• Europa Universalis
    • Victoria 2
    • Victoria
    • Stellaris
    • Cities: Skylines
    • Salem
    • Mount & Blade
    • Mount & Blade: Warband

CK2 is definitely my favorite. Though I have more hours on HOI4, HOI3, and Mount & Blade Warband is the sole game I have over 2000 hours on... 😛 

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

Tied between Vic 2 and EU4 honestly..However Vic 2 edges out because of it's political focus. Vic 3 will be the best of all them I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

My animus for the company, in truth, has very little to do with you guys obsessing over it like groupies...

I can assure you no one thought your dislike of Paradox Interactive and preference of the Civilization series and the Age of Empires series had nothing to do with us liking a certain type of videogame.

Rest of your message has a great point, simply confused why you felt the need to include that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm very often equally confused as to why you feel the need to post a lot of what you post, as well.

difference is: when I address something, it's something that actually can be addressed and not a magical strawman to point to. a lot of stuff I post is meaningless and unnecessary, but it's also not directed at something

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Highly subjective viewpoint, and one that ignores that different posts have different intentions, and, given we talk about politics a lot, here, probably a large majority of the problems brought up are realistically not capable of being solved on this forum. Thus, this response is also nonsensical and ill-thought out.

I could say the exact same thing about your not-so-passively aggressive first response to me as well; this doesn't really make a lot of sense

Just now, Patine said:

sober and productive response to something I say on a topic.

The irony here is that you whining about paradox was something productive. You wonder why we're all "cynics" yet you continue to make the same missteps over, and over again. 

We know you don't like paradox. We get it. Want to stop seeing at least this argument pop up again and again? Don't comment on a post related to paradox. 

It's that simple. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Patine said:

I cease to care what you could or could not - or do say, anymore. I will not be goaded back into the cesspool, where you willingly choose to remain. Do not disturb me further unless you have a sober and productive response to something I say on a topic.

Very ironic, especially for the guy commenting on my post. But regardless, not sure how my responses to you can "disturb" you with your very lenient use of the block button. Not like I'm contacting other people to reply to my messages just for you to see them.

CK3 since I'm a console dweeb. I love watching hoi4 run on my laptop but I don't play it, just watch the countries so their thing. Stellaris is really fun and I've invested lots of hours into it. I also do love Cities: Skylines but I have never completed a city. I always start over. Mount & Blade: Warband is the one I've logged the most hours into though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

I also do love Cities: Skylines but I have never completed a city. I always start over.

Very, very relatable. I'm pretty sure the furthest I went into a city was getting one to around ~100k people.

My favorite is definitely either CK2 or Stellaris depending on whether I want a sci-fi game or a grand-strategy/rpg game. I also love Vicky 2 but not to level I love CK2 or Stellaris.

• Like 1