36 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Steam user?

• All of my PC games are on Steam
    • Most of my PC games are on Steam
    • About half of my PC games are on Steam
    • Barely any of my PC games are on Steam
    • I don’t use Steam
    • What is Steam?
  2. 2. How important is it that AMPU be on Steam?

• I won’t get the game if it isn’t.
    • Important but not a dealbreaker.
    • Not important.
    • No opinion
  3. 3. Can you leave any arguments in favor of putting the game on Steam?

From the tone of the kickstarter and the way the Dev emails have gone I have been feeling that AMPU has felt as a more niche game than one that would be mass marketed on steam. I think part of it is just advertising to a wider audience and I don’t necessarily think that steam is the most cost effective way to do that. I got here through forums to buying PMI and then it’s gone from there.

It just makes sense. Sure Valve will take some of the cut but he can make infinitely more money putting the game on steam then if he made it exclusive to his website so theoretically it should cancel out. It won't ensure the game is super popular or anything, but you have better access to the market that would be interested in a game like AMPU.

Edited by Cenzonico
  • Like 1

I say that we cut a deal with him. The game can be on his website exclusively for like 3-6 months so that all the nerds who are gonna buy it anyway buy it and everything goes to him. Then afterwards when sales have slowed he releases it on steam to open it up to a new audience.

• Like 2
  • Based 1

20 minutes ago, Rezi said:

I say that we cut a deal with him. The game can be on his website exclusively for like 3-6 months so that all the nerds who are gonna buy it anyway buy it and everything goes to him. Then afterwards when sales have slowed he releases it on steam to open it up to a new audience.

I've considered telling him that, but it's kind of unfair for people who would want it on Steam. They'd have to buy the game twice. But I'll accept that if it is the only way he'll put it on Steam. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I've considered telling him that, but it's kind of unfair for people who would want it on Steam. They'd have to buy the game twice. But I'll accept that if it is the only way he'll put it on Steam. 

You could ask him if he can guarantee a steam key for people who buy it off his website so that isn't a issue. 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Yeah we just have to convince Anthony now. He’s afraid people that people will buy it on Steam and he’ll lose 30% of what he’d get if someone bought it on his website. For whatever reason, the exposure argument isn’t enough to convince him, but I’ll keep trying. 

He’ll get 70% of the 30,000 people who would see it on steam, or 100% of the 30 people who will see it on his website.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Can I ask a question without you all getting mad? Well going to ask anyway. We like this type of game but what is target audience?  The only games I have seen on steam go big are like game of thrones. We ain't that, yet maybe the movie vc is writing will get us there :) but do we really think 30,000 people will buy this game?

46 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Can I ask a question without you all getting mad? Well going to ask anyway. We like this type of game but what is target audience?  The only games I have seen on steam go big are like game of thrones. We ain't that, yet maybe the movie vc is writing will get us there 🙂 but do we really think 30,000 people will buy this game?

The Kickstarter far exceeded most of our expectations, and from all over the world, with no real advertising.  

• Agree 5

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

How would it make the updates easier? I'll be glad to present this argument if you explain how updating is made easier with Steam. 

I’m not sure whether it makes it easier for Anthony but for the purchaser it makes it easier as the game will automatically update once it’s updated on steam. This means that you don’t have to log in each time, delete the old copy you have and download a whole new copy of the game losing your previous saves in the progress. Now I know with some games an update will ruin all former saves so that might not be a huge argument in favour. But it does in my option make it more practical for the user as you don’t have to keep an eye out for emails or on the forums that the game has updated rather steam does that for you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EYates said:

I’m not sure whether it makes it easier for Anthony but for the purchaser it makes it easier as the game will automatically update once it’s updated on steam. This means that you don’t have to log in each time, delete the old copy you have and download a whole new copy of the game losing your previous saves in the progress. Now I know with some games an update will ruin all former saves so that might not be a huge argument in favour. But it does in my option make it more practical for the user as you don’t have to keep an eye out for emails or on the forums that the game has updated rather steam does that for you.

I can bring that up, although I think he'd be more convinced if it were easier for him.