The Political Lounge

WANTED: A playtester for single-player 1772

Hi all,

I'm going to create a single-player 1772 campaign, against 9 CPU teams, as we've never done a single-player test before.

Let me know if you're interested.

My priority in identifying the right player is finding somehow who checks the following boxes:  Super passionate about getting to play, is already familiar with the rules, is available to help the game move quickly, can help update and ideally even help code the google sheets.  Might not be possible to check all of those boxes, but I'll take the closest I can get.

QUESTIONS:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign?

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc)

How are your google sheets skills?  (Will you commit to helping update history page, etc?  Can you actually help code, if something needs coded?)

Can you commit to making at least one move per 24-hour period, if it's your turn to act?

• Like 2
  • Based 1

4 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign? 10

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc) Playtested the 1960 campaign, will be playtesting 1916

How are your google sheets skills?  (Will you commit to helping update history page, etc?  Can you actually help code, if something needs coded?) I can do updating, can't say I'm much help with coding.

Can you commit to making at least one move per 24-hour period, if it's your turn to act? Yes

• Like 1
  • Based 1

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign?

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc)

How are your google sheets skills?  (Will you commit to helping update history page, etc?  Can you actually help code, if something needs coded?)

Can you commit to making at least one move per 24-hour period, if it's your turn to act?

1) A solid 8.5

2) 1960 and the upcoming 1916 game.

3) I can update all the stuff as needed. I've also coded a few tools for SP.

4) Yes, and I'd go one further: I can even run my own game.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

11 😛 but put me as a 10

1772 and stuff in the old forums. Quite knowledgable

History page should be ok. I am not good at coding, but at least acquired some knowledge

Yeah

• Like 1
  • Based 1

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign? 10

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc) 1772 playtest, 2022 playtest, comfortable with understanding of rules/how meters work

How are your google sheets skills?  (Will you commit to helping update history page, etc?  Can you actually help code, if something needs coded?) I can do updating and have comfort with sheets formulas/ vlookup

Can you commit to making at least one move per 24-hour period, if it's your turn to act? Yes

• Based 1

8 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Hi all,

I'm going to create a single-player 1772 campaign, against 9 CPU teams, as we've never done a single-player test before.

My priority in identifying the right player is finding somehow who checks the following boxes:  Super passionate about getting to play, is already familiar with the rules, is available to help the game move quickly, can help update and ideally even help code the google sheets.  Might not be possible to check all of those boxes, but I'll take the closest I can get.

QUESTIONS:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign? 10/10

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc) 1960/1916, 1848. Very familiar with the rules.

I created history sheets for 1848 and update them. I'm not super knowledgeable about coding but I'm a quick learner.

Yes, without problem.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

QUESTIONS:

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in helping me test a single-player 1772 campaign? 9 (It's not a 10, not because I don't want to help, it's because I'm already in two other play tests).

What is your AMPU-playing experience?  (Which campaigns, how knowledgeable are you on the rules, etc)- I would say fairly good (6.5 out of 10).  I'm the "human" player in the 1840 test and am a replacement in the current 1772 play through.

How are your google sheets skills?  (Will you commit to helping update history page, etc?  Can you actually help code, if something needs coded?) I can certainly update history page and change or update politicians in the sheets, but I'm not a coder.

Can you commit to making at least one move per 24-hour period, if it's your turn to act? YES.  I like a game the MOVES.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Hi all,

QUESTIONS:

10/10 (would say more than 10/10 if that made sense.)

Co-writer of the 1772 write-up, player in 1960/1916, GM in 1840. I would say I’m very knowledgeable of the rules since I am taking the lead on the 1840 game as the GM. I’ve also helped to find holes and blindspots in the rules while playing 1960. 

I’m very we versed in google sheets. I work in spreadsheets for a living so it is almost second nature to me. 

Absolutely!

Responses above

Edited by Ich_bin_Tyler
  • Like 2
  • Based 1

Thank you all!  This was a very close call, lots of great applicants.  I'm going to start with @10centjimmy as my playtester for this as I'm familiar with his google sheets abilities.  If there comes a time when he's no longer able to assist, then I'll select someone else from this list.

In the meantime, I'm happy to share the single-player starting document with anyone who wants it.  Just keep two things in mind:

1)  You have to be approved by @vcczar.  (Existing playtesters are already approved).

2)  It's a LOT of work to manage all 9 CPU teams in addition to your own personal team.  

If you're still interested, send me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the starting doc once it's ready.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Thank you all!  This was a very close call, lots of great applicants.  I'm going to start with @10centjimmy as my playtester for this as I'm familiar with his google sheets abilities.  If there comes a time when he's no longer able to assist, then I'll select someone else from this list.

In the meantime, I'm happy to share the single-player starting document with anyone who wants it.  Just keep two things in mind:

1)  You have to be approved by @vcczar.  (Existing playtesters are already approved).

2)  It's a LOT of work to manage all 9 CPU teams in addition to your own personal team.  

If you're still interested, send me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the starting doc once it's ready.

I tried messaging you to ask about the document, and it said you're unable to receive messages?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'd love to see the starting document!  My email is matthewyoung123@gmail.com  Like the above poster stated, it says you cannot receive messages on the forum.  

Thanks!

- Matt

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, MrPotatoTed said:

Hi all,

QUESTIONS:

1 10 very interested 

2 follow all the campaigns have played in any yet but understand the rules and phases 

3 Can work google sheets but cannot code 

4 I can be commited a couple hours a day if I had to act 

• Based 1

1 hour ago, Largo833 said:

Still no luck with the forum messaging, so I'll just mention here that if @vcczar is okay with it, I'd love a chance to take a look at the starting document!  If I get approved to see it, my email is Largo833@gmail.com.  Thanks!

I just have to get to know you. I'm a little hesitant to give anything out to non-playtesters at this moment. Many of the people I know on this forum I've known for years (some since 2012 in the old forum). The more recent people have been regularly engaged with me in this forum. I don't think we really interact in any of the threads as of now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I just have to get to know you. I'm a little hesitant to give anything out to non-playtesters at this moment. Many of the people I know on this forum I've known for years (some since 2012 in the old forum). The more recent people have been regularly engaged with me in this forum. I don't think we really interact in any of the threads as of now. 

That's fair- while I'm obviously disappointed, it's entirely reasonable to be cautious about who you show details to.  If there is anything I can do to reassure you, just let me know- I suppose I could start closely following your posts and responding to them, but I feel like that might be a tad inauthentic 😄.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Largo833 said:

That's fair- while I'm obviously disappointed, it's entirely reasonable to be cautious about who you show details to.  If there is anything I can do to reassure you, just let me know- I suppose I could start closely following your posts and responding to them, but I feel like that might be a tad inauthentic 😄.

You can definitely earn the documents. Yeah, you just have to engage with me or in threads I’m active in. This would also be my rule if this forum were all physically in-person. Nothing personally against you. I want to make that clear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

You can definitely earn the documents. Yeah, you just have to engage with me or in threads I’m active in. This would also be my rule if this forum were all physically in-person. Nothing personally against you. I want to make that clear. 

Oh, no worries- I didn't take it personally.  I will probably just hold off on trying to earn access to the documents though- I just feel like if I started talking more with you or in your more active threads at this point, it'd feel like I'm going "Hey, look at me, chatting with you!  Aren't we becoming good buds?  Aren't I the sort of person who should get a look at the play documents?", and even if you didn't see it that way I just don't think it would sit right with me.  I mean, I won't be actively avoiding you, but I guess I'll just wait for the early release like everyone else 🙂!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthewyoung123 said:

@MrPotatoTed You can't get messages on here, but I would like to get a clean 1772 sheet as well.  Vcczar said he texted you his approval.

Please email me at matthewyoung123@gmail.com

Thank you!

Hi Matt, I believe @Cal may have the best version for a clean 1772 playtest.  (My own version was post-draft).

• Like 1