The Political Lounge

Forum Favorability Poll (5/3)

vcczar

Forum Favorability Poll (5/3)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a favorable opinion of Pres. Joe Biden?

2. 2. Do you have a favorable opinion of VP Kamala Harris?

3. 3. Do you have a favorable opinion of Fmr Pres. Donald Trump?

• Yes
    • Too mixed for yes or no
    • No
  4. 4. Do you have a favorable opinion of Gov. Ron DeSantis?

5. 5. Do you have favorable opinion of Speaker Nancy Pelosi?

6. 6. Do you have a favorable opinion of House Min Leader Kevin McCarthy?

7. 7. Do you have a favorable opinion of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

8. 8. Do you have a favorable opinion of Marjorie Taylor-Greene?

• Yes
    • Too mixed for yes or no
    • No
  9. 9. Do you have a favorable opinion of Sen Maj Ldr Chuck Schumer?

10. 10. Do you have a favorable opinion of Sen Min Ldr Mitch McConnell?

11. 11. Do you have a favorable opinion of Sen. Bernie Sanders?

12. 12. Do you have a favorable opinion of Sen. Elizabeth Warren?

13. 13. Do you have a favorable opinion of Joe Manchin?

14. 14. Do you have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney?

15. 15. Do you have a favorable opinion of Ted Cruz?

16. 16. Do you have a favorable opinion of Rand Paul?

17. 17. Do you have a favorable opinion of Lindsay Graham?

18. 18. Do you have a favorable opinion of Chief Justice John Roberts?

19. 19. Do you have a favorable opinion of the Biden Administration as a whole?

20. 20. Do you have a favorable opinion of the politicians in both Houses of Congress as a whole?

21. 21. Do you have a favorable opinion of the justices of the US Supreme Court as a whole?

22. 22. Is the country better off than it was four years ago?

23. 23. Who do you vote for in 2024 if the major party nominees are Biden and Trump again?

• Joe Biden
    • Donald Trump
    • 3rd Party
    • I am leaning towards not voting or I am not legally eligible to vote by Nov 2024.

14 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

F6E2D205-3528-4378-962D-6CF3FB7EFE67.jpeg

They were really in a lose-lose situation. Either the anti-their way of life party or the anti-their way of life party.

• Based 1

15 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

F6E2D205-3528-4378-962D-6CF3FB7EFE67.jpeg

I’ve seen this meme a lot, but it’s based off of a very common misunderstanding of history. From 1932 to 1996, discounting the landslide re-election wins of Ike, Dick, and Reagan, WV voted for the Democrats in every one of those elections, and even in 2000 we were still bluer than Virginia, North Carolina, and Colorado. WV did not become the safe red state it is today until 2004, which you’ll notice is long after union membership declined. The meme has the timeline wrong, the death of unions, and the longstanding problem of Appalachian poverty led to WV becoming a red state, not the reverse.

• Like 2

I used to be more defensive of DeSantis, I thought his approach was Trump-esque in style but that his governing record pointed to compromise and bipartisanship on a number of issues that were serious and substantive, like Everglades protection and how he worked well with Biden in the wake of the Surfside building collapse, and took unreasonable media criticism for eminently defensible policy decisions, like using Publix to administer vaccines and 60 Minutes running a piece calling it corruption and quid pro quo because of Publix having donated to his gubernatorial campaign in 2018, and refusing to talk to local administrators and mayors on both sides of the aisle who praised the move as a good way to ensure that people trust the vaccine. Lately, however, his focus has been too much culture war stuff and it's caused me to sour on him greatly. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Chief Justice Roberts was the toughest decision here for me I guess. While I disagree with a few rulings by him, I view him based on personality and integrity as probably one of the greatest people on Earth. A true legend and role model. So I chose 'yes' over 'Too mixed'.

• Based 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, SilentLiberty said:

Based off this, the country isn't better off than 4 years ago, the Supreme Court is the most favorable institution and Mitt Romney is the most favorable politican.

4 years ago was 2018, I think it's pretty fair to say that events outside of politics had a direct impact. ;c)

• Agree 1