The Political Lounge

Working Towards Automation - Scripts

Interesting!  I took a look, they both seem to run well.

One thing I've been meaning to ask you @Arkansas Progressive -- is there a way to automatically calculate score for each legislative proposal/government action, etc?  Especially for CPU?  Like a formula on google sheets?

My theory is that it could look at the columns that say which cards are impacted, look at how many points the proposal is worth, look at which factions have those cards, and then spit out the multiplication outcome.  Maybe it's ten columns, one for each faction.  And then when I'm trying to figure out what Faction Three should propose, I just sort by that column to see what's worth the most points to them, and then I'll manually look at the prereqs and meter impacts to confirm it's a good idea.

Is that something that you'd know how to turn from dream into reality?  Haha.

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed from the committee gains, it only lists the experience gain.  I ran a test with 10,000 politicians and it didn't give any a +1 Legislative, etc, even though there's a small chance that it should happen out of 100 politicians and thus should really be visible with 10,000 politicians.  You guys probably already know that it doesn't seem to be coded into your program, just flagging that for anyone else who wants to implement it into their game.

42 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

One thing I've noticed from the committee gains, it only lists the experience gain.  I ran a test with 10,000 politicians and it didn't give any a +1 Legislative, etc, even though there's a small chance that it should happen out of 100 politicians and thus should really be visible with 10,000 politicians.  You guys probably already know that it doesn't seem to be coded into your program, just flagging that for anyone else who wants to implement it into their game.

Oh yeah, I'm aware. The original point was to just simulate the Committee experience gains, since that was the really tedious part. I might add that though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Interesting!  I took a look, they both seem to run well.

One thing I've been meaning to ask you @Arkansas Progressive -- is there a way to automatically calculate score for each legislative proposal/government action, etc?  Especially for CPU?  Like a formula on google sheets?

My theory is that it could look at the columns that say which cards are impacted, look at how many points the proposal is worth, look at which factions have those cards, and then spit out the multiplication outcome.  Maybe it's ten columns, one for each faction.  And then when I'm trying to figure out what Faction Three should propose, I just sort by that column to see what's worth the most points to them, and then I'll manually look at the prereqs and meter impacts to confirm it's a good idea.

Is that something that you'd know how to turn from dream into reality?  Haha.

yea I'd just have to have a lot of backend nonsense, but it's doable

• Based 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Can I use this for gov elections Monday?  Is it ready?  Do you have one for Rep elections as well? 

This is only good for general elections and I might need to fix and add more things. I have had a pretty packed schedule and never got ability to write any code. Today, I will try to add few things and maybe add primaries.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

• 7 months later...