Slotkin Slotkin  
Levin Levin  
Mitchell McClain  
Stevens Stevens  
Dingell Dingell  
Tlaib Tlaib  
Lawrence Lawrence  

Blue Wave Reaction to Trump sees 3 offices flip, and Dems take the lead    

One expects John James to win his House race, and if Meijer can beat Gibbs in the primary, he should be pretty heavily favored for reelection his house seat. Whitmer's chances look good rn, but with the MI GOP coalescing around Tudor Dixon, I wouldn't call it a done deal just yet. 

Gretchen Whitmer is thanking her lucky stars Craig didn't get enough signatures; if he's the nominee, I think he beats her by 1. I think against Tudor, Whitmer wins 54%-42%, something along those lines. Dixon doesn't have the money (yet) or enough of a profile to make it competitive. The race will tighten like it always does after Labor Day, but unless catastrophe happens Whitmer will win slightly easily.

2 hours ago, Brunell said:

Gretchen Whitmer is thanking her lucky stars Craig didn't get enough signatures; if he's the nominee, I think he beats her by 1. I think against Tudor, Whitmer wins 54%-42%, something along those lines. Dixon doesn't have the money (yet) or enough of a profile to make it competitive. The race will tighten like it always does after Labor Day, but unless catastrophe happens Whitmer will win slightly easily.

Doesn't Dixon have the backing of the DeVos family among other wealthy donors and multiple Super PACs spending money on boosting her?

1 hour ago, ShortKing said:

Doesn't Dixon have the backing of the DeVos family among other wealthy donors and multiple Super PACs spending money on boosting her?

Mainly the DeVos family, but that's why I said (yet). The madness of the disqualifications confused/tied up a lot of donors, so once she wins the primary I expect the Super PACs and the Donor base to get behind her. When Craig was in the race, the DeVos family and their coffers backed her and she probably would have wound up in 4th place or worse had the disqualified candidates stayed in.

GOP flips the 7th and 10th. The 3rd and 8th are tossups. Probably either a wash or GOP +1.

The gubernatorial election leans D at this point because of the disastrous GOP primary.

Edited by jvikings1