The Political Lounge

China covid cases spike to peak levels

DakotaHale

10 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Thoughts? Seems to be an only China thing for now. 

FCB72DEC-3DE8-4158-97EE-5FD455BC393C.jpeg

The worrying thing here is that China has enforced far more draconian and oppressive lockdowns than anything in the West, so COVID spiking does not bode well for their populace's wellbeing in more than one way.

I'm surprised I haven't had COVID yet, considering I use public transportation, sit in coffee shops, teach at a university, etc. I am four-times vaccinated, so that helps, I assume. In fact, aside from the usual half-day reaction to the vaccines, I don't think I've been sick with anything since COVID began. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Meant in a positive way. At least we agree on getting vaccinated is better than to risk something.

Oh ok. Thanks. It was just hard to tell the context of it being funny. I don't know what the policy is in Austria, but in the US, we aren't required to vaccinate but we are recommended to do so every 6 months. I'm not that dilligent about it. I went about a year before getting my 4th vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Oh ok. Thanks. It was just hard to tell the context of it being funny. I don't know what the policy is in Austria, but in the US, we aren't required to vaccinate but we are recommended to do so every 6 months. I'm not that dilligent about it. I went about a year before getting my 4th vaccine. 

I see. No problem, I know that written humor is often difficult to interpret.

At some point they implemented a mandatory vaccine policy here, but they had to take that back. I think it is recommend to get the vaccines every six months as well. My 5th time will be next March if I am not mistaken. 

• Thanks 1