Scalise Scalise  
Richmond Richmond  
Higgins Higgins  
Johnson Johnson  
Abraham Letlow  
Graves Graves  

2 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Status Quo.

In 2023, the gubernatorial election likely flips Red.

Yeah, I think so too unless Edwards can somehow run again. I think for the rest of the decade it's going to be hard for any Blue politicians to win as Gov or Sen in a Red state and vice versa. I think even the Hogans and Bakers will have a hard time since the parties are hyper nationalized, and losing localization. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I think so too unless Edwards can somehow run again. I think for the rest of the decade it's going to be hard for any Blue politicians to win as Gov or Sen in a Red state and vice versa. I think even the Hogans and Bakers will have a hard time since the parties are hyper nationalized, and losing localization. 

You’re probably right about that. I think the one exception would be incumbent governors who are highly unpopular being vulnerable to an election loss.

Especially in the South, the last remnants of the old Democrats are being swept away. It was that influence that kept many local Dems alive up till this point. And the same can probably be said about New England Republicans.

• Agree 1