The Political Lounge

Event Longer-Term Impacts/Event Chains

Gray

So, I'm new to the forum here...but I've been mulling over how some events are clearly the result of others and so on.  I'm wondering what might be going on "under the hood" of the game in this respect.

For example, I'll point to the "gas crunch" in 1973: Obviously, the US had to tick off the Arab side in the Middle East (probably more likely than not for various reasons), but US fuel consumption had to exceed domestic production by a good bit (there was a prior attempt at an oil embargo after 1967, but it went nowhere).  Obviously, there are policies that could be enacted which could make the crunch either not happen or seriously mitigate the impact (be it foreign policy, domestic policies which prevent fuel consumption from rising so high...or earlier-game things such as owning the oil fields in Canada, Mexico, etc.).

So, how do things like this chain together (or not)?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gray said:

So, I'm new to the forum here...but I've been mulling over how some events are clearly the result of others and so on.  I'm wondering what might be going on "under the hood" of the game in this respect.

For example, I'll point to the "gas crunch" in 1973: Obviously, the US had to tick off the Arab side in the Middle East (probably more likely than not for various reasons), but US fuel consumption had to exceed domestic production by a good bit (there was a prior attempt at an oil embargo after 1967, but it went nowhere).  Obviously, there are policies that could be enacted which could make the crunch either not happen or seriously mitigate the impact (be it foreign policy, domestic policies which prevent fuel consumption from rising so high...or earlier-game things such as owning the oil fields in Canada, Mexico, etc.).

So, how do things like this chain together (or not)?

Every event has prerequirements in order to occur. Some require another event to fire first. Some require meters to be in a certain place in order to fire. Others can only fire if other events haven't fired.

Does this answer your question?

• Like 2