The Political Lounge

Queen Elizabeth II dies

vcczar

7 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

As probably the most monarchist member here, I am devastated.

May she rest in peace and may King Charles lead the United Kingdom into a bright future. 

As probably the least monarchist member here,i share your sentiment.

She was the wonderful,gracious lady who helped keep her country united throughout good and bad times.I loathe monarchy and believe it is very foolish to consider any person deserving of respect just because of family they were born in but i always had great respect for Elizabeth II,cannot say the same about Charles.

RIP.

Edited by Rodja
  • Like 1

Picture Spam. But it shows just how much Queen Elizabeth saw in America, and even more evident of how much she saw in the world. Few people live through different worlds and see history unfold like this. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 4

@Pringles Your post's too long to be quoted but what I wanted to add here is that whenever we are losing someone who has managed to live through so much different eras, we are essentially losing a link to the past. I mean how many people can say they actively remember Truman being President? It's sad to see the past vanishing each day, but I lift my spirits up with the thought that people are only dead in an earthly sense when they're forgotten.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@Pringles Your post's too long to be quoted but what I wanted to add here is that whenever we are losing someone who has managed to live through so much different eras, we are essentially losing a link to the past. I mean how many people can say they actively remember Truman being President? It's sad to see the past vanishing each day, but I lift my spirits up with the thought that people are only dead in an earthly sense when they're forgotten.

My great grandmother lived to be almost 104, dying in 2018.

I always wanted to ask her how she felt about living long enough to see the first black President, did she ever think it was possible, etc.

But I was too afraid of what her answer would be.

• Sad 1