The Political Lounge

Modern Warefare 2

SilentLiberty

7 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Is anyone going to be getting or playing Modern Warefare 2 tonight? Or in the near future? I haven't played a call of duty since MW2019 so I'm pretty excited for it. I'll be playing the Xbox Series X but I think it's universal cross play. Warzone 2 comes out next month I believe.

I've never been able to get into Call or Duty or most 1st person shooters. I like GTA and RDR2 though. 

• Like 1

I used to play COD lot but not as much anymore. I liked Black Ops Cold War for it's campaign. Probably won't get another COD until another Black Ops though. Been wanting to replay the old campaigns lately. 

16 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

RDR2 is one of my favorite games/stories of all time.

Yeah the single player was amazing. I had fun playing online too but mostly just griefing people to get into shootouts. Sometimes I’d just play cards. 

My favorite is when I get like 5 people to go after me and sometimes I’ll kill all of them before they get me. I haven’t played much in a year though. 

• Based 1

I played a ton of the original modern warfare -- it was probably my primary game for at least a year, if not longer.  But ever since I moved last summer, I haven't even bothered unpacking my video game systems and haven't missed them.  I'm officially getting old.  Or just enjoying spending all of my limited free time on AMPU.  ;c)

As for Red Dead Redemption 2, I played about half of it.  I was mostly enjoying myself (though not to the point that literally everybody else does, apparently, as most seem to feel it's the greatest game of all time and I thought it was just average).  But then I got bored one day and decided to go into town and shoot everyone, just like how sometimes in GTA you set aside the missions and just go on a killing spree.

But after I was killed or arrested or whatever, the next time I was in town people remembered that I had killed a bunch of people there.  I wasn't expecting my mass murder spree to become in-game canon, and that kind of ruined the experience for me as it didn't feel like something Arthur would do in-character for no reason.  That took me out of the storyline and I never really returned to it.

5 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I played a ton of the original modern warfare -- it was probably my primary game for at least a year, if not longer.  But ever since I moved last summer, I haven't even bothered unpacking my video game systems and haven't missed them.  I'm officially getting old.  Or just enjoying spending all of my limited free time on AMPU.  ;c)

As for Red Dead Redemption 2, I played about half of it.  I was mostly enjoying myself (though not to the point that literally everybody else does, apparently, as most seem to feel it's the greatest game of all time and I thought it was just average).  But then I got bored one day and decided to go into town and shoot everyone, just like how sometimes in GTA you set aside the missions and just go on a killing spree.

But after I was killed or arrested or whatever, the next time I was in town people remembered that I had killed a bunch of people there.  I wasn't expecting my mass murder spree to become in-game canon, and that kind of ruined the experience for me as it didn't feel like something Arthur would do in-character for no reason.  That took me out of the storyline and I never really returned to it.

I have a Ps5 that I almost never use. Only reason I play console is to talk to one of my best friends while playing GTA. I find PC games preferable. 

I don’t know if it’s getting older but I have more fun simming games and seeing the results than playing. Same will likely be the case with AMPU. I’ve done this since Madden football allowed multiple seasons. I preferred drafting players and simming the season. A lot of that is ADHD. I must do multiple things simultaneously to be stimulated. So I’ll Sim, excepting occasional intervention, and work on other projects, read, do work etc. It isn’t efficient for anything but it keeps me going. 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I have a Ps5 that I almost never use. Only reason I play console is to talk to one of my best friends while playing GTA. I find PC games preferable. 

I don’t know if it’s getting older but I have more fun simming games and seeing the results than playing. Same will likely be the case with AMPU. I’ve done this since Madden football allowed multiple seasons. I preferred drafting players and simming the season. A lot of that is ADHD. I must do multiple things simultaneously to be stimulated. So I’ll Sim, excepting occasional intervention, and work on other projects, read, do work etc. It isn’t efficient for anything but it keeps me going. 

Absolutely.  I do the same for Madden (or used to, haven't bought it for a few years after they stopped improving franchise mode).  I do the same for Paradox games usually, and will certainly do the same for AMPU.  My fun comes from seeing what happened, not from actually making it happen.  That's why I prefer to run the games on here than to play in them. ;c)

• Like 1
  • Based 2

20 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Absolutely.  I do the same for Madden (or used to, haven't bought it for a few years after they stopped improving franchise mode).  I do the same for Paradox games usually, and will certainly do the same for AMPU.  My fun comes from seeing what happened, not from actually making it happen.  That's why I prefer to run the games on here than to play in them. ;c)

This is how I play most sports games, and the paradox games as well. Honestly it's what I'm looking forward to most with AMPU. I even recently restarted the old President Infinity game to Sim through presidential elections again haha

• Like 1

I've actually heard mildly good things about Madden this year, but that's for the newest gen which I haven't bothered buying as I'm kind of over console games at this point in my life.

That said, once State of Decay 3 comes out, I'm sure that will be a day-one purchase for me and I'll pick up the new XBOX for it.  At that point, I'll likely spring for Madden too.