act) - 1798

  7. Alien Enemy Act (An A&S Act) - 1798

  8. Sedition Act (An A&S Act)  - 1798

  9. Library of Congress - 1800

  10. Indiana Territory - 1800

  11. Midnight Judges Act - 1801

  12. Deactivated the Alien Friends Act (An A&S Act) - 1800

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Establish Minister of Prussia - 1797

 

SC Cases:

  1. Calder v. Bull - 1798

 

Warfare:

  1. Quasi-War begins - 1798

  2. Quasi-War resolved - 1800

It was unclear when Adams took office whether he was actually able to fire Washington's cabinet.  So he kept a cabinet that didn't particularly like him and had little power over them.  Maybe something about that?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

It was unclear when Adams took office whether he was actually able to fire Washington's cabinet.  So he kept a cabinet that didn't particularly like him and had little power over them.  Maybe something about that?  

Yeah, maybe he creates the action that allows Presidents to name their own cabinet. So until that happens, you have to inherit it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jefferson could use more historical pres actions. Legis props for 1802, 1804, 1805, and 1808 would be helpful as well. 

 

Thomas Jefferson (3rd Pres: 1801-1809)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor)

  1. Santee Canal Built - 1802

  2. Spain Restricts American Business in New Orleans - 1802

  3. Cotton Replaces Tobacco as Top Cash Crop - 1803

  4. Napoleonic War begins - 1803

  5. Louisiana Purchase - 1803

  6. Burr-Hamilton Duel - 1804

  7. Essex Junto - 1806

  8. Lewis & Clark Return - 1806

  9. Bribe France to Pressure Spain to sell Florida - 1806

  10. Burr Conspiracy - 1807

  11. Fulton’s Steamboat - 1807

  12. Impressment Continues - 1807

  13. Chesapeake-Leopard Affair - 1807

 

Legis Prop:

  1. Deactivates Sedition Act (an A&S Act) - 1801

  2. Repeals Midnight Judges Act - 1802

  3. Naturalization Act of 1802 - 1802

  4. Build US Military Academy - 1802

  5. Early Indian Removal - 1802

  6. 12th Amendment - 1803

  7. Ohio Statehood - 1803

  8. Land Act of 1804 - 1804

  9. Louisiana Territory - 1805

  10. Michigan Territory - 1805

  11. Gun Boat Navy - 1805

  12. National Road - 1806

  13. Increase SC Justices to 7 - 1807

  14. Insurrection Act - 1807

  15. Ban International Slave Trade - 1807

  16. Embargo UK - 1807

  17. Deactivate Embargo on UK - 1809

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Lewis & Clark Expedition - 1803

  2. Remove “Uncivilized” Tribes - 1804

  3. Establish Minister of Russia - 1808

  4. Treaty w/ Osage Tribe - 1808

 

SC Cases:

  1. Marbury v Madison - 1803

  2. Little v Barreme - 1804

 

Warfare:

  1. 1st Barbary War begins - 1801

  2. 1st Barbary War resolved - 1805

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Jefferson could use more historical pres actions. Legis props for 1802, 1804, 1805, and 1808 would be helpful as well. 

 

Thomas Jefferson (3rd Pres: 1801-1809)

 

Scripted Events (excluding flavor)

  1. Santee Canal Built - 1802

  2. Spain Restricts American Business in New Orleans - 1802

  3. Cotton Replaces Tobacco as Top Cash Crop - 1803

  4. Napoleonic War begins - 1803

  5. Louisiana Purchase - 1803

  6. Burr-Hamilton Duel - 1804

  7. Essex Junto - 1806

  8. Lewis & Clark Return - 1806

  9. Bribe France to Pressure Spain to sell Florida - 1806

  10. Burr Conspiracy - 1807

  11. Fulton’s Steamboat - 1807

  12. Impressment Continues - 1807

  13. Chesapeake-Leopard Affair - 1807

 

Legis Prop:

  1. Deactivates Sedition Act (an A&S Act) - 1801

  2. Repeals Midnight Judges Act - 1802

  3. Naturalization Act of 1802 - 1802

  4. Build US Military Academy - 1802

  5. Early Indian Removal - 1802

  6. 12th Amendment - 1803

  7. Ohio Statehood - 1803

  8. Land Act of 1804 - 1804

  9. Louisiana Territory - 1805

  10. Michigan Territory - 1805

  11. Gun Boat Navy - 1805

  12. National Road - 1806

  13. Increase SC Justices to 7 - 1807

  14. Insurrection Act - 1807

  15. Ban International Slave Trade - 1807

  16. Embargo UK - 1807

  17. Deactivate Embargo on UK - 1809

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Lewis & Clark Expedition - 1803

  2. Remove “Uncivilized” Tribes - 1804

  3. Establish Minister of Russia - 1808

  4. Treaty w/ Osage Tribe - 1808

 

SC Cases:

  1. Marbury v Madison - 1803

  2. Little v Barreme - 1804

 

Warfare:

  1. None

Didn't the Barbary Pirates demand payment to not attack American shipping?  It seems to me I remember that Washington & Adams paid some type of tribute money and Jefferson refused leading to the eventual Barbary Coast war??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Didn't the Barbary Pirates demand payment to not attack American shipping?  It seems to me I remember that Washington & Adams paid some type of tribute money and Jefferson refused leading to the eventual Barbary Coast war??

 

You're right. I just forgot to put the historical dates on the barbary war. I'll do that now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the very bellicose James Madison. He does have some high need areas. I need historical presidential actions for Madison. I need historical legis props for Madison's terms. Maybe as many as 8 or 10. I'm good otherwise. 

James Madison (4th Pres: 1809-1817)

Scripted Events (excluding flavor events):

  1. Middlesex Canal Built - 1809

  2. Wilkinson Affair - 1809

  3. Tecumseh’s Confederacy - 1810

  4. Republic of West Florida - 1810

  5. Latin American Nations Begins Independence Movements from Spain - 1810

  6. Creek Retaliate Against Settlers - 1813

  7. Hartford Convention - 1814

  8. Boston Associates - 1814

  9. Washington DC Captured and Burned - 1814

  10. Era of Good Feelings Begins - 1815

  11. Barbary Pirates Renew Attacks - 1815

  12. Napoleonic Wars End - 1815

  13. Seminoles Crossing Border to Attack Settlers - 1816

  14. Recharter US Bank - 1816

 

Legis Prop:

  1. Illinois Territory - 1809

  2. Bank of US deactivated - 1811

  3. Gunboat Navy Deactivated - 1812

  4. Missouri Territory - 1812

  5. Louisiana Statehood - 1812

  6. Indiana Statehood - 1816

  7. Dallas Tariff - 1816

 

Pres Actions: 

  1. n/a

 

SC Cases:

  1. Fletcher v. Peck - 1810

  2. Martin v. Hunter’s Lessee - 1816

 

Warfare:

  1. Tecumseh’s War begins - 1810

  2. War of 1812 begins - 1812

  3. Tecumseh’s War resolved - 1813

  4. Creek War begins - 1813

  5. Creek War resolved - 1814

  6. War of 1812 resolved - 1815

  7. 2nd Barbary War begins and is resolved - 1815

  8. 1st Seminole begins - 1816

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's Monroe. What a lucky, softball presidency, for the most part. Nevertheless, it would be nice to have maybe 4 more historical legis props for him. He needs some more historical pres actions, which will be hard because he was a do-nothing president in many ways. 

 

James Monroe (5th Pres: 1817-1825)

 

Scripted Events (excl: flavor)

  1. Era of Good Feelings continues - 1817

  2. Anti-Piracy Operations - 1817

  3. Rush-Bagot Treaty - 1817

  4. Pressure to remove more indiginous tribes grows - 1818

  5. Treaty of 1818 - 1818

  6. End of indentured servitude - 1819

  7. Panic of 1819 - 1819

  8. Adams-Onis Treaty - 1819

  9. Missouri Compromise - 1820

  10. American Colonization Society - 1821

  11. Spain loses Latin American possessions - 1821

  12. Greek War of Independence - 1821

  13. Arikara Attack Encroaching Fur Trappers - 1823

  14. AB Plot - 1823

  15. National Republicans form - 1824

 

Legis Prop:

  1. Alabama Territory - 1817

  2. Mississippi Statehood - 1817

  3. Illinois Statehood - 1818

  4. Military pensions for wounded and elderly vets - 1818

  5. Extend National Road to IL - 1819

  6. Arkansas Territory - 1819

  7. Alabama Statehood - 1819

  8. Maine Statehood (Missouri Compromise) - 1820

  9. Missouri Compromise Line (Missouri Compromise Line) - 1820

  10. Missouri Statehood - 1821

  11. Florida Territory - 1822

  12. Elevate PM Gen to cabinet - 1823

  13. Establish Bureau of Indian Affairs - 1824

  14. Sectional Tariff - 1824

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Monroe Doctrine - 1823

 

SC Cases:

  1. McCulloch v. Maryland - 1819

  2. Dartmouth College v. Woodward - 1819

  3. Cohens v. Virginia - 1821

  4. Johnson v. M’Intosh - 1823

  5. Gibbons v. Ogden - 1824

 

Warfare:

  1. 1st Seminole War continues and is resolved - 1819

  2. Arikara War begins and resolved - 1823

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's JQ Adams. Talk about a high-need presidency. Almost no accomplishment, primarily because Congress opposed everything he wanted to do. What I need most are historical legis props that passed during his presidency. I need like 7 or 8 legis props. I need some historical pres actions. I also need 1 historical SC case, whichever seems like the most historical or most interesting. JQ Adams is the great "what if" president because he has all sort of ideas that were never realized. 

 

John Quincy Adams (6th Pres: 1825-1829)

 

Scripted Pres: 

  1. Erie Canal Completed - 1825

  2. US Banking per Capita Twice that of Britain - 1825

  3. Congress of Panama - 1826

  4. Gold Discovered on Cherokee Lands - 1828

 

Legis Prop:

  1. Tariff of Abominations - 1828

 

Pres Actions: 

  1. n/a

 

SC Cases:

  1. n/a

 

Warfare:

  1. No warfare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here's JQ Adams. Talk about a high-need presidency. Almost no accomplishment, primarily because Congress opposed everything he wanted to do. What I need most are historical legis props that passed during his presidency. I need like 7 or 8 legis props. I need some historical pres actions. I also need 1 historical SC case, whichever seems like the most historical or most interesting. JQ Adams is the great "what if" president because he has all sort of ideas that were never realized. 

Potential Legis Props for the JQAdams Presidency (Not sure if any of these are legis props for other presidents, but they were ideas put forward during his presidency)

  1. Establishment of a National University
  2. Establishment of a National Observatory
  3. Establishing a national system of Weights/Measurements (Either metric or imperial). Apparently JQA was very fascinated with weighs and measurements.
  4. National Survey of the Eastern Coastline
  5. Naval expedition of the Pacific Ocean
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Potential Legis Props for the JQAdams Presidency (Not sure if any of these are legis props for other presidents, but they were ideas put forward during his presidency)

  1. Establishment of a National University
  2. Establishment of a National Observatory
  3. Establishing a national system of Weights/Measurements (Either metric or imperial). Apparently JQA was very fascinated with weighs and measurements.
  4. National Survey of the Eastern Coastline
  5. Naval expedition of the Pacific Ocean

I know about these. They’re in the game. I stated I’m looking for historical legis at this time that actually made it through congress. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I know about these. They’re in the game. I stated I’m looking for historical legis at this time that actually made it through congress. 

Wikipedia only lists 1 item, the Tariff of Abominations, as an accomplishment for the 19th and 20th Congress COMBINED.  *facepalm*

Edit:  And I don't just mean the abstract articles, I mean the actual list of federal legislation article, haha.

Edited by OrangeP47
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Wikipedia only lists 1 item, the Tariff of Abominations, as an accomplishment for the 19th and 20th Congress COMBINED.  *facepalm*

Edit:  And I don't just mean the abstract articles, I mean the actual list of federal legislation article, haha.

I found a few websites that have all legislation ever debated by Congress, but you can't search chronologically! You have to know the name or part of the name of the bill. (S. 1246, etc.). I'll find some things if no one else has the time to look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's Jackson, clearly the first president making full use of his presidential actions. It would be nice to have a few more historical legislation that was passed during his tenure. He's well-covered otherwise. 

 

Andrew Jackson (7th Pres: 1829-1837)

 

Scripted Events (excl: flavor): 

  1. Bank War - 1829

  2. Baltimore & Ohio RR - 1830

  3. Pressure Grows to Remove “Civilized” Tribes - 1830

  4. Nat Turner’s Rebellion - 1831

  5. Abolition Movement Begins - 1831

  6. US Exceeds Population of UK - 1831

  7. Nullification Crisis - 1832

  8. Frontier Militia Fires on Relocating Tribe Led by Black Hawk - 1832

  9. McCormick Reaper - 1833

  10. Whig Party formed - 1833

  11. Seminole Retaliate, Refusing to Vacate Florida - 1835

  12. Texas Revolution - 1835

 

Legis Props:

  1. Indian Removal Act - 1830

  2. Jackson-Adams Tariff - 1832

  3. Abolish Debtor’s Prisons - 1833

  4. Force Bill - 1833

  5. Compromise Tariff - 1833

  6. Indian Territory (Oklahoma) - 1834

  7. Ban Delivery of Abolitionist Material via US Post - 1835

  8. Arkansas Statehood - 1836

  9. Wisconsin Territory - 1836

  10. Gag Rule - 1836

 

Pres Actions:

  1. Enact Spoils System - 1829

  2. Enact Rotation in Office - 1829

  3. Advocate Universal Male Suffrage - 1829

  4. Treaties w/ Chippewa, Ottawa, and Potawatomi Tribes - 1829

  5. Treaties w/ Sioux, Sauk, and Fox Tribes - 1830

  6. Kitchen Cabinet - 1831

  7. Treaty and Remove Chickasaw Tribe - 1831

  8. Treaty and Remove Choctaw Tribe - 1831

  9. Treaty and Remove Seminole Tribe - 1832

  10. Weaken US Banks by Transferring Deposits to State Banks - 1833 

  11. Treaty and Remove Creek Tribe - 1834

  12. Specie Circular - 1836

  13. Treaty and Remove Cherokee Tribe - 1836

 

SC Cases:

  1. Worcester v. Georgia - 1832

  2. Barron v. Baltimore - 1833

 

Warfare:

  1. Black Hawk War begins and is resolved - 1832

  2. 2nd Seminole War begins - 1835

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I found a few websites that have all legislation ever debated by Congress, but you can't search chronologically! You have to know the name or part of the name of the bill. (S. 1246, etc.). I'll find some things if no one else has the time to look. 

https://www.congress.gov/search?q={"source"%3A"legislation"%2C"congress"%3A["19"%2C20]}

Had an idea.  Set this to filter by 19th and 20th congress, boom, though you still have to read 1200 things to decide if they're important.  I'll take a look too though and report back in a bit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...