Jump to content
The Political Lounge

Questions on game


Bushwa777
 Share

Recommended Posts

@vcczar In the 1948 playtest we just lost many people and Pres Truman resigned.   But we have not done laws yet.  Would it not make more sense in the game for laws and other actions before people die or resign and events occur?  Especially since with the restriction on the legislation we cannot have investigations anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

@vcczar In the 1948 playtest we just lost many people and Pres Truman resigned.   But we have not done laws yet.  Would it not make more sense in the game for laws and other actions before people die or resign and events occur?  Especially since with the restriction on the legislation we cannot have investigations anyway?

It will make more sense once you’re playing beyond the first half term. It’s in the most logical spot. I’ll have to check your playtest to see if Truman is randomly resigning mid-presidency. That shouldn’t happen. Don’t have time today to look. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It will make more sense once you’re playing beyond the first half term. It’s in the most logical spot. I’ll have to check your playtest to see if Truman is randomly resigning mid-presidency. That shouldn’t happen. Don’t have time today to look. 

@Bushwa777 Truman resigned because of general event, according to another post I just read. So that isn’t a bug. Everything seems fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Here is another question.  As we play along will there be a way we can see what we have done before, like for instance what each governor has done so that we dont repeat a action and thus ruin our move?

You'll be able to see what is enacted, what is not enact, and what is available. I'm hoping that the game records game history, but that all depends if it will slow the game down too much or not. I know one reason Paradox games slow down the longer you play is that it is storing an insane amount of information because the game gathers information over the years of game time, especially with Crusader Kings III. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just read in a book about how during the struggle for women's right to vote it was pointed out that if you only took voting as a means of representation and electrical college you could really weaken say the south during jim crow.  That would be interesting to code into the game 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Anthony's other games have a easy setting or hard setting. will apmu have easy hard historical so on when it's just you vs. Computer?

I don't think so because I don't know how to have my CPU rules enforce that. I think the best way to do easy or hard is to take a faction with a difficult ideology. 

Easy: Play as a moderate in most eras. Or as a Liberal or Conservative in the later eras. 

Moderate: Reverse of the above. 

Difficult: Play as a Progressive (excluding in Eras 1892-1968 in which they'd be moderate difficulty). Play as LW Pop or RW Pop after 1892. 

Extremely Difficult: Play as Traditionalist or LW Pop and RW Pop prior to 1892. 

Beginners should probably be assigned moderates. The most experienced player should probably be assigned Traditionalists. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question on game currently.  1948 is in legislative voting per title. I brought something to committee and voted for it even though it goes against my group.  But now based on it being legislative voting I chose to vote against measure.  I can do that right? I asked the gm but he is gone next 2 days so figured this is quicker.  Can someone check about this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Question on game currently.  1948 is in legislative voting per title. I brought something to committee and voted for it even though it goes against my group.  But now based on it being legislative voting I chose to vote against measure.  I can do that right? I asked the gm but he is gone next 2 days so figured this is quicker.  Can someone check about this?

No. I believe this came up one time, and we made it that you have to vote for bills you propose. This is to prevent gaming the system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

When the game is released and we are faced with choices like the legislation to repeal or pass will there be a list we can choose from telling us who it benefits and so on?

Probably so but I’m not sure how much information in will give. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

In the game wilk we be able to choose people like susan b. Anthony, frederick Douglass, Booker t. Washington, or web Dubois? Or will we have to wait until women or African Americans get the right to vote?

They won't be usable for almost all offices. 

I'm currently debating on whether or not to allow them to be drafted when they can't be used. They'll likely be added to the first draft in which they can hold office. So if Susan B Anthony is still historically alive in 1872, and women get the right to vote, in the previous half-term, she'll be draftable in the 1872 draft as a 52 year-old rookie (born in 1820. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

They won't be usable for almost all offices. 

I'm currently debating on whether or not to allow them to be drafted when they can't be used. They'll likely be added to the first draft in which they can hold office. So if Susan B Anthony is still historically alive in 1872, and women get the right to vote, in the previous half-term, she'll be draftable in the 1872 draft as a 52 year-old rookie (born in 1820. 

I like this idea, but also like the idea of having to weigh the risk of whether drafting someone like her will be worth it if you don’t know whether you’ll ever be able to actually use her.

I’d probably vote for the risky way (if you’re taking input lol). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I like this idea, but also like the idea of having to weigh the risk of whether drafting someone like her will be worth it if you don’t know whether you’ll ever be able to actually use her.

I’d probably vote for the risky way (if you’re taking input lol). 

My only objectiong to allowing them to be drafted in advance is that I think it will lead to ahistorical early votes 90% of the time because everyone is going to want to be able to use all their politicians. Whereas if no one has the politicians at stake, the more tradition restriction is more likely to occur. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vcczar said:

My only objectiong to allowing them to be drafted in advance is that I think it will lead to ahistorical early votes 90% of the time because everyone is going to want to be able to use all their politicians. Whereas if no one has the politicians at stake, the more tradition restriction is more likely to occur. 

Very true. I wasn’t considering that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My only objectiong to allowing them to be drafted in advance is that I think it will lead to ahistorical early votes 90% of the time because everyone is going to want to be able to use all their politicians. Whereas if no one has the politicians at stake, the more tradition restriction is more likely to occur. 

I could be wrong but in early drafts most of the Black, Women etc politicians pool at the left end of the political spectrum and they already want to push for those bills for points so I dont think it changes much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My only objectiong to allowing them to be drafted in advance is that I think it will lead to ahistorical early votes 90% of the time because everyone is going to want to be able to use all their politicians. Whereas if no one has the politicians at stake, the more tradition restriction is more likely to occur. 

If playing with the AI the AI will just play to their cards, and I figure if the humans want to do something like that, they're going to do it regardless of if they've drafted the pols beforehand or not, so it's kind of a moot point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question.  This past weekend we did 1950 midterm elections.  I put a guy del latta up in ohio house of representatives but he was removed because his ideology matched the incumbent.  I understand that rule but I put my guy up Friday night and the incumbent did not get put up until Saturday night at earliest.  I feel since I was first it should have been allowed in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Question.  This past weekend we did 1950 midterm elections.  I put a guy del latta up in ohio house of representatives but he was removed because his ideology matched the incumbent.  I understand that rule but I put my guy up Friday night and the incumbent did not get put up until Saturday night at earliest.  I feel since I was first it should have been allowed in 

That's not how the game will work. The incumbent will state whether or not he or she will run for reelection first. The challenges are made from lowest score to highest score. Playtesting isn't as strict on order because otherwise it would take ages to get through a phase 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...