Trump Trump Trump
Kelly Kelly  
Roberts Marshall Marshall
Moran Moran  
Marshall Mann  
Watkins LaTurner  
Davids Davids  
Estes Estes  

Reaction to Trump sees Dems win offices for first time in 10 years.    

46 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Gubernatorial flips, not because Laura Kelly did much of anything wrong, it’s just not the best environment.

Yeah, I only see Laura Kelly keeping the job if Kansas sees her as sort of a Democratic-version of Charlie Baker--someone of the opposing party who is about as popular with the opposing part as she is with her own. 

Kelly's approval rating has been impressively high, I could see her holding on even against a strong candidate. According to Morning Consult as of earlier this month, she had a 56% approval rating, so while I wouldn't bet on her winning, it certainly wouldn't be shocking to me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShortKing said:

Kelly's approval rating has been impressively high, I could see her holding on even against a strong candidate. According to Morning Consult as of earlier this month, she had a 56% approval rating, so while I wouldn't bet on her winning, it certainly wouldn't be shocking to me.

There's also some GOP independent trying to get on the ballot. Who will obviously split the vote. If he makes it her victory is nearly assured... just like last time. 

• Like 2

The GOP has a decent shot at a sweep. Davids's seat got redder during redistricting but will still likely be close. The gubernatorial election will likely come down to how much that former GOP state senator takes from the right.

• 2 weeks later...