The Political Lounge

Questions on game

Bushwa777

Need some advice: 

I am doing my 1st Pres Election and while I think sheet does most of the behind work for me how do I:

1) 

• Are the Pres or VP from a faction with the lobby card that relates to the state’s leading industry? +1 in that state if so (add +2 if they also have the matching expertise). (Cannot add more than +2, even if both members of the ticket have that expertise). See Industry Rules in the Miscellaneous Rules section for details. 

• Are the Pres or VP from a faction with the lobby card that relates to the state’s *worst* industry? -1 in that state if so (subtract -2 if they also have the matching expertise). (Cannot subtract more than -2, even if both members of the ticket have that expertise).

How do I find this out?

2) How do I figure out EC needed?  

Edited by Bushwa777

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

Something I think I've noticed: I don't think anyone's using the popular/unpopular legislation section for points. To be fair: it's a long way down and I'm not sure if it's even in the game rules anymore

Yeah, I don't know that it was ever actually referenced in the rules (though it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that, especially if its in 3.0 somewhere).

57 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Yeah, I don't know that it was ever actually referenced in the rules (though it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that, especially if it’s in 3.0 somewhere).

We talked briefly about it in the 1840 group chat and just were unsure what to do with it mechanically. 

2 hours ago, Ich_bin_Tyler said:

We talked briefly about it in the 1840 group chat and just were unsure what to do with it mechanically. 

it doubles or halves points depending on what's being passed.

3 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Yeah, I don't know that it was ever actually referenced in the rules (though it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that, especially if its in 3.0 somewhere).

did a search, it is not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If they have 5 pols of a given interest/lobby they would get a card. Whatever they have the most in (that qualifies for their ideology). If the faction has none with 5 or more pols only then would they not receive a card.

1 minute ago, ebrk85 said:

If they have 5 pols of a given interest/lobby they would get a card. Whatever they have the most in (that qualifies for their ideology). If the faction has none with 5 or more pols only then would they not receive a card.

that's what I thought, so at least in the 1772 start date, many factions will not recieve cards due to not having at least 5 pols with those expertises/interests

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

that's what I thought, so at least in the 1772 start date, many factions will not recieve cards due to not having at least 5 pols with those expertises/interests

Yea even by my 1800 start date there were a few factions that started with no interest.

Question on civil war.  Currently we put generals and admirals in charge.  If civil war happens:

1. Do both sides do this?

2. What about if your faction splits? Do you get a chance to do both if say your president of us and Secretary of war for csa?

2 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Question on civil war.  Currently we put generals and admirals in charge.  If civil war happens:

1. Do both sides do this?

2. What about if your faction splits? Do you get a chance to do both if say your president of us and Secretary of war for csa?

According to 3.0 if the Civil War occurs all politicians that join the movement are unavailable while the war is ongoing. 

8 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

If a player faction attempts to draft a pol that's both out of their draftable ideologies and in another state, what's the %s doing there? multiplying? addition?

Addition, I think?  I'm not sure what you mean by in another state.

22 minutes ago, EYates said:

Would someone mind clearing up for me how politicians can earn command points please?

Here are all the ways I found:

1. 9th or 10th place get +1 to their first draft pick.  That has a 1/6 chance of being command.

2. Career tracks have small chance of adding command.

3. Continental Congress president has 20% chance.

4. Committee chairs have a 10% chance.

5. Faction leader has 20% chance.

6. Party leader has 75% chance first time elected, and 25% chance after.

7. Secretary of State has 10% chance first time confirmed.

8. Military Leadership roles get 20% chance if major war is active.

9. Ambassadors get 10% chance if at war with their country.

10. Successful implementation of events have a chance for president and cabinet members.

11. Successful governor actions that aren't automatic have 10% chance.  If this action improves a meter, the chance increases based on the size of their state.

12. A politician who proposes successful crisis legislation has 10% chance.

13. Successful filibuster has 10% chance.

14. Politicians who propose legislation that successfully move a meter have a chance, 10% for senators and 5% for reps.

15. Military personnel who win a major war have a 10% chance.

16. Winner of a difficult or medium battle has a very small chance.  Note that losing a medium or easy battle has a small chance of LOSING command.

17. A military member winning the majority of battles in a phase has a chance.

18. Keynote speaker has a small chance.

19. Winning presidential election has 50% chance.

20. Re-elected VP has 25% chance.

21. Governors winning election have 33% chance if they already have command.

22. Senators winning a third term have 25% chance if they already have command.

There are a couple more fringe options in the miscellaneous rules, but they are rare cases.

• Based 2