Jump to content
The Political Lounge

AMPU Idealistic Legislation


vcczar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm curious what kind of idealistic legislation we can come up with as hypothetical legislation. Basically, I want you to think of laws that you wish existed, but has never been proposed.

For instance, if you think "the stock market is evil and creates inequality in wealth, " you might think, "What if the stockmarket were abolished?" Therefore, a bill you might suggest would be "Abolish the Stock Market" or "Make Stock Trading Illegal." 

So think about what laws you wish existed and wish were acceptable or allowable in a "perfect world." 

p.s. the stock market ideas is not really my own opinion, although I sympathize with the idea of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this topic is still getting attention, but an idea I had for those of us that are infrastructure nerds:  Audit and Trim Excess Interstate Highway Routes

I say this as someone who absolutely loves the interstate highway system, despite the environment impact meaning other forms of transit are objectively better:  There are a lot of useless vestigial routes and projects that basically linger on forever as the remnant of some grand design that are never going to get trimmed because it'd be 95% political suicide to actually take such funding away even if the project is indefinitely on hold.  But what if someone manged to ram cancelations through in the other 5% of their political career?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...