The Political Lounge

Resignation

MrPotatoTed

Hi friends,

I respectfully submit my resignation as one of the mods for this forum.  I was deeply honored by @DakotaHale's invitation to be a mod (and remain deeply thankful to him for funding this entire endeavor), and I've enjoyed the opportunity to work closely with fellow mods @Dobs and @vcczar for the past year or so, trying to do my part to prevent this site from becoming the cesspool that the rest of the internet is. Ha.

Likewise, I've enjoyed getting to spend some virtual time with everyone else here.  None of that has to change -- I'll still be hanging out in the AMPU forum and occasionally wandering into political chats, for as long as the mods (current and future) will have me.  

But I think I've completed doing whatever good I could do here as a mod.  I'm troubled that my calls for consideration for each other's mental health have been rejected by some of our users -- maybe some are simply too young to understand that yet, I'm not sure.  But I have my own daughter to raise to be a better human, I can't raise the internet at the same time.  At the end of the day, if I'm not able to have an impact, then trying is just an unpaid annoying distraction from the thousand other things I'm supposed to be doing.

So, I'm going to do what I've tried to advocate to others all along:  I'm going to let it go, and move on.

Thank you all again, no hard feelings, see you guys in the AMPU forum.
-Ted

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Hi friends,

I respectfully submit my resignation as one of the mods for this forum.  I was deeply honored by @DakotaHale's invitation to be a mod (and remain deeply thankful to him for funding this entire endeavor), and I've enjoyed the opportunity to work closely with fellow mods @Dobs and @vcczar for the past year or so, trying to do my part to prevent this site from becoming the cesspool that the rest of the internet is. Ha.

Likewise, I've enjoyed getting to spend some virtual time with everyone else here.  None of that has to change -- I'll still be hanging out in the AMPU forum and occasionally wandering into political chats, for as long as the mods (current and future) will have me.  

But I think I've completed doing whatever good I could do here as a mod.  I'm troubled that my calls for consideration for each other's mental health have been rejected by some of our users -- maybe some are simply too young to understand that yet, I'm not sure.  But I have my own daughter to raise to be a better human, I can't raise the internet at the same time.  At the end of the day, if I'm not able to have an impact, then trying is just an unpaid annoying distraction from the thousand other things I'm supposed to be doing.

So, I'm going to do what I've tried to advocate to others all along:  I'm going to let it go, and move on.

Thank you all again, no hard feelings, see you guys in the AMPU forum.
-Ted

I want you to know you're a good man Ted. Whatever you may think of our recent discussions: No personal harm was intended. I simply had a qualm concerning the way in which you voiced your positions as a moderator. Not with yourself at all. 

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'm troubled that my calls for consideration for each other's mental health have been rejected by some of our users

I don't want to dissolve this into any sort of discussion like we've had in the other threads, but this is something that I have to give a brief response to. I think the consideration for peoples' mental health should extend to other members of this forum as well, which doesn't seem to have been taken into account from the discussion we had before. It's not a one-way street. 

That said, thank you for all of your work and thank you to all of the admins for working on this beautiful mess that is this forum. I look forward to continuing to work in the AMPU thread and seeing everyone around. I hope that the changes work out for the better and we can put it behind us, despite my reservations about the efficacy and impact on other members of the forum. Besides, we're all here to have more fun. Whatever makes it more fun for you, for anyone else, is a net positive for the forum as a whole.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hestia said:

I don't want to dissolve this into any sort of discussion like we've had in the other threads, but this is something that I have to give a brief response to. I think the consideration for peoples' mental health should extend to other members of this forum as well, which doesn't seem to have been taken into account from the discussion we had before. It's not a one-way street. 

I was on the verge of resigning as a moderator recently because it seemed like we weren’t going to enforce bans to preserve the sanity of most of the people on this forum. 

I think the rules @MrPotatoTed came up with are both fair and reasonable, even if it wasn’t my preferred way to resolve the issue with thread derailment, personal attacks, and bullying. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think @ConservativeElector2 would be good, but I'd prefer if @MrPotatoTed stayed on.

While I thank you for throwing my name into the ring, I am not sure if that's a task I want or can fulfill. I don't want to answer with General Sherman's famous words to this, but I would at least like the possibility of some sort of trial month before committing to serve in the event there is no other solution. 

2 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

While I thank you for throwing my name into the ring, I am not sure if that's a task I want or can fulfill. I don't want to answer with General Sherman's famous words to this, but I would at least like the possibility of some sort of trial month before committing to serve in the event there is no other solution. 

Ok, maybe @Cal then. 

5 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Hello comrades. I have decided to activate emergency war powers. I have assumed 100% control of all discussions on the forum. Glory to the Party. Glory to PoliticsLounge.com

— Secretary General Dakota Hale

Viva la revolución

• Based 3

16 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Hello comrades. I have decided to activate emergency war powers. I have assumed 100% control of all discussions on the forum. Glory to the Party. Glory to PoliticsLounge.com

Glory to the Motherland!!!!

• Based 2

1 hour ago, DakotaHale said:

Shall we commence the statue building process comrade?

• Based 2

3 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

All hail Supreme Leader Dakota Hale!

• Based 2