The Political Lounge

HOI4 Tips

DakotaHale

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

IAre Road to 56 and Millenium Dawn good? What mods do you guys use?

Road to 56 is good if you wanna play a flavour mod that still sticks to vanilla for the most part. I haven't tried MD but it looks pretty good from everything I've seen. My personal rec for a mod to always have on is Player-led peace conferences. Gives you full control of peace conferences so the AI doesn't do some dumb shit. For mods to check out, Old World Blues (Fallout mod) and Equestria at War (My Little Pony mod. I know how it sounds but trust me its great lol.) are my personal two favs.

• Based 1

49 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Are Road to 56 and Millenium Dawn good? What mods do you guys use?

Road to 56 is basically just vanilla+, could never go wrong with it, and Millennium Dawn (the new version that merged with another mod, of course) is very fun, although relatively graphically intensive as far as HOI4 goes. Both are good pickups. I play both of those and Endsieg: Ultimate Victory for new start dates (1910, 1914, 1916, 1918, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, december of 1944, and 1945, although unfortunately it hasn't been updated from 1.10.8 yet.)

37 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

Equestria at War (My Little Pony mod. I know how it sounds but trust me its great lol.)

ok brony

• Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DakotaHale said:

When you learn how to do it, naval combat really is the funnest part of the game. Air combat is still dull as hell though.

me waiting for that damn upcoming air rework be like

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Reviving this thread to expose the great new air rework. Agility and speed on your planes? Doesn’t matter. Air attack and defense only. Big gun go boom boom and ez win… for now.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, Pringles said:

Reviving this thread to expose the great new air rework. Agility and speed on your planes? Doesn’t matter. Air attack and defense only. Big gun go boom boom and ez win… for now.

Sad! Also the new DLC somehow made Italy harder to play IMO.