The Political Lounge

Our Forum's Presidential Ranking

vcczar

40 minutes ago, Patine said:

Although, derisive, mocking, belittling responses to legitimate statements instead of addressing or acknowledging them only makes the one making such comments look like a dork with an indefensible viewpoint, NOT the person the post is targeted to. Just because MrPotatoTed hasn't grasped this simple fact, and made a fool of himself in numerous debates he no doubt views that he's handily trounced me in doesn't mean the fact isn't true. A jeering clown is NOT a respected figure, at all, in any debate or academic discourse. The sooner that's learned - well across huge swathes of the Internet - the better, and the faster modern Internet discourse cesspool can recede.

Geez Grandpa it's just a joke.

Me calling you Grandpa is mocking and belitting, saying FDR won world War two with his bare hands, when it's obviously not true, is an ironic type sarcasm. Bringing a poster into something they aren't actually in or commenting on could and imo be considered a personal attack. So I'd say that bringing MrPotatoTed up at all was far more unnecessary than the joke about FDR.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Patine said:

Although, derisive, mocking, belittling responses to legitimate statements instead of addressing or acknowledging them only makes the one making such comments look like a dork with an indefensible viewpoint, NOT the person the post is targeted to. Just because MrPotatoTed hasn't grasped this simple fact, and made a fool of himself in numerous debates he no doubt views that he's handily trounced me in doesn't mean the fact isn't true. A jeering clown is NOT a respected figure, at all, in any debate or academic discourse. The sooner that's learned - well across huge swathes of the Internet - the better, and the faster modern Internet discourse cesspool can recede.

...what the heck?  I wasn’t even in this thread, and can’t think of anything that I’ve done in months to spark this rant.  Buddy.  Move on with your life.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

...what the heck?  I wasn’t even in this thread, and can’t think of anything that I’ve done in months to spark this rant.  Buddy.  Move on with your life.

Yep. It's absolutely nuts and toxic.  

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

I admit, it was a bit unwarranted ("nuts and toxic," is perhaps too far, even abusive behaviour and a personal attack - but I was unwarranted and out of line - we both need to stop overusing the word, "toxic," like we do, as you and I, @vcczar, as you and I are the ones who use it, by far, the most, and it's a rotten habit we both have to discipline ourselves against, ESPECIALLY for both of our usage against other posters on the forum - INCLUDING your usage, constantly against me). I have been frustrated with certain things, both in RL, and with certain lack of recognition of inappropriate behaviour by posters other than me. I fully admit, MrPotatoTed was completely the wrong to lash out at - he has been quite reasonable, save for certain odious debating techniques. But I needn't have brought him up, and I apologize to him. The real, justified sources of my frustrations on this forum seem implacable, and unable to acquire resolution with.

You can't even accept blame or apologize without lashing out at someone or trying to drag someone else down with you. I've noticed this trend with you. Anyway, @DakotaHale and I have been debating your conduct and you're going to be be subject to moderation again. Unlike last time, I'm not going to go out of my way to approve your comments, so it may take hours, in some instances, for your posts to show up. If you continue such attacks then a lengthy ban or permanent ban will be discussed. I think @DakotaHale at this point is the only person that's going to save you from a permanent ban since @MrPotatoTed isn't a moderator anymore, and he was the one that saved you a few times. I do hope we get other moderators. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:39 PM, Rodja said:

@jvikings1I have no intention to argue,but with all due respect how could you rank the man who got us out of the Great Recession and won WW2 all while establishing most successful social programs 3rd worst President.Please,enlighten me.

FDR did not get the US out of the Great Depression. The actions from a particular dictator in Germany to start a world war did that.

And those “successful” social programs are set to bankrupt the US in the present day (specifically social security).

Massive expansion of the federal government. Court packing scheme. Japanese Internment (up there with Nixon’s Watergate, Bush’s Patriot Act, and Obama’s droning of American citizens as some of the worst presidential actions ever). Made secret deals with Stalin behind Churchill’s back.

• Like 1