PC Games You Wish Existed

vcczar

Some of these are my own game ideas, but I want:

• Shakespeare era theatre game
  • Golden Age of Hollywood game
  • French Rev and Napoleon game that focuses more on politics
  • A game that focuses on the history of philosophy
  • A game that focuses on the history of language
  • I'd like to see more open world games set in history that aren't focused on assassination or murder. 
  • A much more accurate historical NFL football simulator that goes back to 1920. Something like Out of the Park Baseball. 
  • A town building game set in colonial Massachusetts
  • An RPG that's set in 1920s Paris in the avant gard scene. 
  • A city builder focused on London from the Roman era to the future. 
  • Based 1

Game that covers conclaves, so you could influence the history of papalcy. 

Game that allows you to build a family tree of a royal family (if set in England, you should also be able to award peerages)

AMPU with an office editor 

AMPU with the power to mod another countries - at least the elections

Total War game set in the Civil War era

English Civil War Total War game

GTA set in various new locations

EA Football manager (was cancelled in 2014)

KPop manager

Formula 1 manager (MotoGP, DTM too)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Game that allows you to build a family tree of a royal family (if set in England, you should also be able to award peerages)

I have ideas for these two types of games. The latter isn't necessarily royal family. It's any family, which may or may not be royal at some point. I also created a conclave game with notecards in 2013. It worked well. That would be an easy game to make. 

• Like 1

Just now, vcczar said:

How would this work?

It’s like DDR but instead of dance moves it’s mixing economic populism, law&order, racism, and anti-communist rhetoric into your campaign speeches. You take George Wallace from his first run for governor (where it’s a forced loss) up until his final run for governor. Beat the game once to unlock new game plus where you can go down the hidden non-racist path which culminates in George Wallace’s final SOTU address, having won the 1976 election instead of Carter. 😛

• Haha 1
  • Based 2

A Deus Ex sequel. (To the original.) 

A President/PM any country really government simulator with elections. Just a single player really fleshed out game. Lots of games fit this bill in some ways but I think all of us on this forum know what I’m getting at. Extremely comprehensive simulator.

46 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I think a Hunger Games-like game would be really fun. Have always thought so, and yet. Nothing 😞

I mean you got Fortnite… 💀🤣

1 hour ago, Hestia said:

I think a Hunger Games-like game would be really fun. Have always thought so, and yet. Nothing 😞

Minecraft Hunger Games is a thing 😛

Edited by Rezi
  • Based 1

15 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

AMPU with an office editor 

AMPU with the power to mod another countries - at least the elections

Total War game set in the Civil War era

English Civil War Total War game

GTA set in various new locations

EA Football manager (was cancelled in 2014)

KPop manager

Formula 1 manager (MotoGP, DTM too)

I might be able to remember the Conclave game enough to put it together again and make a forum version, but considering how little time I have you'd have to do most of the research on the historical cardinals. However, if we make it fictional, then it can be made quickly and you won't have to do much. 

It was a simple game in that all I needed was:

• Cardinal's name
  • Race/Ethnicity
  • Doctrinal Ideology
  • And I had some other sort of ideology but I'm trying to remember what it was. I think it was like a social ideology. So one could be conservative in doctrine, such as wanting Latin Mass, but then also socially liberal in regards to progressive welfare or something like that. 
  • I didn't have any personality traits or anything like that, such as charisma, or debate, or anything like that, but I might add that to fictional cardinals. 
  • the ballot process was a lot like the Convention in AMPU, but I'll have to remember how that was done. 
  • Cardinals were drawns to those most similar to them, so I remember having a kind of ballot boost for an Italian nominee from the Italian cardinals. 

When I made the original game in 2013, I never played it with another person. I pretty much played it myself about 7 times and then never touched it again, mainly because I didn't think I had any friends in town that would be interested in playing it. I had just back to Texas from NYC. 

Not sure when I'll get started on something like this if we do something like this. If I ever made a version with historical cardinals, I'd probably have every conclave since John Paul I and then maybe some really old historical ones from like the Renaissance or something. 

Because of my time commitment to teaching and AMPU, I can't see myself working on it more than an hour a week once I get started, but that might be enough to have something within a few months as the game isn't too complex. 

• Like 2

Maybe some sort of mad scientist game. Players would think up a really out there, yet still hypothetically possible, invention, and then the rest of the game is spent transforming that wild dream into a practical reality, whoever is able to invent their invention first wins. Players would have to secure financial backers, materials, tweak the idea to make it more realistic. I think it would be a good balance between fun, while also educating people about the natural, and formal sciences.

A really in depth municipal politics game… basically city level AMPU now that a I think about it. You’d control a faction trying to gain control of the mayorship, city council, school board, sanitation commissioner, police commissioner, etc. 

Xeno-archeology game where you have to investigate the ruins of a fallen space empire in order to find its homeworld, and preserve it for scientific research, while also racing against a rival faction that wishes to use the fallen empire’s technology for personal gain. Kind of like an Indiana Jones game set in Space now that I think about it.

A pulp sci-fi action adventure game, that’s an homage to the kind of stories you’d find in pulp magazines during the golden age of science fiction. I’m not entirely sure about the plot but I think it would have to a solar-system spanning adventure from the untamed jungles of Venus to the drying deserts colonies of Mars, to a terraformed Moon, to a retro-futurist city on Earth. IDK maybe I’ve just been reading to many back issues of Analog Science Fiction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I might be able to remember the Conclave game enough to put it together again and make a forum version, but considering how little time I have you'd have to do most of the research on the historical cardinals. However, if we make it fictional, then it can be made quickly and you won't have to do much. 

It was a simple game in that all I needed was:

• Cardinal's name
  • Race/Ethnicity
  • Doctrinal Ideology
  • And I had some other sort of ideology but I'm trying to remember what it was. I think it was like a social ideology. So one could be conservative in doctrine, such as wanting Latin Mass, but then also socially liberal in regards to progressive welfare or something like that. 
  • I didn't have any personality traits or anything like that, such as charisma, or debate, or anything like that, but I might add that to fictional cardinals. 
  • the ballot process was a lot like the Convention in AMPU, but I'll have to remember how that was done. 
  • Cardinals were drawns to those most similar to them, so I remember having a kind of ballot boost for an Italian nominee from the Italian cardinals. 

When I made the original game in 2013, I never played it with another person. I pretty much played it myself about 7 times and then never touched it again, mainly because I didn't think I had any friends in town that would be interested in playing it. I had just back to Texas from NYC. 

Not sure when I'll get started on something like this if we do something like this. If I ever made a version with historical cardinals, I'd probably have every conclave since John Paul I and then maybe some really old historical ones from like the Renaissance or something. 

Because of my time commitment to teaching and AMPU, I can't see myself working on it more than an hour a week once I get started, but that might be enough to have something within a few months as the game isn't too complex. 

Sounds amazing. I think I can guess my amount of available time for this semester better in about a week if I have to do any research. 

I'd love historic cardinals, but fictional ones would be good as well.