The Political Lounge

Various 2022 Senate Election Polls

Rezi

Various 2022 Senate Election Polls  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 2022 Alaska Senate Election. This question has multiple choices because of Ranked-Choice.

• Senator Lisa Murkowski (R)
    • Former Alaska DOA Commissioner Kelly Tshibaka (R)
    • Perennial Candidate Edgar Blatchford (D)
    • Veteran Sean Thorne (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  2. 2. 2022 Arizona Senate Election

• Senator Mark Kelly (D)
    • Thiel Foundation President Blake Masters (R)
    • Attorney Mark J Victor (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  3. 3. 2022 Connecticut Senate Election

• Senator Richard Blumenthal (D)
    • Former State House Minority Leader Themis Klarides (R)
    • Write-in/No vote
  4. 4. 2022 Florida Senate Election

• Senator Marco Rubio (R)
    • Representative Val Demings (D)
    • Mayor Steven B. Grant (I)
    • Write-in/No vote
  5. 5. 2022 Georgia Senate Election

• Senator Raphael Warnock (D)
    • Former Football Player and Father of Many Herschel Walker (R)
    • Chair of Atlanta LP Chase Oliver (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  6. 6. 2022 Iowa Senate Election

• Senator and Senior Citizen Chuck Grassley (R)
    • Admiral Michael Franken (D)
    • Write-in/No vote
  7. 7. 2022 Kentucky Senate Election

• Senator Rand Paul (R)
    • Former State Rep Charles Booker (D)
    • Write-in/No vote
  8. 8. 2022 Missouri Senate Election

• Former Governor Eric Greitens (R)
    • Nurse Trudy Busch Valentine (D)
    • Perennial Candidate Jonathan Dine (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  9. 9. 2022 Nevada Senate Election

• Senator Catherine Cortez Masto (D)
    • Former NV Attorney General Adam Laxalt (R)
    • None of These Candidates
    • Write-in/No vote
  10. 10. 2022 New Hampshire Senate Election

• Senator Maggie Hassan (D)
    • Former Senate Candidate Don Bolduc (R)
    • Computer scientist and Entrepreneur Jeremy Kauffman (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  11. 11. 2022 New York Senate Election

• Senator Chuck Schumer (D/WFP)
    • TV Host Jon Pinion (R/C)
    • Political Organizer Diane Sare (LaRouche Independent)
    • Write-in/No vote
  12. 12. 2022 North Carolina Senate Election

• Representative Ted Budd (R)
    • Former North Carolina Supreme Court Justice Cheri Beasley (D)
    • Author and Veteran Shannon Bray (L)
    • Write-in/No vote
  13. 13. 2022 Ohio Senate Election

• Author JD Vance (R)
    • Representative Tim Ryan (D)
    • Write-in/No vote
  14. 14. 2022 Pennsylvania Senate Election

• Lieutenant Governor and MrPotatoTed-lookalike John Fetterman (D)
    • Surgeon and TV Host Mehmet Oz (R)
    • Write-in/No vote
  15. 15. 2022 Utah Senate Election

• Senator Mike Lee (R)
    • Former CIA Officer and Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin (I)
    • Write-in/No vote
  16. 16. 2022 Vermont Senate Election

• Representative Peter Welch (D)
    • Former US Attorney for Vermont Christina Nolan (R)
    • Former Progressive Party Chair Martha Abbott (P)
    • Cryptocurrency activist and Former Child Actor Brock Pierce (I)
    • Write-in/No vote
  17. 17. 2022 Wisconsin Senate Election

• Senator Ron Johnson (R)
    • Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes (D)
    • Write-in/No vote

Been about a 4-and-a-half months since the Governor Election Polls, so I figure I'll throw up a Senate poll, since we have some races set now. I'll do another set of Gubernatorial once some more primaries are settled. Any notable non-duopoly candidates are included, and each race will have a write-in/none option

Vote for your preferred candidate, not who you think will win.

Edited by Rezi

7 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Been about a 4-and-a-half months since the Governor Election Polls, so I figure I'll throw up a Senate poll, since we have some races set now. I'll do another set of Gubernatorial once some more primaries are settled. Any notable non-duopoly candidates are included, and each race will have a write-in/none option

Is this who we would vote for or who we think will win? 

Fetterman would have to give a better explanation of what happened with the jogging incident to earn my vote. A real apology. My feelings may be different if I lived in the state and it felt more immediate and knew him better, but right now I'm unconvinced and a bit disappointed by the lack of remorse shown. In short, unless as the election got closer and if polls narrowed or Oz made worse statements regarding Jan. 6 or other issues, I would consider not voting. I'd keep my option open to vote for Fetterman, but it would need to be earned.

Edited by Hestia

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Republicans need better candidates lol

They are so lucky that Biden won lmfao. With this slate of candidates, if it were a blue wave year? Assuming that the economy was more or less the same, it would be a slaughter.

• Agree 2
  • Based 1

3 minutes ago, Rezi said:

They are so lucky that Biden won lmfao. With this slate of candidates, if it were a blue wave year? Assuming that the economy was more or less the same, it would be a slaughter.

I don’t think the Dems lose hope just yet. The generic ballot is only +3.4R, and that’s before individual candidates are compared, in which case I think the Dems have better candidates. Still think the Rs gain seats but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t get enough to flip the house.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I don’t think the Dems lose hope just yet. The generic ballot is only +3.4R, and that’s before individual candidates are compared, in which case I think the Dems have better candidates. Still think the Rs gain seats but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t get enough to flip the house.

image.png.e3d92d8b4af43353a392eacbb6ebde5c.png

• Haha 3
  • Based 1

23 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I do think generic ballot polls will underestimate Republican support (as it usually seems to do) but overall Dems have a sliver of hope in either chamber. A substantial sliver I'd say. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

No way Republicans don’t flip the House. Redistricting kept the Republican leaning status quo, the economy is in shambles, and it’s a midterm year. Just look at what happened down in Texas with the special election. Yes turnout was a factor (and special elections aren’t completely reliable), but that’s still not a good sign for Dems. Also, Republicans need a net gain of just 4 seats.

The Senate might be different based on candidates, but even then the environment favors Republicans.

Edited by jvikings1
  • Agree 4

Not even just the environment, but the math alone. According to Gallup, the president's party has lost an average 37 U.S. House seats in midterm elections when presidential job approval was below 50%. Republicans might not flip 37, but if they flip just 5 seats, they'll have the majority in the House. 

1 minute ago, Patine said:

The American two-;party racket has shown in the last 15 or so years it's ugliest, most divisive, most unproductive, most corrupt, most anti-intellectual, and most hostile to the most noble values of the nation in the history of the American political system. Why is there not a mass outcry to topple these two failed parties that have overstayed their welcome while showing their absolute worst and most deserving to be voted out of power, together, in the same election. When will Americans vote for their nation and the good and future thereof, rather than political scripts and hooligans in Armani and Prada suits who write and spew them?

We kinda had a civil war that probably goes down as “most divisive.” And there used to be duels fought. A Senator beating another on the Senate floor. Etc.

12 hours ago, Patine said:

(insults in debate in those days were usually lovingly crafted affairs of sharp wit and sarcasm).

The UK seems to have these sometimes...