The Political Lounge

The Origins of AMPU

vcczar

As I recall, we met over the 2020 election game you had made (different from President Infinity).  I asked if I could join the playtest, and eventually ran a couple of my own and started suggesting edits, a sign of things to come. Ha.  You also introduced me to Founding Fathers, and I began running those games too.

Eventually you sent some of us FF/2020 election game players a list of some bigger games you wanted to make one day.  AMPU was on the list, so was your Shakespeare game.  And I think a game about the war on terror.  My eyes lit up when I saw AMPU.  I told you that was the one to focus on…completely ruining both of our lives for the next three years.  Whoops.  Sorry about that!  Hahaha.

I remember being in that first playtest.  Eventually you handed things over to Cal, but then he needed a break so I suggested I could help out for a few days.  Here I am, still running the game three years later. Ha.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t like the AMPU name at first.  I know you’d already had that name but also suggested other names and asked us to contribute names too.  I suggested “Branches”, as in branches of the government and also branches of an alternate timeline.  In retrospect, that was stupid and AMPU was totally the way to go.  Ha.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

As I recall, we met over the 2020 election game you had made (different from President Infinity).  I asked if I could join the playtest, and eventually ran a couple of my own and started suggesting edits, a sign of things to come. Ha.  You also introduced me to Founding Fathers, and I began running those games too.

Eventually you sent some of us FF/2020 election game players a list of some bigger games you wanted to make one day.  AMPU was on the list, so was your Shakespeare game.  And I think a game about the war on terror.  My eyes lit up when I saw AMPU.  I told you that was the one to focus on…completely ruining both of our lives for the next three years.  Whoops.  Sorry about that!  Hahaha.

I remember being in that first playtest.  Eventually you handed things over to Cal, but then he needed a break so I suggested I could help out for a few days.  Here I am, still running the game three years later. Ha.

I totally forgot about the election game. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Brunell said:

What an interesting process; always so cool to learn about game development! I really cannot wait for when this game comes out. American politics needs a Grand Strategy Game the likes of AMPU, and when it comes my free time will totally be gone.

I too am looking forward to this game and cannot wait.  Do we have a better date then November currently for early release? 

35 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

I too am looking forward to this game and cannot wait.  Do we have a better date then November currently for early release? 

No. It's actually impossible for me or the dev to estimate it because he hasn't worked on the game in like two months (updating his other games). As he hasn't coded the most complex part of the game, neither he nor I can estimate how long it will take him to do it. I think how quickly he codes the scripted events will determine if early release is in like December or March or something. I've personally given up guessing until he does the Scripted Events. I'd say the earliest is December and the latest is Summer. I really don't know. It's out of my hands.