The Political Lounge

Part 21: 100 Most Influential Rankings

vcczar

Part 21: 100 Most Influential Rankings  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following are among the most 100 influential people of all time? (See post for descriptions)

• Lewis Carroll
    • Louis Armstrong
    • Louis Daguerre
    • Louis Le Prince
    • Louis Pasteur
    • Louis XIV
    • Louis XVI
    • Luca Pacioli
    • Ludwig Van Beethoven
    • Lyndon B Johnson
    • None of the above have been among one of the 100 most influential people.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2022 at 02:36 AM

@vcczar @ShortKing @WVProgressive @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @jnewt @Mark_W @OrangeP47 @Arkansas Progressive @A man from Colorado @SilentLiberty @Rodja @DakotaHale @jvikings1 @themiddlepolitical @Edouard @Vols21 @Timur @Patine @10centjimmy

Here's the next part of the 100 most influential rankings. 

Rules:

- Please keep discussion on topic. 

- No trolling. 

- No complaining, although constructive criticism is okay. 

- No personal attacks.

- No commenting without voting. 

Lewis Carroll His Alice books have inspired film, music, and art, even to this day.
Louis Armstrong Arguably the most influential jazz musician in world history; one of the first African-American celebrities with international fame
Louis Daguerre Invented the daguerreotype, a crucial step in the development of photography
Louis Le Prince "Father of Cinematography" for inventing and using the first functional motion picture camera.
Louis Pasteur “Father of Microbiology.” He was crucial to the development of immunization,. He also disproved the theory of spontaneous generation. He also invented the process called Pasteurization, which kills bacteria in liquid food.
Louis XIV Inspired absolutism in monarchs and the spread of centralized power in states. Presided as France was arguably the leading power of Europe and a colonizing force elsewhere. Advocate of warfare and glory.
Louis XVI His weak leadership allowed the French Revolution, and his death escalated the French Revolutionary Wars
Luca Pacioli Father of accounting and bookkeeping for his pioneer use of double-entry bookkeeping
Ludwig Van Beethoven Revolutionary composer that created the bridge from classical music to romantic era music by breaking free of classical tradition in music; Arguably the "Father of Modern Musical Composition" for doing so.
Lyndon B Johnson Inaugurated the Great Society and the Vietnam War

39 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Surprised Louis XV isn't on the list too. Not saying I'd vote for him, but there's a continuity between XIV and XVI that runs through him.

You can suggest I add him when I add for suggestions after I finish my list. 

Off topic but has anyone else noticed replies appearing out of order on the forum lately? Patine's post appeared *after* Edouard's despite apparently being posted before it, and this is like the 4th or 5th time this seems to have happened when I've been reading in the past week.

10 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Off topic but has anyone else noticed replies appearing out of order on the forum lately? Patine's post appeared *after* Edouard's despite apparently being posted before it, and this is like the 4th or 5th time this seems to have happened when I've been reading in the past week.

Yeah his posts are pre-moderated by decision of the forum mods. A mod has to be on the forum to approve them or not. 

3 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Also I totally feel like I have over 50 and we’re only halfway through the names lmao

My method is that check people that arguably could be in. This probably means I check 150 people.