The Political Lounge

PC Games You Wish Existed

vcczar

I really wish I could play The Movies again, or an updated version. It was a lot of fun building these superstar actors/ directors and watching their careers grow from the 30s until they inevitably got plastic surgery in the 80s to continue acting. 

That plus seeing the actual movies you wrote get made was really cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 10centjimmy said:

I really wish I could play The Movies again, or an updated version. It was a lot of fun building these superstar actors/ directors and watching their careers grow from the 30s until they inevitably got plastic surgery in the 80s to continue acting. 

That plus seeing the actual movies you wrote get made was really cool.

I'm always surprised to see how much love that game gets.  I was addicted to Hollywood Mogul 2 and HM3 at the time, which were text based but deeper movie studio simulations.  There was a lot of hype on those forums for The Movies, so I bought it...but I think I only played it once.  Felt too shallow to me, but apparently I'm in the minority!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'm always surprised to see how much love that game gets.  I was addicted to Hollywood Mogul 2 and HM3 at the time, which were text based but deeper movie studio simulations.  There was a lot of hype on those forums for The Movies, so I bought it...but I think I only played it once.  Felt too shallow to me, but apparently I'm in the minority!

Fair enough, haven't played the two you mentioned but I take your word for it. I think I also enjoyed the "roller coaster tycoon" feel of building the specific studio lots and stuff. 

• Like 1