• Marco Rubio
    • John Kasich
    • Ben Carson
    • Jeb Bush
    • Rand Paul
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Chris Christie

So if you were sent back to 2016 who would you vote for? By sent back I mean, you know what the president will face, Covid, the start of this recession and inflation, the various police errors, the protests and riots, basically everything that happened will happen. Who would you vote for knowing what they'll face? Who do you think is best equipped to handle it?

(I'll be doing a follow up poll for a hindsight 2016 general)

Lawrence Lessig, because I firmly believe democracy and campaign finance reform would alleviate much of the polarization and dysfunctionality in our system and would allow for a more representative government which is responsive to the will and needs of the people. Lessig doesn't even need to be a good President on his own, but so long as he clears the way for a better system and democracy, he will have accomplished what I believe is critical in times when our democracy has become so strained and threatened while the two-party system trudges along.

• Agree 1
  • Based 2

24 minutes ago, The Blood said:

Lawrence Lessig, because I firmly believe democracy and campaign finance reform would alleviate much of the polarization and dysfunctionality in our system and would allow for a more representative government which is responsive to the will and needs of the people. Lessig doesn't even need to be a good President on his own, but so long as he clears the way for a better system and democracy, he will have accomplished what I believe is critical in times when our democracy has become so strained and threatened while the two-party system trudges along.

Unbelievably based. I loved his proposals back in 2016 as a teenager and defend several of his proposals to this day. 

• Agree 1
  • Based 2

So many good picks for 2016 in the GOP. But I'm going with who I ultimately think would've kept this party in the right direction. Rather than what it's descended to. 

Rubio and Kasich along with Christie are other good options. Anybody but Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul really. 

Edited by Pringles