Jump to content
The Political Lounge

The 2020 Democratic Primary - Robust Testing Forum


Recommended Posts

I also belatedly realized I wasn't using meter information, which I fixed on the next go around, as well as went with the following rules:

After first group
if in last in delegates, candidate has 60% chance to withdraw, with
- 50% chance to endorse 1st place, 25% to endorse same or closest candidate ideologically, 25% to endorse candidate who won most states in that group (randomize if tied)

Successive groups
last in delegates, 75% to withdraw with 50% chance to endorse the front runner and 50% for same or closest candidate ideologically
second to last, 50% to withdraw, with same rules as above

Three candidates left
Last place has 50% chance to withdraw unless delegate gap is > 20%, which they will then withdraw and endorse as above

Puritan or Disharmonious
If withdraw is triggered a 4-6 die roll chance they will stay in to spite the front runner, earning -2 in all future primary groups

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mayor Pete looks to get most votes of the actual real candidates all 3 times.    And the 2 actual front runners were mired toward the bottom.   Any thoughts on why?    Is it the stats, bad rolls or something else?

lot of discussion in other places about variability, replay ability, and lean toward some historical accuracy without locking in those results.   First couple tests seem to lock in an non historical result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vols21 said:

Mayor Pete looks to get most votes of the actual real candidates all 3 times.    And the 2 actual front runners were mired toward the bottom.   Any thoughts on why?    Is it the stats, bad rolls or something else?

lot of discussion in other places about variability, replay ability, and lean toward some historical accuracy without locking in those results.   First couple tests seem to lock in an non historical result.

Well Biden won SC largely in part because of an important endorsement.  How are endorsements figured in?  Clyburn saved Biden's campaign. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think endorsements are included outright.     The election is just a small part of the overall game, so it’s meant to be an in depth election simulation.    So you could assume the endorsement is figured into the dice roll and role play accordingly (get a high roll could mean you received a key endorsement in that state),    Not the same I know,      Could be included easy enough (pick up endorsement based on die roll to get a bump in that state.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vols21 said:

Mayor Pete looks to get most votes of the actual real candidates all 3 times.    And the 2 actual front runners were mired toward the bottom.   Any thoughts on why?    Is it the stats, bad rolls or something else?

lot of discussion in other places about variability, replay ability, and lean toward some historical accuracy without locking in those results.   First couple tests seem to lock in an non historical result.

In the modern times Liberals, Progressives and LW populists have malluses due to meter issues. Biden is a Lib. The only Mods are Buttigieg and Bloomberg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

James Dean / Bernie Sanders v. Donald Trump / Mike Pence

spacer.png

This isn't a crazy map save for the margins, and it looks like Oklahoma was probably a lucky dice roll for the Dean team? I do agree with Ted that Dean being a pretty powerful candidate kinda makes me wonder what an evenly matched 2020 looks like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...