The Political Lounge

Our Forum's Presidential Ranking

vcczar

Here's the result of the presidential ranking, ranked by 21 forum members:

1. George Washington
    1. Had bipartisan favorability. Had 6 #1 votes, 4 #2 votes, and 6 #3 votes. 
  2. Thomas Jefferson
    1. Had only 1 vote outside the top 10 on any list (#17). Had 6 #2 votes and 6 #3 votes
  3. Abraham Lincoln
    1. Tanked by @jvikings1 and @ConservativeElector2 who ranked Lincoln poorly. Had 9 #1 votes, which beats Washington. 3 #2 votes. 3 #3 votes. 
  4. Theodore Roosevelt
    1. Has 2 #1 votes and 1 #2 vote. Only two votes outside the top ten.
  5. Dwight D Eisenhower
    1. Had 1 #3 vote
  6. James Monroe
    1. Had 1 #3 vote
  7. James Madison
    1. Had 1 #2 vote by @matthewyoung123
  8. FDR
    1. Had 4 #1 votes, 4 #2 votes, and 3 #3 votes. If the scoring was done like the Olympics he'd be in the top 3. Four rankers ranked FDR in the bad-failed president range, with @jvikings1 placing him at 44. 
  9. James K Polk
    1. Had 1 #3 vote
  10. Ulysses S Grant
  11. JFK
  12. Harry S Truman
    1. Swung wildly. Had 1 #3 @Cenzonico and 1 #38 @ConservativeElector2
  13. John Adams
  14. Calvin Coolidge
    1. Got @jvikings1's #2 vote
  15. Bill Clinton
  16. LBJ
    1. While 3 rankers consider LBJ a failed president, 7 rankers place LBJ in the top 5. 
  17. William H Taft
  18. Barack Obama
    1. In failed president range by 4 rankers and top 10 for 6 rankers. 
  19. George HW Bush
  20. John Quincy Adams
  21. William McKinley
  22. Richard Nixon
  23. Benjamin Harrison
  24. Ronald Reagan
    1. 3 rankers place him in fail president range. He's the #1 president for @Vols21 and two others place him in their top 5. 
  25. Gerald Ford
  26. Andrew Jackson
    1. Got 2 failed president votes
  27. Grover Cleveland
    1. Is in @jvikings1's top 5. 
  28. Martin Van Buren
  29. Chester A Arthur
  30. Zachary Taylor
    1. 1 failed president vote
  31. James A Garfield
  32. Rutherford B Hayes
    1. 2 failed president votes
  33. Jimmy Carter
    1. 2 failed president votes
  34. William Henry Harrison
  35. Warren G Harding
    1. Had 3 failed president votes, but also ranked in the good-to-above-average by some. 
  36. George W Bush
    1. 8 rankers place him in the failed president range. However @ConservativeElector2 ranked him #4
  37. Joe Biden
    1. Had 5 failed president ranks, with @Vols21 placing Biden as the worst president. @OrangeP47 placed him in his top 20. 
  38. Millard Fillmore
  39. John Tyler
    1. Has 7 failed president votes, but @Cenzonico  and @jvikings1 rank him in their top 20. 
  40. Herbert Hoover
    1. Has 2 failed president votes, and @ConservativeElector2 has him in his top 20. 
  41. Woodrow Wilson
    1. Has 11 failed president votes and both @DakotaHale and @jvikings1 place him as the worst president. Meanwhile, three rankers place him in their top 20. 
  42. Donald Trump
    1. Has 12 failed president votes, with @OrangeP47 and @Rodja ranking him as the worst president in history. Meanwhile, three rankers place him in their top 20.  Based on this, seems to be the 21st century version of Woodrow Wilson, in regards to reaction. 
  43. Franklin Pierce
    1. 14 failed president votes
  44. Andrew Johnson
    1. 19 failed president vote, and with 4 rankers placing him as the worst president. 
  45. James Buchanan
    1. 20 failed president votes with 12 of these as worst president votes. 
  • Like 2
  • Based 2

15 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

I kinda hate that none of my votes were interesting enough to get name-dropped by V here smh

1/4 of the presidents, including JFK (!), are probably pissed that they didn't get an explanatory post below them 😛

Edited by ConservativeElector2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

I kinda hate that none of my votes were interesting enough to get name-dropped by V here smh

You didn't have any noticeable outlier votes and neither did I. For the most part, only @jvikings1 was a consistantly deviant voter, breaking from both left and right leaning voters in many ways. @ConservativeElector2 was probably the 2nd most outlying voter. Most of the other right-wing voters seemed to vote similarly. With a few exceptions, the left-wing voters didn't deviate as much in their votes. Rightwingers couldn't agree on George W Bush, for instance. 

7 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

1/4 of the presidents, including JFK (!) are probably pissed, that they didn't get an explantory post below them 😛

I only posted something if there was 1) an outlier vote, 2) they got a top 3 vote, or top 10 for lower ranking presidents, 3) had votes in failure range. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ShortKing said:

Same. 😛

In all seriousness I think the most major outlier from me would’ve been John Adams. Other than that it’s a pretty straightforward ranking. 

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and William McKinley are a lot lower rated than I had feared they'd be.

Well, you could have voted and your vote could have moved them in the right direction. 

26 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Same. 😛

In all seriousness I think the most major outlier from me would’ve been John Adams. Other than that it’s a pretty straightforward ranking. 

I think Coolidge is the major outlier. He usually ranked about 30. Wilson is also an outlier but it makes sense he’d be there in our ranking since both liberals and conservatives have different reasons for disliking him. 

1 hour ago, Pringles said:

Same. 😛

all my outliers were outdone by other folks, I just can't compete with folks who are gonna rank FDR as our second-worst President

• Based 1

5 hours ago, vcczar said:
  • FDR
    1. Had 4 #1 votes, 4 #2 votes, and 3 #3 votes. If the scoring was done like the Olympics he'd be in the top 3. Four rankers ranked FDR in the bad-failed president range, with @jvikings1 placing him at 44. 
  •  

@jvikings1I have no intention to argue,but with all due respect how could you rank the man who got us out of the Great Recession and won WW2 all while establishing most successful social programs 3rd worst President.Please,enlighten me.

1 hour ago, ShortKing said:

all my outliers were outdone by other folks, I just can't compete with folks who are gonna rank FDR as our second-worst President

Yeah I feel you. I don't like FDR's policies but he had some merits... there's no way I'm ranking him in the bottom lmao. It's just not realistic at all to me at that point, and it's disingenuous. 

At the very least he shouldn't be bottom 5 cause he's the only guy to win more than 2 terms. If you want to use generic reasoning on that. XD 

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

At the very least he shouldn't be bottom 5 cause he's the only guy to win more than 2 terms. If you want to use generic reasoning on that. XD 

There's a lot to complain about FDR about, and I even could be persuaded to knock him down a few spots in my ranking, but like, the WWII President not being in top 10? seems like a stretch tbh

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Did you read my post as a complaint or negative? I'm surprised - Professor... Just get out of bed on a day off? 😛 

I’m just making a comment because the polling registered with you in some ways and you didn’t partake in the vote. A very natural response. I didn’t read it as either as either a complaint or negative. Just saying you missed out. 

3 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

There's a lot to complain about FDR about, and I even could be persuaded to knock him down a few spots in my ranking, but like, the WWII President not being in top 10? seems like a stretch tbh

Eh, I had him top 15. But I get you. 😛 

Now's my chance to say the blatant bait in the other thread about ranking Coolidge high actually isn't bait because he's light years ahead of Harding and I voted accordingly.  The man sounded like he had some personality too, despite being know as "Silent Cal".

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

@jvikings1I have no intention to argue,but with all due respect how could you rank the man who got us out of the Great Recession and won WW2 all while establishing most successful social programs 3rd worst President.Please,enlighten me.

I'm not Jvikings1 obviously but I'd imagine it could have to do something with his massive government overreach.

8 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'm not Jvikings1 obviously but I'd imagine it could have to do something with his massive government overreach.

I had him in my top 5 or 6 I believe but the internment camps were probably one of the most egregious human rights violations of any modern president as well -- which also goes in with overreach. Which is a valid concern.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

No one leader of one nation won, or could of likely won, WW2 and deserved all the credit for victory. Maybe, "played a major role in winning WW2 as leading a main Allied nation."

FDR dismantled Nazi Germany with nothing but his bare hands, actually

• Haha 3
  • Based 1