The Political Lounge

AMPU Platforms

vcczar

I'm wondering if I should change how platform planks are made?

Current rules for platform, the following must be chosen:

• 1 Econ Legis
  • 1 Dom Legis
  • 1 Judicial Legis
  • 1 Foreign Aff/Mil Legis
  • 1 Pres Action
  • Resolve on-going crisis (not a choice)

Possible replacement:

• I create a spreadsheet of platform planks to choose from based on history, with some alternates. 

I kind of like how we already have it, but part of me wonders if players will pick easy platform goals, when the goals should be something that would excite their base. 

So what I need to know is:

• Have you noticed any issues/exploits etc with the current platform system
  • Any ideas for ensuring that, say, someone proposes Universal Healthcare and not something that like Increase Funding to the Arts because its easier and less likely to face opposition. 
  • Any other ideas. 

Two thoughts: 

1. We had discussed taking thr whole platform out of the hands of one faction and making it so each faction picked part of the platform. I don't remember why we decided against this.

2. What if the riskier platform option gave more of a bonus upon completetion. Either an election bonus or points bonus. Easier planks give less or nothing. Or easier ones lose you a lot more points/election penties if you don't complete them and get stonewalled by congress.

6 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Two thoughts: 

1. We had discussed taking thr whole platform out of the hands of one faction and making it so each faction picked part of the platform. I don't remember why we decided against this.

2. What if the riskier platform option gave more of a bonus upon completetion. Either an election bonus or points bonus. Easier planks give less or nothing. Or easier ones lose you a lot more points/election penties if you don't complete them and get stonewalled by congress.

Yeah, maybe I'll have sort of point system for taking on riskier ones or ones worth more points or something.