The Political Lounge

Primary Candidate Signs in Philadelphia

vcczar

This is actually just in reference to my neighborhood:

US Gov - A few Shapiro signs and a ton of Barletta signs, but the latter aren't on any residences. No other GOP signs. 

US Sen - A ton of Lamb signs, 1 Fetterman sign, 0 Kenyatta signs. No GOP signs at all. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

This is actually just in reference to my neighborhood:

US Gov - A few Shapiro signs and a ton of Barletta signs, but the latter aren't on any residences. No other GOP signs. 

US Sen - A ton of Lamb signs, 1 Fetterman sign, 0 Kenyatta signs. No GOP signs at all. 

Did you vote in the primary?

5 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Did you vote in the primary?

No because I'm happy if the nominee is Fetterman, Lamb, or Kenyatta. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but they're all better than Oz and etc. Ideologically, I'm more similar to Fetterman but I'm less of an ideological voter and a more--"I don't want that guy from the other party as a US Senator." I think Lamb would be better in the general, which is why I wouldn't mind if he somehow won. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vcczar said:

No because I'm happy if the nominee is Fetterman, Lamb, or Kenyatta. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but they're all better than Oz and etc. Ideologically, I'm more similar to Fetterman but I'm less of an ideological voter and a more--"I don't want that guy from the other party as a US Senator." I think Lamb would be better in the general, which is why I wouldn't mind if he somehow won. 

I always prefer when people vote for the guy they want rather than against the other guy. I think it's counter intuitive to vote against someone rather than for someone but I think everyone has done that at one point or another.

53 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I always prefer when people vote for the guy they want rather than against the other guy. I think it's counter intuitive to vote against someone rather than for someone but I think everyone has done that at one point or another.

To me what you are describing is a luxury that isn't present in many elections at the moment. MAGA is so awful that refusing to support the one person with a shot at beating MAGA seems counter intuitive, considering a victory by MAGA undoes any progress that was made and even a moderate Democrat will make some progress. 

I tend to vote for my guy in the primaries, although not in this election because I kind of like all three Senate candidates for the Dems. I vote preventatively in the general election, which means I never vote 3rd party, unless the 3rd party is the only party with a shot of stopping the MAGA nominee. 

If I were living in, say, 1900-1980 Philadelphia, I probably wouldn't have any major issues with either of the major party candidates, as there would likely be a lot of overlap. In this instance, I'd feel that I have luxury--even in a battleground state---to vote Green Party or Progressive Party. 

That's my criteria. It's all about making sure the nation moves socially and economically progressive and never goes backward. I didn't like Hillary Clinton, but she would have moved the nation the direction I want it to go at least an inch. That's better than it sliding backward on a hill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1