The Political Lounge

History-Based Video Game List

vcczar

There's a game where you play as FBI Director J Edgar Hoover, called Jey's Empire.  I really enjoyed it, though it's crazy difficult and I've lost every time I've played.

On the modern front, there's Is The President A Traitor?   You play someone trying to investigate a web of conspiracy potentially going all the way to the top of the executive branch.  Others including Justices, cabinet, etc may be implicated as well.  You choose who to interrogate, when to get a warrant, when to convict, when to try to flip someone, which informants to trust,  etc.  Every game is randomized.  I think I've won once and gotten murdered a lot. ;c)

Edited by MrPotatoTed
  • Based 1

12 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

There's a game where you play as FBI Director J Edgar Hoover, called Jey's Empire.  I really enjoyed it, though it's crazy difficult and I've lost every time I've played.

On the modern front, there's Is The President A Traitor?   You play someone trying to investigate a web of conspiracy potentially going all the way to the top of the executive branch.  Others including Justices, cabinet, etc may be implicated as well.  You choose who to interrogate, when to get a warrant, when to convict, when to try to flip someone, which informants to trust,  etc.  Every game is randomized.  I think I've won once and gotten murdered a lot. ;c)

I played the 2nd game. I think I won the first time I played. I was really bad at playing it because I would only skim the text and move on to when I could make an action. Didn’t really have the patience for it but somewhere I revealed who all the bad guys were. Im unsure if I won because I don’t remember if they got convicted or anything. I may have just played until it was clear who the bad guys were and then I stopped or got killed. I played it only for a day. I can see that it’s a great game, but it isn’t my style. I’ll add it to the list later though. 

I’ve had the Hoover game on my wishlist for awhile. I’m not sure why I haven’t decided to get it yet. I’ll consider playing it once I take a break from Victoria 3. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I also like the following:

Pacific strike: you play as a carrier pilot in ww2 Pacific.  Need a mod to play 

Aces of the deep: play as a sub commander for nazi Germany in ww2

Oregon trail 2: better then original.  You play from 1840 to 1860 and depending on year have more places to go to like California or salt lake city and more forts to help you out 

Edited by Bushwa777

43 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

I also like the following:

Pacific strike: you play as a carrier pilot in ww2 Pacific.  Need a mod to play 

Aces of the deep: play as a sub commander for nazi Germany in ww2

Oregon trail 2: better then original.  You play from 1840 to 1860 and depending on year have more places to go to like California or salt lake city and more forts to help you out 

I've been playing the updated Oregon Trail. 

For whatever reason, I've never really gotten into WWII games. Hearts of Iron is probably my favorite and it's still probably my least favorite of the major Paradox games. I think the primary reason for this is that I have a great preference, greater knowledge for linear warfare. This basically places me in a box from c. 1618 (30 Years War) through c. 1865 (American Civil War). I think I lose interest in post-Civil War battles because so much of it involves trenches. I also don't think I'm interested in the added factor of tanks and air power. As such, I don't think I've significantly enjoyed any war game beyond or before this linear warfare period. Much of it might be because I have a rather complete understanding of tactics, strategies, and logistics for linear warfare. If you add air power, I go into confusion, although I could probably figure it out if I can make it interesting to myself. 

I think I'm more likely to enjoy a sub commander game, if I had to select a WW2 game. 

• Like 1