The Political Lounge

Major Playtest Events

4 hours ago, Murrman104 said:

in the 2016 playtest President Mark Warner and VP Jay Inslee win re-election against a ticket of Nicky Haley and Joe Walsh along with a 3rd party ticket of Bernie Sanders and Bill De Blasio 

Screenshot_1308.png

Crazy to see a blue Texas in 2016, especially when you'd expect the blue vote to be split between Warner and Sanders.  I wonder if the 3rd party rules need another look to be more punishing to the party most closely aligned with the 3rd party.  Off top of my head, major third parties always seem to play spoiler to the party they'd otherwise most likely be affiliated with.  (Perot, Teddy Roosevelt, etc)

Edited by MrPotatoTed
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Crazy to see a blue Texas in 2016, especially when you'd expect the blue vote to be split between Warner and Sanders.  I wonder if the 3rd party rules need another look to be more punishing to the party most closely aligned with the 3rd party.  Off top of my head, major third parties always seem to play spoiler to the party they'd otherwise most likely be affiliated with.  (Perot, Teddy Roosevelt, etc)

Given how plausible the rest of the map is, it's likely down to dice, which means some "off screen local event" occured that made it so which I'm fine with.  If we try to make everything prefect we're just gonna make things worse.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Given how plausible the rest of the map is, it's likely down to dice, which means some "off screen local event" occured that made it so which I'm fine with.  If we try to make everything prefect we're just gonna make things worse.

If it were just blue versus red, I’d totally agree.  But (without actually seeing the numbers/die rolls/etc) it seems like the third party had no impact at all.

34 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

If it were just blue versus red, I’d totally agree.  But (without actually seeing the numbers/die rolls/etc) it seems like the third party had no impact at all.

There's many witty things I could say in regard to that being realistic, but having just woke up I can't quite muster it 🤣

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

From my memory the 3rd party cost Warner Ohio, South Dakota and New Hampshire. Additionally, Haley came within one point of tying NY (with Sander's third party coming one point behind her) and IL. Other close states included Washington (Where Sanders and Haley tied 2 points behind Warner) and Nevada (the same thing but Sanders and Warner Tying 2 points behind Haley)

edit- Warner could have technically tied Mississippi without Sanders but I believe that was a 6 to 1 roll so he could have never won the tie breaker 

Edited by Murrman104
  • Like 2