15 members have voted

1. 1. favorite Mambo No. 5 chorus line

• A little bit of Monica in my life
    • A little bit of Erica by my side
    • A little bit of Rita's all I need
    • A little bit of Tina's what I see
    • A little bit of Sandra in the sun
    • A little bit of Mary all night long
    • A little bit of you makes me your man (Ha!)
    • Mambo Number 5! (Ha!)

I don't doubt that they're doing it to mess with you (though I would have never guessed that until you started saying it).  I do have trouble understanding why it works.

They do it to get a rise out of you.  You reward them by calling for it to be taken down instead of ignoring it or responding with a laugh emoji or whatever.

People make fun of me sometimes too.  I think everybody gets made fun of now and again, whether it's here, elsewhere on the internet, at school, at work, at home, wherever.  It's just a part of life, and learning to laugh it off when it's funny (or ignore it when it's not) is the secret to getting it to stop.  Because it stops being rewarding for those who are doing it.

• Agree 6

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

This particular song has only cropped up on this forum in the past to mock me when I was angrily ranting at multiple posters at once - which seems inexplicable, given it is about a flamboyant, promiscuous entertainer boasting about his sexual conquests, and it also seems odd, given I wasn't ranting so - but the posters in question here, both posting, and, in Pringles' case, emoting, except probably 10centjimmy, are ALL well aware of this only usage of the song on this forum since it's introduction as trolling by Eugene. I have a hard time truly believing there are REALLY that many dedicated fans of a German Rhamba artist from the '90's with only two songs that made the radio who is, all-in-all, quite obscure. The original purpose seemed similar to the type of tactic of general playing silly music or displaying silly images or faces to someone in the height of rage.

The Macarena is about the female sleeping with all of her boyfriends friends while he is away with the military...that song is taught to kids for the dance and to also help learn like the months of the year and such.

I have locked this thread.  I am not inclined to lock future similar threads, though (other mods are welcome to if they desire).

I will request that all forum users reflect on the mental health toll they have on others here -- and I will request that all forum users reflect on the access to their mental health that they provide to others on here.

• Confused 1