The Political Lounge

NFL Football RP

vcczar

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

@themiddlepolitical or @DakotaHale is there a way to save rosters? For the RP, I think I'll create a league and the players from scratch. Also, can you edit draft classes?

Yes you can edit draft classes, and you can save rosters but it's somewhat complicated. But you can carry on from one season to the next (including an offseason) so idk why you'd need to.

35 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Yes you can edit draft classes, and you can save rosters but it's somewhat complicated. But you can carry on from one season to the next (including an offseason) so idk why you'd need to.

Hopefully my last question. Is there a way to play as all the teams at once? This is so can I input everyone's instructions. 

I'd want to save the rosters just so I can reuse the default rosters if I create a league similar to the one I made in Madden in 2001. I plan on remaking that league into this league.

Just now, vcczar said:

Hopefully my last question. Is there a way to play as all the teams at once? This is so can I input everyone's instructions. 

I'd want to save the rosters just so I can reuse the default rosters if I create a league similar to the one I made in Madden in 2001. I plan on remaking that league into this league.

Yes, you can take control of all teams at once (but I’ve never used the feature so I’m not sure how seamless it is).

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@DakotaHale

I have tested the game for a quick play yesterday and it's probably the best football coach/manager sim I've ever played.

And I'll tag @DakotaHale I'd say the only thing I don't like statistically about the game is that rushing yards and interceptions are much lower than they are in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

And I'll tag @DakotaHale I'd say the only thing I don't like statistically about the game is that rushing yards and interceptions are much lower than they are in the NFL. 

Probably. GP and GS seems to have an error sometimes. It doesn't add up correctly for your QBs

8 minutes ago, Cal said:

I’d be interested in playing, but my team is the Jacksonville Jaguars 😞 would it be possible to join when you hit the 90s?

I'm probably going to use fictional teams if I use that free simulator. I could use Football Mogul 20, which I own for historical teams, but the stats never make sense. 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm probably going to use fictional teams if I use that free simulator. I could use Football Mogul 20, which I own for historical teams, but the stats never make sense. 

In that case, are the fictional teams premade or are they renameable? I’d love to take a team in Orlando, Key West, Tallahassee, Panama City, etc in Florida. Maybe a Knoxville or Chattanooga team in Tennessee. Lots of good options for custom teams but not something to explore unless it’s something you’re already doing. 

if nothing else, if custom teams ARE an option, I loved the wacky teams you had before. Just those names would make for some fun matchups even without the players. 

@DakotaHale @ConservativeElector2 @themiddlepolitical I wrote the creator of this football simulator and he said he'll have historical players, seasons, etc. finished sometime this year. He notes its harder because there are far less stats for positions for football than for basketball. I offered to help create the players since I have a strong working knowledge of NFL history and players going back to its 1920 origins. He said that would take too long, so he's going to base it all on player states and team performance. He thinks it will be workable, but I can tell he's a little skeptical of it being as realistic as the NBA sim. I'll probably give him feedback on how to tweak the players once he does release it. He admits he hasn't much to weigh an OLman from 1957, for instance.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@DakotaHale @ConservativeElector2 @themiddlepolitical I wrote the creator of this football simulator and he said he'll have historical players, seasons, etc. finished sometime this year. He notes its harder because there are far less stats for positions for football than for basketball. I offered to help create the players since I have a strong working knowledge of NFL history and players going back to its 1920 origins. He said that would take too long, so he's going to base it all on player states and team performance. He thinks it will be workable, but I can tell he's a little skeptical of it being as realistic as the NBA sim. I'll probably give him feedback on how to tweak the players once he does release it. He admits he hasn't much to weigh an OLman from 1957, for instance.

Yeah that is probably tough..It would def require a bit of research. Obvious ones to have high ratings would be well known/hall of fame OL from the time period. I'm happy he is so responsive though, He is amazing with the community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Good to know, that the creator responds so fast. I have two things I'd like to see in lists. All historical first draft picks and the most successful players. Like who won the most championships and maybe other honors.